Windows 10: cannot disable lock screen

Discus and support cannot disable lock screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've tried using Brink's reg file download to disable lock screen, also made the gpedit change to enable the setting "do not display lock screen", also... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by johnhoh, Jun 11, 2021.

1. johnhoh Win User

cannot disable lock screen

I've tried using Brink's reg file download to disable lock screen, also made the gpedit change to enable the setting "do not display lock screen", also used winaero tweakers' "disable lock screen" setting but none of them are working, I still get the lock screen when coming out of sleep. Fwiw, I also cannot delete the guest user profile, and when I go into settings>personalization>lock screens it says "some of these setting are hidden or managed by your organization". This build is from an image back up from six months ago that I just installed, and let windows bring updates on to date as of yesterday, its now build 19043.1052. Thanks for any advice. One more thing, the settings app crashes anytime I do settings>accounts. If anyone thinks that is the issue I can post all the steps I've made to fix it, though none have worked. The powershell fix resulted in a message like "app xyz is in use and cannot be updated"

:)

johnhoh, Jun 11, 2021

2. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 11, 2021
  3. nsmth Win User
    Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

my version does not allow gpedit.msc- please provide instructions on how to skip the lock screen and go to login for the rest of us. this is a very annoying step

nsmth, Jun 11, 2021
  4. cannot disable lock screen

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

chasedward, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

cannot disable lock screen

1. cannot disable lock screen - Similar Threads - cannot disable lock

2. Disable startup lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable startup lock screen: Hello,I've been trying to get rid of the lock screen for hours, i can't manage to do it.I tried the techniques here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-startup-lock-screen/dd8ec354-e035-4809-bbea-e0847aba5afb- I am using a local account- Windows 10...
  3. Disable startup lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable startup lock screen: Hello,I've been trying to get rid of the lock screen for hours, i can't manage to do it.I tried the techniques here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-startup-lock-screen/dd8ec354-e035-4809-bbea-e0847aba5afb- I am using a local account- Windows 10...
  4. Cannot figure out how to disable the Caps Lock/Num Lock on-screen icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot figure out how to disable the Caps Lock/Num Lock on-screen icon: Hi there,I'm playing on my lenovo legion laptop Windows 10All of a sudden, every time I turn on/off Caps Lock and Num Lock on my keyboard an icon pops up in the middle of the screen. I must have turned on the feature by accident because I am 100% sure that I've never seen it...
  5. cannot disable lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot disable lock screen: I've tried using Brink's reg file download to disable lock screen, also made the gpedit change to enable the setting "do not display lock screen", also used winaero tweakers' "disable lock screen" setting but none of them are working, I still get the lock screen when coming...
  6. Keys disabled and screen locked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keys disabled and screen locked: Due to covid-19 im working from home. My daughter was playing about with my laptop and shes managed to disable the keys and lock the screen! Ive had a look on google but cant find a solution....can anyone help?...
  7. Permanently Disable Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Permanently Disable Lock Screen: I got a new laptop and it had some undesired behavior: After 5 minutes of being left unattended it returns to the lock screen where I have to sign in again. I cannot watch movies or anything else because the unattended pc goes to the lock screen after 5 minutes. I...
  8. Disable the Lock Screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable the Lock Screen?: Is there any way to disable the Lock Screen instead so it won't show on startup? Thanks 6552
  9. Disable inactive lock screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable inactive lock screen.: Good afternoon, I've got a feeling I'm missing something really basic but I am unable to disable the lock screen that appears after approx 5 minutes of inactivity. I've used registry and deactivated it following tutorials but that has only stopped the lock screen on...
  10. Can't Disable Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Disable Lock Screen: This issue has plagued me since I've transitioned to Windows 8 and up. The Lock Screen feature (primarily ctrl + w) gets in the way of using certain programs. I've tried a few methods, all of which either don't work or stopped working. Registry Editor [img] Local Group...