Windows 10: Cannot disable touchpad on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot disable touchpad on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently acquired a refurbished Sony VAIO (model VPCF115FM). The system has a clean install of Windows 10 with no software changes. There is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pawlybeans, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Cannot disable touchpad on Windows 10

I recently acquired a refurbished Sony VAIO (model VPCF115FM). The system has a clean install of Windows 10 with no software changes.

There is software by Sony that allows the touchpad to be disabled, but it is incompatible with Windows 10.

I have followed advice of several Sony and Microsoft support techs, but nothing so far has worked.

It is often suggested to go into the Control Panel, into Mouse Settings, and go to the Touchpad tab. As you can see here, there is no such tab in my

system.

Cannot disable touchpad on Windows 10 f8eebefc-4936-4494-8a4a-0c43f6128e53?upload=true.jpg

I have uninstalled the drivers for the touchpad, but the touchpad still operates. When I restart, the touchpad is reinstalled.
    At this point, I'm considering electrical tape or opening it open and severing connections to the touchpad. It's incredibly frustrating to try gaming with a touchpad you can't disable by any means.

EDIT: electrical tape doesn't work.

:)

Pawlybeans, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

Cannot disable touchpad on Windows 10

disable touchpad

Hi Donna,

Disabling touchpad will depend on the make and model of your Laptop. Some models would have its own button that would allow you to disable/enable the touchpad from the keyboard. Other models would also have settings from its own driver software that would
    allow you to toggle it on/off. Since you've mentioned that your laptop is Dell, may we know the specific model?

However, if you have other pointing device to connect on your laptop (like a mouse), you can disable the touchpad through Windows settings by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    • Click Devices.
    • Choose Touchpad.
    • Uncheck Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected.

After performing the steps above, your touchpad will be disabled until you disconnect the other pointing device.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Ralph Sta, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Cannot disable touchpad on Windows 10

1. Cannot disable touchpad on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot disable touchpad

2. Cannot Disable or Uninstall Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Disable or Uninstall Touchpad: [Following up on this now-closed thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-disable-touchpad-while-using-a-mouse-anymore/328745ad-2d14-4d48-907b-98d4f8f4ef5e] It is impossible to disable or even uninstall my touchpad driver. When I uninstalled and...
  3. Touchpad + Windows 10 + Enable/Disable

Touchpad + Windows 10 + Enable/Disable: After the recent update, I am unable to disable/enable my touch-pad from neither the settings nor from the hot keys. The enable/disable option has been removed. why ? I really need to disable my touch-pad on-board mouse, as it is very problematic while typing/coding....
  4. Cannot Disable Synaptics touchpad

Cannot Disable Synaptics touchpad: First, I have reviewed all the relevant threads and followed all suggestions. HP laptop running Windows 10 Pro Ver 1909. There is no "Clickpad" or "Touchpad" button under my mouse settings. There is no checkbox to "Leave touchpad on when external mouse connected." I have even...
  5. Touchpad Cannot be Disabled

Touchpad Cannot be Disabled: My new HP 250 G7 laptop with Windows 10 v 1903 has the latest Synaptics touchpad driver 19.5.35.26 but in settings the option to disable it is not active. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still cannot disable the touchpad by any means. HP says the settings are...
  6. Disabling the touchpad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling the touchpad in Windows 10: I can't find the setting for disabling the touchpad. I looked in the settings for both the touchpad and the mouse. From what I read, there is supposed to be a setting for the mouse that says "Disable Touchpad when mouse is plugged in" or something like that, but that...
  7. disable touchpad windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disable touchpad windows 10: I had disabled my touchpad because I use a mouse. Now it is back again and can't seem to disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touchpad-windows-10/f0f064aa-00de-46b0-81cb-41bff3fe0605
  8. Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad: I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop. I've found a previous post about this question with the following instructions: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then Themes. Select Mouse pointer settings. Then, click on the last tab...
  9. Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable on demand. This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the touchpad...
  10. Cannot Disable Touchpad

Cannot Disable Touchpad: I have an ASUS G75 notebook. I cannot find a way to disable the touchpad since upgrading to Win 10. I've googled and cannot find a solution anywhere. I've tried deleting the driver, Windows just re-installs it. I've tried disabling the software at startup thru Taskmanager,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable touchpad lenovo windows 10

2. i cannot disable touchpad windows 10

3. cannot disable touchpad windows 10