Windows 10: Cannot Disable the "Allow device to wake computer" !!! -- Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot Disable the "Allow device to wake computer" !!! -- Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just to preface... This was working for me just fine for the last 3 years, until I recently got a new desk and had my computer unplugged for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by wdmLex, Oct 14, 2019.

1. wdmLex Win User

Cannot Disable the "Allow device to wake computer" !!! -- Windows 10

Just to preface... This was working for me just fine for the last 3 years, until I recently got a new desk and had my computer unplugged for a few days.

I am using the Razer Chroma mouse and keyboard with the latest Razer firmware... I have gone into the Device Manage and unchecked the box "Allow this device to wake the computer" for both the mouse and keyboard. Have restarted the computer multiple times as well. Every time I move the mouse when the computer is sleeping it wakes up.

I need it to only wake up when I push the power button... Like I used to have it set to do.

Please help !!!

:)

wdmLex, Oct 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Why does Power Options -> Sleep -> Allow wake Timers -> Disabled not work?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• How do you think that Spotify is causing this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps

• Go to device manager.
    • Click on network adapters.
    • Right on the network adapters.
    • Click on power management.
    • Uncheck the option Allow this device to wake this computer.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 14, 2019
  4. carcetti Win User

Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10  

Hi! I too have an ASUS (UX360UAK) laptop. The power button is annoyingly on the side and rather inconvenient to push down every time I want to wake my laptop, and hitting a keyboard button won't wake it from sleep either.

I've gone into device management-->keyboards-->power management. In device management there are three keyboards: a PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 (101/102-Key), and two HID Keyboard Devices. I'm not sure which one of these is the physical keyboard, but only the only one that has a Power Management tab is one of the HID Keyboard Device's so I'm assuming it's this one. In Power Management, Allow this device to wake the computer is CHECKED/ENABLED but still keyboard won't wake my laptop from sleep.

I've completed the BIOS instruction too, and HID Keyboard Device (001) is listed and enabled (See pic)

Cannot Disable the "Allow device to wake computer" !!! -- Windows 10 [​IMG]

I've also tried entering this command: powercfg -deviceenablewake "HID Keyboard Device (002)" and it doesn't work I get the following:
    C:\Users\Mahsa>powercfg -deviceenablewake "HID Keyboard Device (002)"Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error (0x490) has occurred: Element not found.

carcetti, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot Disable the "Allow device to wake computer" !!! -- Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot Disable Allow

2. Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager: I'm confused. It's hot and the computer room is the hottest room in the house even when most of the equipment is shut down, so I have the ceiling fan set to maximum to supplement the air conditioning. I also have a medium room fan as well about 1 foot in diameter running.I...
  3. Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager: I'm confused. It's hot and the computer room is the hottest room in the house even when most of the equipment is shut down, so I have the ceiling fan set to maximum to supplement the air conditioning. I also have a medium room fan as well about 1 foot in diameter running.I...
  4. Mouse wakes up laptop from sleep even when "Allow this device to wake the computer" is disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse wakes up laptop from sleep even when "Allow this device to wake the computer" is disabled: [ATTACH] I have a laptop, running Windows 10. I wanted to keep my usb mouse (Logitech G430) from waking it up from sleep mode since even slightly bumping against my desk seems to move the mouse enough to wake the laptop up. I followed this guide, basically everything...
  5. Disable Ethernet adapter power management while allowing device to wake computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Ethernet adapter power management while allowing device to wake computer: Windows 11 greys out the "Allow device to wake computer" option when the "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power option is checked." I'm looking to keep the ethernet controller powered at all times and allow wake on LAN after extended shut down periods. The...
  6. Disable Ethernet adapter power management while allowing device to wake computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Ethernet adapter power management while allowing device to wake computer: Windows 11 greys out the "Allow device to wake computer" option when the "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power option is checked." I'm looking to keep the ethernet controller powered at all times and allow wake on LAN after extended shut down periods. The...
  7. USB mouse wakes laptop, 'Allow this device to wake the computer' is unchecked

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB mouse wakes laptop, 'Allow this device to wake the computer' is unchecked: My Windows 10 laptop is being woken from sleep by a USB mouse. When the mouse is not plugged in, my computer doesn't wake from sleep unexpectedly.When plugged in, the mouse has two entries in the Device Manager called 'HID-compliant mouse'. I have unchecked the 'Allow this...
  8. Enable or Disable Allow wake timers on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Allow wake timers on Windows 10: If your computer is waking up from Sleep automatically, there is a chance that the Allow wake timers option is enabled. If you want to disable or turn off Allow wake timers on Windows 10, here is a step-by-step guide that will be helpful. Even if you put your computer on...
  9. Windows forgets “Allow This Device to Wake the Computer” tick

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows forgets “Allow This Device to Wake the Computer” tick: I want my mouse to wake up my pc but whenever I tick the “Allow This Device to Wake the Computer” box and restart my PC, the setting is reset. Please help! submitted by /u/Framed_Previz90 [link] [comments]...
  10. Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10 How to Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to allow or prevent devices to wake your Windows 10 PC from a hibernate state. You must be signed in as an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update orchestrator service wakes computer