Windows 10: Cannot display Desktop on smart TV

Discus and support Cannot display Desktop on smart TV in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been trying for a long time to get my Windows 10 Desktop displayed on my smart TV, which has a setting for receiving wireless signals. EDGE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by clayto, Mar 11, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

Cannot display Desktop on smart TV

I have been trying for a long time to get my Windows 10 Desktop displayed on my smart TV, which has a setting for receiving wireless signals. EDGE (Chromium) reporting 'source not supported' is only one of several troubling notifications. A likely issue is that I am not now able to switch Wireless on, since I started using an Ethernet cable --- even when the cable is removed. In the past either Ethernet or Wireless connected automatically when the other was removed, or failed. Probably this is behind the 'no devices' found notification , when I re-connect the cable in order to access this Forum. Wireless is shown as not connected and the re-connection options offered are in 'X' hours time (what use is that?), plus 'Manual' which does not respond when clicked. 'Show available networks' shows the Hub as connected via the cable but not via WiFi when the cable is disconnected.

There are other issues, involving Chromecast and AnyCast but clearly I must get Wireless back again first. I keep reading that Windows 10 can now display on other devices, without the dongles but even with them I am not able to get other than Chromecast working.

:)

clayto, Mar 11, 2020

2. Mirror laptop screen to smart TV

HI Britni, please inform me what are the makes and models of your laptop and the Smart TV.

I suggest that you try the following steps:

Connect your PC and TV in same network

Tap Start - Settings

Open Devices. On the left-side menu, select Connected devices

Tap Add a device

Tap on your TV follow the configuration

However sometimes it is enough to right click on the desktop and go to Display settings.

Martin Jenkinss, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Connect a desktop pc to a Samsung smart tv

I'm trying to connect a older Desktop pc with Window 10 to my Samsung f8000 smart tv via wifi or LAN. My desktop pc is ethernet cabled to the Sky home hub and the smart tv ethernet cabled to the hub as well. My smart tv appears in the connected devices
    list but it doesn't seem to connecting, is it because I need a wireless dongle??

Jonny Strange, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot display Desktop on smart TV - Similar Threads - Cannot display Desktop

2. Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart TV: The teacher is using a laptop and SMART TV. She can see her screen on the TV and the icons she requires in the taskbar but when she clicks on them they do not open on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-tv/022df5a5-d0f2-4995-8398-f4542a313951
  3. Smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart TV: The teacher is using a laptop and SMART TV. She can see her screen on the TV and the icons she requires in the taskbar but when she clicks on them they do not open on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-tv/022df5a5-d0f2-4995-8398-f4542a313951
  4. Smart TV

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV: ** FYI none of the topics fit what my question is actually about, so I picked "Connect Phone to PC" even though that isn't my problem.**I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and other than the action center being dispersed into other areas, I haven't had any issues... until...
  6. Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV: ** FYI none of the topics fit what my question is actually about, so I picked "Connect Phone to PC" even though that isn't my problem.**I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and other than the action center being dispersed into other areas, I haven't had any issues... until...
  7. smart tv

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart tv: Hi I am a bit worried! I saw this by accident when looking around. I live in a 1 up 1 down flat. Because downstairs did not use the internet much and did not have internet, I let him use mine when he needed to. Which I didnt mind, hes over 50 and not a gamer etc on...
  8. wirelss connection to smart tv display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wirelss connection to smart tv display: Hello there, I use microsoft surface go device and it uses OS windows 10. My problem is after several successful connection with my smart TV for wireless display, windows doesn't recognize my tv for wirelss connection. It can't be a problem with the tv because i can share my...
  9. Display a desktop PC on a smart TV via HDMI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display a desktop PC on a smart TV via HDMI: Hi! I was wondering if someone could help me with the following issue: When my PC is plugged into my smart TV via HDMI, the TV does not display the PC. However, if before turning on the PC, I plug the PC into a monitor via Displayport, and keep the HDMI between the PC and...
  10. Cannot connect to my smart Tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect to my smart Tv: After update windows 10, i tried to connect to my Hisense smart TV using anyview cast, but the laptop cannot find the TV itself. Before updating there was no problem connecting to the TV...