Windows 10: Cannot Disable Shortcut Text!!! Help!!!

Discus and support Cannot Disable Shortcut Text!!! Help!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft is the devil. In other news, I can't disable windows explorer shortcut text from being added on to shortcuts I create. I've tried manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ryevick, Jul 17, 2020.

1. ryevick Win User

Cannot Disable Shortcut Text!!! Help!!!

Microsoft is the devil.

In other news, I can't disable windows explorer shortcut text from being added on to shortcuts I create. I've tried manually doing the reg edits in the below field to 00 00 00 00 and it makes... 0 difference.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer (link)

Please help, this is so annoying.

Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

:)

ryevick, Jul 17, 2020
  2. NogtTL Win User

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, Jul 17, 2020
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Cannot Disable Shortcut Text!!! Help!!! :)

terrace, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Cannot Disable Shortcut Text!!! Help!!!

Windows 10 Send to Desktop as Shortcut is missing

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys and Type "shell:sendto" in
      RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open "Send To" folder.
    • Now right-click on blank area in the folder and select "New -> Text document". It'll create a text file with the name "New Text Document.txt". Rename this file and set its name to "Desktop (create shortcut).DeskLink".
    • That's it. Now you'll get "Desktop (create shortcut)" option back in "Send To" menu.
    NOTE: Make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" option is disabled in "Folder
    Options"

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Disable Shortcut Text!!! Help!!!

1. Cannot Disable Shortcut Text!!! Help!!! - Similar Threads - Cannot Disable Shortcut

2. How to disable SHIFT-CTRL shortcut in Notepad to change text direction?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable SHIFT-CTRL shortcut in Notepad to change text direction?: I have been using Notepad and Windows keyboard shortcuts for over 30 years. I just built a new PC and upgraded to Windows 11, and now whenever I happen to hit CTRL and the right SHIFT key at the same time, all the text shifts to the right, as if I right-clicked and selected...
  3. How to disable SHIFT-CTRL shortcut in Notepad to change text direction?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable SHIFT-CTRL shortcut in Notepad to change text direction?: I have been using Notepad and Windows keyboard shortcuts for over 30 years. I just built a new PC and upgraded to Windows 11, and now whenever I happen to hit CTRL and the right SHIFT key at the same time, all the text shifts to the right, as if I right-clicked and selected...
  4. Desktop Shortcut Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Shortcut Text: how to fix desktop shortcut text like this, this is weird. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-text/dfa87a9f-526f-4eac-b709-09cb0ea7f3d3
  5. Desktop Shortcut Text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Shortcut Text: how to fix desktop shortcut text like this, this is weird. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-text/dfa87a9f-526f-4eac-b709-09cb0ea7f3d3
  6. Desktop Shortcut Text

7. Disabling shortcut keys

Disabling shortcut keys: Hi, It's been 30 years since I used Ctrl+Alt+f for typing [ .Now I can't do that anymore, as this shortcut is taken by the full screen command.I don't need the full screen command at all, but even if I would, there are plenty other ways to switch to that. What I do need...
  8. Help with Windows 10 Text Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Windows 10 Text Keyboard Shortcuts: I am a recent convert from macOS to Windows 10 and I'm missing a key feature. On macOS you are able to quickly navigate text using keyboard shortcuts such as: control + f to move forward and control + b to move backward. On Windows I've only been able to do this using the...
  9. [Help!] Changing or disabling Menu Bar Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help!] Changing or disabling Menu Bar Shortcuts: [IMG] Hi guys. Is there any way to change the Menu Bar shortcuts for specific apps? In Premiere Pro I wanna use the Alt Key for a couple of shortcuts but some of those are already used by the Menu Bar. Alt+E opens up the Edit tab in the Menu Bar. Can I somehow change the...
  10. Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion: I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here. Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to loop though text suggestions insert the text suggestion...