Windows 10: Cannot do a complete restart of Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot do a complete restart of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know why it is happening but when I shut down my computer (Windows 10 Pro) and restart it and I log in, it says "Resuming" instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BCI1999, Nov 24, 2017.

1. BCI1999 Win User

Cannot do a complete restart of Windows 10

I don't know why it is happening but when I shut down my computer (Windows 10 Pro) and restart it and I log in, it says "Resuming" instead of "Welcome". So for example, when I open chrome, all my chrome tabs are still open, why is this happening? Why can't I do a complete/full restart?
    Could someone explain this,
    And sorry for my novice Englisch.

:)

BCI1999, Nov 24, 2017
  2. lashtx Win User

I cannot do a complete reset of Windows because I do not have enough space???

While that is a handy fix it does not address the larger picture that you cannot have windows 10 running on a computer with 16GB of hard drive space and expect to actually use the computer. There must be something that Microsoft has devised to diagnose
    and address this issue. I know I am not the first to have this issue nor will I be the last. Makes me want to buy a Mac,...I don't have this issue on my iPad. Very sad indeed.

lashtx, Nov 24, 2017
  3. I cannot do a complete reset of Windows because I do not have enough space???

Hi Leah,

We appreciate you sharing with us those information.

At this point, you may visit your PC manufacturer to get some instructions in removing unnecessary files on your PC that you might be thinking twice if it's important or not.

You may share with us how you will get to resolve this issue to be able to help others who will have the same concern in the future.

We're just a post away should you have further queries.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Nov 24, 2017
  4. BCI1999 Win User
    BCI1999, Nov 24, 2017
  5. You can create shortcuts to restart/shutdown. They work, as far as I can tell.
    Code: shutdown /r /f /t 0 shutdown /s /f /t 0[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Nov 25, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cannot do a complete restart of Windows 10

1. Cannot do a complete restart of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot complete restart

2. Cannot complete Windows 10 Refresh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot complete Windows 10 Refresh: I selected the option to REFRESH my PC. After a long delay it displayed 'Preparing Windows --- installation cannot proceed due to an error --- press OK to restart install'. This is repeated endlessly every time OK is selected. Nothing else appears in the display, there is no...
  3. Cannot complete Windows 10 Refresh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot complete Windows 10 Refresh: I selected the option to REFRESH my PC. After a long delay it displayed 'Preparing Windows --- installation cannot proceed due to an error --- press OK to restart install'. This is repeated endlessly every time OK is selected. Nothing else appears in the display, there is no...
  4. Cannot complete Windows 10 Refresh

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot restart Windows 10

Cannot restart Windows 10: Hi everyone, please help! I launched my Windows 10 PC this afternoon to find I get thrown into the Automatic repair loop. I attempt what must be all solutions available online to fix this issue, however I get nowhere. I then attempt to reinstall windows 10 from a USB drive,...
  6. Windows 10 complete restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 complete restart: All I did was shut down my laptop and now it completely reset EVERYTHING idk what to do. PLease help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-complete-restart/945a4d86-3881-4490-8b39-c6d790ce9a01
  7. Windows 10 complete restart

Windows 10 complete restart: All I did was shut down my laptop and now it completely reset EVERYTHING idk what to do. PLease help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-complete-restart/945a4d86-3881-4490-8b39-c6d790ce9a01
  8. Windows 10 complete restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. What to do if Restart never completes?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What to do if Restart never completes?: Upon turning on my computer I found that "Start" didn't respond. While I could open a browser, tapping on Start didn't work nor did tapping on several other screen icons. I right clicked on Start and chose Restart. While that seemed to work, it's been almost 30 minutes and...
  10. Cannot complete reinstallation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot complete reinstallation of Windows 10: I did a free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8 in 2016. Now, I wanted to do a clean reinstall since my laptop was running very slow. After the installation, it asks for product key and even if I select "do this later", I cannot skip it. During the previous install of...