Windows 10: Cannot display web pages but torrents downloading at optimal speed

Discus and support Cannot display web pages but torrents downloading at optimal speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been experiencing an issue regarding opening up any web pages whatsoever for almost a week now. I have tried everything I can possibly think of,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chadkb, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Chadkb Win User

Cannot display web pages but torrents downloading at optimal speed

I've been experiencing an issue regarding opening up any web pages whatsoever for almost a week now. I have tried everything I can possibly think of, contacted my ISP, reset my router, updated the router firmware, tested my connection with a different router, run cmd to flush dns, reset log, you name it. Every device I connect via WiFi doesn't work either but the strangest of all is that my torrents downloads at its optimal download speed. I cannot understand what the problem is. I did however test my router on a friend's adsl line and it gave the same problem whereas he's router wasn't giving any problems. I then decided that my router was at fault but then I did a test with a spare router to find the same problem - shows that there is a Internet connection, I am able to connect any device via WiFi and make use of my social networks but as far as browsing the web is concerned, whether it be on my desktop, laptop, phone, I just am not able to do that. My Antivirus is unable to update, my windows isn't updating, nothing works except for being able to use Facebook and twitter and whatsapp. Please help me figure this out, is it a router problem because I was concerned that 2 different routers could have the ecat same problem.

:)

Chadkb, Nov 8, 2015

2. One pop up I always get with Edge, even though I made sure pop up blocker is turned on.

It deals with Microsoft itself. I'm not sure if it is a regular pop up; or an alert signifying whether or not I want to do the specified action presented. When I bring up a torrent page on the net, a window appears at the bottom, in the middle of my view
    screen. On the left of the window it states "Only secured content is displayed." On the right of the window is a button with a label that reads "Show all content." Right next to it is an X to clear the window. Every time I change windows in the torrent
    web site, it appears again. Does it specifically deal with torrents? Any other web page, the window doesn't appear. Now when I'm using the Internet Explorer and go into a torrent page, the window appear; but it disappears within 10 seconds. Would someone
    please explain what exactly "secured content" is, the difference between Internet Explorer and Edge relating to my problem and how to get rid of that particular window in Edge.

Thank you,

L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

David J. Spinelli, Nov 8, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Zip File

BitTorrent is an application that will download large files from the WEB, if the file is available as a torrent then this is the way to go.

Basically the large file is broken up into small packets and BitTorrent will download the small packets from many different PC's around the world and merge the packets into the large file when it is finished - this is known as P2P sharing. Windows 10 Update
    uses this technology in the background.

The main thing to check is where is the file available as a torrent, did the Software Provider give you a link to the torrent file, if so, download uTorrent and download the file . . .

One Important thing to note about torrenting, a port (memory address) is open to the Web while you are torrenting!

DaveM121, Nov 8, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Check the DNS setting on your router. If auto doesn't work, set it manually to the DNS server of your ISP (for example OTENET in Greece has 195.170.1.1).

spapakons, Nov 9, 2015
  5. Try using OpenDNS address

Did this fix it for you or did you found a way to fix your issue?

MasterTechMan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot display web pages but torrents downloading at optimal speed - Similar Threads - Cannot display web

2. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    torrent client and downloading: i have tried to install 3 different torrent clients and none of them will download any torrents once i add the torrent there is no longer any contact with the internet but it does not start to download and thats all that happens, also when i try to install vuze torrent the...
  3. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    torrent client and downloading: i have tried to install 3 different torrent clients and none of them will download any torrents once i add the torrent there is no longer any contact with the internet but it does not start to download and thats all that happens, also when i try to install vuze torrent the...
  4. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I cannot download any pdf file from the WEB or print as pdf a web page

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot download any pdf file from the WEB or print as pdf a web page: After the Windows 10 update, KB4023057, I cannot download any pdf file from the web or to use Microsoft Print to pdf to save a web page as a pdf. It displays working on it, but cannot save it. When I cancel the job it displays the attached message.Please suggest a mean to...
  6. Cannot download file in Firefox on some web pages, Chrome fine

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot download file in Firefox on some web pages, Chrome fine: When I click the below link in Chrome it downloads the file or asks me where I want to save it, BUT in Firefox it just refreshes the page... This occurs on 2 machines I have, HP Win 8.1 and new Lenovo Win 10 Home edition with all updates. So Chrome will download like normal,...
  7. Problems with downloaded web page

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with downloaded web page: Hello, When I downloaded it with firefox, all images but one were missing. Chromium Edge was better, but still missing a few images. Help? 159017
  8. Browser displaying web pages weirdly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browser displaying web pages weirdly.: At first the pages load properly and after some app switching the the web page becomes unreadable. Wasn't getting this problem before this. I recently did a reset on Windows 10 and problem persists since then.[IMG]...
  9. PAGE FAULT BSOD when torrenting?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PAGE FAULT BSOD when torrenting?: Hi, I'm getting recently many "page fault in nonpaged area" BSOD and I think it happens only when I'm using torrent downloads. I saw some related posts with similar issues, but they all about DELL laptops, and I own Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro with windows 10 home edition that came...
  10. Windows 10 slowing down torrents/downloads - internet speed fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 slowing down torrents/downloads - internet speed fine: Ever since I've upgraded to Windows 10 I've noticed one weird artifact - torrents are much slower and they take much longer to pick up speed. Now, why would that be? Well, the only observation I could make is that on Windows 10 it takes so much longer for PC to connect to...