Windows 10: Cannot Disable Remote Assistance

Discus and support Cannot Disable Remote Assistance in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This has me baffled and at my wits end, tried just about everything but no success, basically in the Remote Assistance box is agreyed out check box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cr355, Feb 13, 2020.

1. cr355 Win User

Cannot Disable Remote Assistance

This has me baffled and at my wits end, tried just about everything but no success, basically in the Remote Assistance box is agreyed out check box that I cannot uncheck. Secondly if I press the advanced button then in the Remote Control box the Allow this computer to be controlled remotely checkbox isn't greyed out yet everytime I uncheck it then go back in it has somehow re-checked itself?
    Any thoughts anyone ?

:)

cr355, Feb 13, 2020

2. Remote Assistance

Hi Darlene,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Are the computers connected to domain?

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed in your computer?
    Reference: Meanwhile you may follow the suggestions in the below article and check if it helps. With Remote Desktop Connection, you can sit at a PC and connect to another PC in a different location (the remote
    PC).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/remote-desktop-connection-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: You may open the Start menu and click on search bar to access search bar. Except the search bar option, everything will work in Windows 10 as suggested in the above article. You may not access some of
    the computers if they are connected to domain. If you can see the sign-in screen of the remote PC but you can't sign in, you might not have been added to the Remote Desktop Users Group or to any group with administrator rights on the remote
    PC. Ask your system admin to do this for you.

If the computers are connected to domain, you may post your query in Microsoft TechNet forum. We have a dedicated team with advanced tools and permissions to help you with this type of issues. I suggest you to post the same
    query in Microsoft TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue.

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer

We suggest that you disable any security program on your computer and check if it resolves the issue.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as
    soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Then follow the steps below to ensure remote desktop is enabled:

• Click Start.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Right-click This PC.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Remote settings in the upper left hand corner.
    • Ensure the option Allow remote connection to this computer and
      Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer is selected.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Cannot Disable Remote Assistance

How to disable the Update Assistant

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. You can disable the Update Assistant but we suggest to free up spaces on your computer so when the time comes you can update your Windows. It is essential to get the Update since it will give you more features and protection
    for your Windows. You can follow the steps below on how to disable Update Assistant:

• On Search bar, type in Task Scheduler then click on it to open.
    • In the left pane, navigate to Task Scheduler Library>
      Microsoft > Windows > UpdateOrchestrator.
    • Look at the right pane and click on Update Assistant.
    • Look for Triggers tab (usually at the bottom), then click on each triggers and choose
      Disable at the right side.
    • If you see Update Assistant CalendarRun under Update Assistant, you can do the same thing to it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lemuel Cie, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Disable Remote Assistance

1. Cannot Disable Remote Assistance - Similar Threads - Cannot Disable Remote

2. Remote assistance issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote assistance issues: Hello, we have a weird remote assistance issue. When a user asks for help, they send the invitation and the password to the admin helper, but it only works inside the network. For example it works between a user in UK office and a user in Spain office but not when one or both...
  3. Diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop?: What's the diference between Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop? Microsoft offers 3 different ways for the user to share their screen in order to receive technical support from someone more knowledgable. I'm using Windows 10 20H2 179501
  4. Remote assist.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote assist.: I some times give assistance to a friend using 'Quick Assist', is there anyway I can have my cursor pointer showing on his screen while I move around his PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-assist/def2c5f4-b2b1-4ed5-8166-4238096d9b73
  5. Windows Remote Assistance

Windows Remote Assistance: Someone at the Microsoft assistance desk is not authorized to use a Remote Desktop session. Why not? [ATTACH] That's the 6 hour pass above. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlSWPJi5lbz55T-WOiCjkF4uNy1l?e=g67NGy That's the invitation file above. They gave me a strange link to LogMeIn...
  6. Remote assistance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote assistance: My pc was suffering from continuous incomplete updates. I contacted Microsoft and a technician tried to assist remotely on my pc. Whilst trying to solve the issues she uninstalled the wifi driver so I now have no internet connection. The wifi was infact working perfectly...
  7. REMOTE ASSISTANCE

REMOTE ASSISTANCE: Greetings, I've been reading someone's post or question about Remote Assistance. I know what it is & how it works & I believe the long name of it is Windows Remote Assistance. I was just wondering is this the same program that HP uses every time they connect to my own HP...
  8. remote assistance

remote assistance: What happens when I enable remote assistance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-assistance/cb5205e8-e974-42b6-b23a-afb413d11b49
  9. remote assistance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remote assistance: what is the easiest way to offer remote assistance from a windows 10 computer to a windows 8 computer? is there a way to connect the two if the receiving windows 8 computer can not access their email or can not grasp the concept of sending an invitation?...
  10. Enable or Disable Remote Assistance Connections in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Remote Assistance Connections in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Remote Assistance Connections in Windows How to Enable or Disable Remote Assistance Connections in Windows Windows Remote Assistance lets someone you trust, such as a friend or technical support person whom you have contacted, take over your PC...