Windows 10: Cannot disable lock screen in Windows 10 Pro version 1909

Discus and support Cannot disable lock screen in Windows 10 Pro version 1909 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Using the Group Policy Editor, the options under "User Configuration >> Administrative Templates >> Control Panel >> Personalization" do not include Do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RickBrr, Feb 3, 2020.

1. RickBrr Win User

Cannot disable lock screen in Windows 10 Pro version 1909

Using the Group Policy Editor, the options under "User Configuration >> Administrative Templates >> Control Panel >> Personalization" do not include Do not display the lock screen. This option does not appear under "All Settings" either. Is going the regedit route the only option available now or am I missing something?

:)

RickBrr, Feb 3, 2020

2. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 3, 2020
  3. nsmth Win User
    Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

my version does not allow gpedit.msc- please provide instructions on how to skip the lock screen and go to login for the rest of us. this is a very annoying step

nsmth, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Cannot disable lock screen in Windows 10 Pro version 1909

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

chasedward, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Cannot disable lock screen in Windows 10 Pro version 1909

1. Cannot disable lock screen in Windows 10 Pro version 1909 - Similar Threads - Cannot disable lock

2. Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro: Good morning all. Last Saturday I clean reinstalled Win 10 Pro on my laptop. It needed it after almost 5 years. So, for the first couple days, everything was fine. I decided to disable the lock screen and Windows sign in. It was great, then the next day I started getting...
  3. Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro: Good morning all. Last Saturday I clean reinstalled Win 10 Pro on my laptop. It needed it after almost 5 years. So, for the first couple days, everything was fine. I decided to disable the lock screen and Windows sign in. It was great, then the next day I started getting...
  4. Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. cannot disable lock screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    cannot disable lock screen: I've tried using Brink's reg file download to disable lock screen, also made the gpedit change to enable the setting "do not display lock screen", also used winaero tweakers' "disable lock screen" setting but none of them are working, I still get the lock screen when coming...
  6. cannot disable lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot disable lock screen: I've tried using Brink's reg file download to disable lock screen, also made the gpedit change to enable the setting "do not display lock screen", also used winaero tweakers' "disable lock screen" setting but none of them are working, I still get the lock screen when coming...
  7. Windows 10 Version 1909 Keeps Locking screen even if i'm playing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Version 1909 Keeps Locking screen even if i'm playing: So, i have the online classes, and i have this issue... I can't solve it, and i found about it, from users that post things like that on 3 December... Please help me how to fix 'Locking screen' and then coming back... Randomly, even if i'm playing, i'm on Zoom, or i'm...
  8. Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909: Using HP Pro 3500 with 2 user accounts which intermittently freezes when switching accounts & before the change password box appears. Have to switch off then power back on to overcome the issue. Windows updates are set to auto, so carried out when prompted & looked for the...
  9. Cannot change lock screen wallpaper [Windows 10 Pro]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change lock screen wallpaper [Windows 10 Pro]: I'm not sure if this exact question has been posted here. So sorry if its repeated.. I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper for Windows 10. Clicking on the browse button and selecting any image shows the below loading icon but then the preview just goes back to the...
  10. Disable lock screen in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable lock screen in Windows 10.: Previously I was able to disable the lock screen in Windows 10 by editing the registry, however in the November update version this no longer appears to work. Please advise as to how I can get rid of the Lock screen in the latest version Windows 10. Thanks. 47040

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not able to lock windows 1909 manually