Windows 10: Cannot disable Pen and Windows Ink "Double-Tap" function

Discus and support Cannot disable Pen and Windows Ink "Double-Tap" function in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a problem where Pen and Windows Ink is doing something horrible on Zoom's whiteboard when using my Wacom drawing tablet. Whenever I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zarquan314, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Cannot disable Pen and Windows Ink "Double-Tap" function

I have a problem where Pen and Windows Ink is doing something horrible on Zoom's whiteboard when using my Wacom drawing tablet. Whenever I want to write, it keeps interpreting pen strokes close to each other as "Double-Taps" or some other Windows Ink gesture. These gestures trigger the Windows Ink visual effect and eat my pen strokes. Here are a few examples:This is me trying to write the character "F" 7 times in a row. Windows Ink ate all the cross bars, replacing them with dots.This is me trying to write the equation "y = mx + b"This is me trying to write the alphabet and writing "The qu

:)

Zarquan314, Aug 11, 2022

2. Surface Pen not inking after a week

Windows 10 21H1, Surface 7, Surface Pen.

I have undertaken the following steps:

• windows is up-to-date
    • uninstalled drivers (Pen and related, Ink)
    • updated drivers
    • complete shutdown into UEFI
    • changed battery
    • tried alternate pen which worked (friends that worked)
    • tried pen on his surface (failed)
    • changed pen tip (ridiculous step if you don't have the spare tips)
    • connected and reconnected bluetooth
    • cleaned the connectors of the pen as best as I can
    • I've seen a recommendation to update to Windows 11, however I am not comfortable in doing so at this stage. It should be functioning with Windows 10, there is no reason for it not to.
    On two occasions the pen inked for approximately 1 minute, then stopped.

The purpose of my surface was for university this year, but if the pen fails after a week. It will be best to return the various Microsoft Surface, Keyboard, and Pen, and looking into Apple's alternatives. I can't be spending hours (still in support queue at the time of writing) trying to troubleshoot this each time Microsoft's product fails to meet standards...

FriendlyJester, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Bamboo Ink Pen

Hi Billy,

Using a Bamboo Ink Pen doesn't require a specific tablet for it to work as long as you're using a touch-capable tablet or PC. For us to provide you the possible resolution and the accurate information as to why you're having issues with Bamboo Ink Pen, answer
    the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Have you tried updating the driver of your Bamboo Ink Pen to isolate compatibility issues?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to the requested information for us to assist you.

Lizette Ags, Aug 11, 2022
  4. looyee Win User

Cannot disable Pen and Windows Ink "Double-Tap" function

Windows ink no pen pressure function in photoshop cs6

My laptop model is Acer spin 5, come with Acer Active Stylus pen. By using the Windows Ink with sykechpad have pen pressure function, but using photoshop cs 6 the pen pressure no function.

looyee, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Cannot disable Pen and Windows Ink "Double-Tap" function

1. Cannot disable Pen and Windows Ink "Double-Tap" function - Similar Threads - Cannot disable Pen

2. Pen and windows ink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen and windows ink: Hello, I just got a Microsoft 10 surface go this Friday and the pen and windows ink menu won’t show up. I need it to so I can write with my Microsoft pen and take notes at school. I have been doing everything I could to get it to work with no luck and for the longest time....
  3. Pen and windows ink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pen and windows ink: Hello, I just got a Microsoft 10 surface go this Friday and the pen and windows ink menu won’t show up. I need it to so I can write with my Microsoft pen and take notes at school. I have been doing everything I could to get it to work with no luck and for the longest time....
  4. Cannot disable Pen and Windows Ink "Double-Tap" function

Cannot disable Pen and Windows Ink "Double-Tap" function: I have a problem where Pen and Windows Ink is doing something horrible on Zoom's whiteboard when using my Wacom drawing tablet. Whenever I want to write, it keeps interpreting pen strokes close to each other as "Double-Taps" or some other Windows Ink gesture. These gestures...
  5. Windows Pen and Ink

Windows Pen and Ink: Just purchased a new desktop computer with Windows 10 installed, and I updated to Windows 11, and SSD drive. Works brilliantly, However, every time I try to use my XPen and tablet Windows Pen and Ink keeps insisting I need to use it. Can anyone tell me how/if I am able to get...
  6. Pen & Windows Ink

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pen & Windows Ink: I used to be able to write with my pen on Words or on pdf. When I open the Pen & Windows Ink setting, I found that under 'When I tap a text field with my pen, use handwriting to input text', there are only 2 options being: 1 Only in tablet mode 2 when the keyboard isn't...
  7. Double Tap

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double Tap: When I want to "enter" something and I tap that key, it always returns to the same empty space and I have to re-enter and tap "enter" again. What can cause that? It is annoying....
  8. How to disable double tap on touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable double tap on touchpad: After this new Windows 10 update I cannot find the settings to turn off touchpad double tap feature. Its annoying that Microsoft has changed the layout of windows when there was no need to. Before the update is was very easy to do. Please can someone show me how to turn...
  9. Disable Pen Windows Ink

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Pen Windows Ink: Hi, In Win10 1809 > Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows INK The first check box is : Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip How to disable or turn off this check box in registry? thanks this does not help: Turn On or Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel...
  10. Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows How to Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable on demand. The...