Windows 10: Cannot disable notifications in settings APP or group policy 1709

Discus and support Cannot disable notifications in settings APP or group policy 1709 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installed 16299.15 RS3 on test machine. Three notification settings cannot be disabled. Turn them off, and they just turn back on again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wobitancrawfodi, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Cannot disable notifications in settings APP or group policy 1709

Installed 16299.15 RS3 on test machine.
    Three notification settings cannot be disabled. Turn them off, and they just turn back on again.
    (Notifications from Apps and other senders, notifications on lock screen and notifications about VOIP calls).
    Turned them off, and went into group policy editor and disabled the notifications under user configuration. But of course that does not work because even though the slider moved to "Off" the settings are not actually being turned off.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Know the specific registry keys for these three settings? - If I set them off, assuming it's not Microsoft deliberately defaulting them to "ON" wouldn't that work?

thanks

:)

Wobitancrawfodi, Oct 29, 2017

2. Win 10 Toast Notifications Keep Reverting to Off

Without my turning them off, the Win 10 OS keeps turning of app notifications in the Action Center. In the notifications settings, a message is displayed that "Some settings are managed by your organization", even though this is a standalone computer,
    not part of an organization (although on a home network). The "Show app notifications" toggle is set to off and grayed out. I can reverse this by using the Group Policy Editor to set the User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Start Menu and Taskbar/Notifications/Turn
    of toast notifications
    setting to Disabled. However, after a while, the notifications turn off again and the notifications settings page looks like described above, even though the Group Policy Editor setting has not been changed. I can re-enable the
    notifications for a while by setting the aforementioned Group Policy Editor setting to Not Configured and then back to Disabled but the notifications eventually turn off again by themselves. Does anyone know how to stop this annoying behavior and keep app
    notifications turned on?

Michael Gibson 3850, Oct 29, 2017
  3. [Solution Found]"Some settings are managed by your organization" when trying to change notification settings.

Type "Edit Group Policy" into search and open the Local Group Policy Editor.

Navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar > Notifications > Disable "Turn off toast notifications" and you're done! Cannot disable notifications in settings APP or group policy 1709 :)

Envino Tena, Oct 29, 2017
Thema:

Cannot disable notifications in settings APP or group policy 1709

1. Cannot disable notifications in settings APP or group policy 1709 - Similar Threads - Cannot disable notifications

2. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications: Hello,Is there a way to enable notifications for the clock app within windows to send you notifications via group policy manager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-clock-app-via-group-policy-for/92c2f1f6-0ad9-455d-a3db-f1b30950134a
  3. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications: Hello,Is there a way to enable notifications for the clock app within windows to send you notifications via group policy manager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-clock-app-via-group-policy-for/92c2f1f6-0ad9-455d-a3db-f1b30950134a
  4. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bitlocker Group Policy settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Group Policy settings: Dear reader,I have a question about the bitlocker group policy settings. More specifically about the configuration of the pre-boot recovery message and URL. In the image below it's in Dutch you see the standard bitlocker recovery message. We know it is possible to include an...
  6. Cannot Clear Group Policies???

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Clear Group Policies???: I am hoping someone can help me with this. I have tried to clear the attached group policies from my Windows 10 Pro Ver. 20H2 as they are causing Windows Update to not update properly. I have tried both the gpedit.msc way (sorted by status) and also the command prompt method...
  7. Disable Group Policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Group Policy: Hi, I've tried following the community instructions to disable 'group policy' (changing DWORD 'Start' to Decimal 4), yet there's an error and I'm unable to do this ('cannot edit Start: error writing the value's new contents'). I bought my computer as a demo from Harvey...
  8. Group Policy not affect Settings app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy not affect Settings app?: I have a new Windows 10 Pro laptop that I am configuring. I am a Windows 10 newbie, and am especially new to using Group Policy to configure it. I decided to disable both AutoRun and AutoPlay, since they seem like major security breaches, so I implemented the 2 Group Policy...
  9. Group Policy Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy Settings: I just installed an update, lost my Stickies - destroying my world, & my default app settings are changing on their own. I contacted Microsoft after exhausting all available info online, had a remote session, 2 chats, and it is still broken. Does anyone know the steps to...
  10. Windows 10 notifications (Group policy)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 notifications (Group policy): Hello, I just upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 home. On windows 8.1 i get a notification balloon. Now i want to get the notification balloon back in windows 10 home I can't open the group policy because windows 10 says it doesnt recognize the program. How can...