Windows 10: Cannot disable touchpad on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot disable touchpad on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently acquired a refurbished Sony VAIO (model VPCF115FM). The system has a clean install of Windows 10 with no software changes. There is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pawlybeans, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Pawlybeans Win User

Cannot disable touchpad on Windows 10

I recently acquired a refurbished Sony VAIO (model VPCF115FM). The system has a clean install of Windows 10 with no software changes.

There is software by Sony that allows the touchpad to be disabled, but it is incompatible with Windows 10.

I have followed advice of several Sony and Microsoft support techs, but nothing so far has worked.

It is often suggested to go into the Control Panel, into Mouse Settings, and go to the Touchpad tab. As you can see here, there is no such tab in my

system.

Cannot disable touchpad on Windows 10 f8eebefc-4936-4494-8a4a-0c43f6128e53?upload=true.jpg

I have uninstalled the drivers for the touchpad, but the touchpad still operates. When I restart, the touchpad is reinstalled.
    At this point, I'm considering electrical tape or opening it open and severing connections to the touchpad. It's incredibly frustrating to try gaming with a touchpad you can't disable by any means.

EDIT: electrical tape doesn't work.

:)

Pawlybeans, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

disable touchpad

Hi Donna,

Disabling touchpad will depend on the make and model of your Laptop. Some models would have its own button that would allow you to disable/enable the touchpad from the keyboard. Other models would also have settings from its own driver software that would
    allow you to toggle it on/off. Since you've mentioned that your laptop is Dell, may we know the specific model?

However, if you have other pointing device to connect on your laptop (like a mouse), you can disable the touchpad through Windows settings by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    • Click Devices.
    • Choose Touchpad.
    • Uncheck Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected.

After performing the steps above, your touchpad will be disabled until you disconnect the other pointing device.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Ralph Sta, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot disable touchpad on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot disable touchpad

2. Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad: I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop. I've found a previous post about this question with the following instructions: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then Themes. Select Mouse pointer settings. Then, click on the last tab...
  3. Disable Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Touchpad: How do I disable touchpad on Lenovo T440p running Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/disable-touchpad/6ddf61a3-76b4-4a4c-9ae0-187cd2b67182
  4. disable touchpad

disable touchpad: mlg63 250718 Fn plus f3 no longer works. Dear mlg63, the solution below you gave me, Fn plus f3, no longer works. -------------------------------------- mlg63 270318 worked when I also pushed Fn key Dear mlg63, I found the F key 'icon, touchpad with an X'. It is f3....
  5. Cannot Disable Touchpad

Cannot Disable Touchpad: I have an ASUS G75 notebook. I cannot find a way to disable the touchpad since upgrading to Win 10. I've googled and cannot find a solution anywhere. I've tried deleting the driver, Windows just re-installs it. I've tried disabling the software at startup thru Taskmanager,...
  6. Disable Touchpad

Disable Touchpad: How can I disable the touchpad on an ASUS laptop? 72928
  7. Synaptics touchpad windows 10 wont disable

Synaptics touchpad windows 10 wont disable: i understand i have asked this before, but my touchpad still refuses to disable. i have tried 5 different versions of the synaptics driver, and i believe im currently running on the best version (according to my laptop). if i go to control pannel and disable it from there its...
  8. Cannot disable ELAN Touchpad on Lenovo G500

Cannot disable ELAN Touchpad on Lenovo G500: Prior to installing Windows 10, I would disable the touchpad on my PC (hate it!) by going to Settings - Mouse Properties - ELAN - Stop Device. Since installing Windows 10, the ELAN device does not show up under devices and I cannot disable. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Disable TouchPad

Disable TouchPad: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad R500 laptop on which Win 10 hasbeen installed. The laptop was given to me just to try Win 10. I dislike usingthe touch pad and want to disable it but I can't do it. One way that issupposed to work is to go to Control Panel and bring up the mouse icon....
  10. Can't disable touchpad

Can't disable touchpad: I do not like the touch pad. When I had Windows 8.1, I simply disabled it. But Windows 10 has a mind of it's own. I go into settings for touch pad and put a check mark where it says "disable touch pad". But as soon as I restart, the touch is enabled. I go where I put the...