Windows 10: Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop

Discus and support Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried every one of the suggestions to disable this touchpad. My issue is that the ELAN tab doesn't show up like on my other computer under the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HP User Lawbirdy, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop

I have tried every one of the suggestions to disable this touchpad. My issue is that the ELAN tab doesn't show up like on my other computer under the additional settings. The last tab i see is Hardware. It does show the Elan Touchpad under the hardware tab, just like my other computer but no additional tab with the Elan title which has the checkbox to disable it when an external mouse is connected. I have windows 10 home and an hp laptop. Does anyone have any other suggestions. I have already reinstalled the drivers 2x and it did nothing to change the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Completely Frustrated!!

:)

HP User Lawbirdy, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Mkelly521 Win User
    ELAN touchpad on Asus laptop disabled every time Windows 10 boots

I loaded Windows 10 yesterday (8/7/15) and the ELAN touchpad on my Asus laptop would not work. I have a wireless mouse that I was able to use and accessed the Mouse page under Hardware and Sound where I found that the ELAN button was disabled. I enabled
    and the touchpad worked until I rebooted this morning.

Mkelly521, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Joergi Win User

Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop

Can't disable touchpad

My laptop contains a touchpad by ELAN. The ELAN driver (and several versions of the Synaptics one as well) allows you to disable the touchpad in Control Panel > Mouse > ELAN > Disable, if an external USB mouse is found.

I checked that and it is working as expected.

Joergi, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop

1. Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop - Similar Threads - Cannot disable Elan

2. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop Elan touchpad: I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10. Up until recently a couple of updates ago the touchpad would automatically disable when a USB mouse was installed. However, now it doesn't disble on startup. I have checked the settings, and the disable box is checked. I have also...
  3. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop Elan touchpad: I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10. Up until recently a couple of updates ago the touchpad would automatically disable when a USB mouse was installed. However, now it doesn't disble on startup. I have checked the settings, and the disable box is checked. I have also...
  4. HP Laptop Elan touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Elan Touchpad Disable

Elan Touchpad Disable: After update 20H2 the Elan Touchpad on my HP Pavillion that had been previously disabled became re-enabled. I went to device manager to disable but found that the ability to disable is no longer an option. I uninstalled device using the device manager and it re-installs...
  6. How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad?: I have found a ton of information online, but most of it seems outdated since it doesn't apply to me or my situation. To be honest, after researching this topic in the past, I was able to disable it, but...I had forgotten how to now. If someone would be so kind to assist...
  7. Disable ELAN touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable ELAN touchpad: I have an HP laptop 17-by0073cl ...when I got it a few years ago, I kept having a problem with the font size changing all the time just by brushing across the touchpad. Someone gave me the solution where I had to change a code and it worked great....for months and months....
  8. I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop

I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop: I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop using the settings function. I tried using Device Manager with no success. The user manual doesn't get into this. Any ideas?...
  9. Elan touchpad on my HP laptop

Elan touchpad on my HP laptop: Since my laptop was in the shop and new Windows updates were downloaded, I cannot get rid of the Elan touchpad. I prefer to never use the touchpad. How do I disable this annoying device?...
  10. Cannot disable ELAN Touchpad on Lenovo G500

Cannot disable ELAN Touchpad on Lenovo G500: Prior to installing Windows 10, I would disable the touchpad on my PC (hate it!) by going to Settings - Mouse Properties - ELAN - Stop Device. Since installing Windows 10, the ELAN device does not show up under devices and I cannot disable. Does anyone know how to fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp laptop cannot disable touchpad from control panel