Windows 10: Cannot display this video mode - only with windows 8.1 and windows 10

Discus and support Cannot display this video mode - only with windows 8.1 and windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi community, I have encountered very strange problem. While trying to install new windows 8.1 or windows 10 after a couple of seconds I see"Cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alexissoft, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Cannot display this video mode - only with windows 8.1 and windows 10

Hi community,

I have encountered very strange problem.

While trying to install new windows 8.1 or windows 10 after a couple of seconds I see"Cannot display this video mode,

Optimum Resolution 1280x1024 60hz"
    This is very strange behavior. Never seen before working in support in this field
    Live Hirens boot CD based on windows 10 works just fine. No problem with resolution.

I also tried different setings in BIOS regarding video settings - no effect. Reset to default settings - no effect.

I have tried to install different iso windows 8.1 and windows 10 and no chance, the same problem "Cannot display this video mode"

I have tried another LCD monitor - still get Cannot display this video mode" message.

The video card is integrated on motherboard. I have an idea to install another external video card, but I don't have it.

Is a miracle how someone installed windows 8.1 on this PC. Yes, on this PC is installed 8.1 and after boot repair attempt it get "cannot display video mode". But even with another iso images of 8.1 and 10 the same problem while installing. I even unplugged the internal HDD to test if the installer will go forward to show missing drive, but "Cannot display this video mode" after few seconds and I don't see what is on the screen. Forget about the old system and advise to get into safe mode or reinstall video driver. This cannot be done while installing new system. Keep in mind, installing windows 7 works, no problem with video mode, but is not supported anymore by microsoft.

Anyone can give me another idea where to dig?

:)

Alexissoft, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 9, 2020
  3. pr0fessor Win User
    Move from Windows 8.1 to 8

Thanks guys for the fast replies. Did you use any compatibility mode while installing or whenever? This could be the next step to do for me.

pr0fessor, Aug 9, 2020
  4. FX-GMC Win User

Cannot display this video mode - only with windows 8.1 and windows 10

Move from Windows 8.1 to 8

I've used this before and it does work.

Also, if it doesn't work correctly in 8.1 it will more than likely be broken in Windows 8 as well.
    It's possible that the driver is conflicting with something else you have installed.

FX-GMC, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Cannot display this video mode - only with windows 8.1 and windows 10

1. Cannot display this video mode - only with windows 8.1 and windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot display video

2. Analog input cannot display in this video mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Analog input cannot display in this video mode: This error keeps coming when i start my pc it doesnt even let me go to windows load screen it happens before and i cant start pc Like there is a window screen that appears before pc starts thats also not coming as i start my pc it comes right after it and analog input error...
  3. Analog input cannot display in this video mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Analog input cannot display in this video mode: This error keeps coming when i start my pc it doesnt even let me go to windows load screen it happens before and i cant start pc Like there is a window screen that appears before pc starts thats also not coming as i start my pc it comes right after it and analog input error...
  4. Analog input cannot display in this video mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot display this video mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot display this video mode: I have an acer AN515 on windows 11my new $2 monitor isn't working, it says Cannot Display This Video Mode. I cant find out how to fix this, and i think i need some help. if it helps, it is a Dell E153FPf monitorAlso, i got this from ReStore and they have volunteers that come...
  6. Cannot display this video mode

Cannot display this video mode: I have an acer AN515 on windows 11my new $2 monitor isn't working, it says Cannot Display This Video Mode. I cant find out how to fix this, and i think i need some help. if it helps, it is a Dell E153FPf monitorAlso, i got this from ReStore and they have volunteers that come...
  7. Cannot Display This Video Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Display This Video Mode: I have run into this issue with a Dell OptiPlex 790. Overlaid on the screen is a black box that says "Cannot Display This Video Mode" in large white letters and "Optimum Resolution 1280X1024 60Hz" in smaller yellow letters. We have tried changing the screen resolution, but...
  8. Cannot Display This Video Mode

Cannot Display This Video Mode: I have run into this issue with a Dell OptiPlex 790. Overlaid on the screen is a black box that says "Cannot Display This Video Mode" in large white letters and "Optimum Resolution 1280X1024 60Hz" in smaller yellow letters. We have tried changing the screen resolution, but...
  9. Cannot Display This Video Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. "Display only on 1" in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    "Display only on 1" in Registry: Hello ! By default Windows 10 display is set to "Duplicate display" but I would like it's set to "Display only on 1" at startup. Does anyone know the key corresponding in Registry? 172681