Windows 10: Cannot do anything as an administrator, despite being an administrator!

Discus and support Cannot do anything as an administrator, despite being an administrator! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to make some changes on my laptop that require me to be an Administrator, which I am on both my Microsoft and Local Account. Despite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BlackBlue_Frog, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Cannot do anything as an administrator, despite being an administrator!

I am trying to make some changes on my laptop that require me to be an Administrator, which I am on both my Microsoft and Local Account. Despite trying both of these options, neither of them is allowing me to action the changes and still advising I require administrator access - I'm the only user on the device! I've been waiting on a '3 minute callback' from Microsoft for almost 2-hours, so if anyone out there can assist I'd really appreciate it. From what I've read online, it's an ongoing issue and sadly none of the 'fixes' I've found to date have helped. I'm running a Surface Pro 2 with Windows 10.

:)

BlackBlue_Frog, Feb 8, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Network Administrator

General info --> Network administrator

You may be better off looking at the job descriptions for some of the businesses you wish to do the job for; as, some companies have varying duties and requirements.

This is a sample at Monster.com:
    Spoiler
    This is another sample from America's Job Exchange:

Spoiler

95Viper, Feb 8, 2021
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    GAME Files for Administration

in other words going into administration in the UK = chapter 11 bankruptsy in the U.S.

yogurt_21, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Cannot do anything as an administrator, despite being an administrator!

GAME Files for Administration

As a legal concept, administration is a procedure under the insolvency laws of a number of common law jurisdictions. It functions as a rescue mechanism for insolvent entities and allows them to carry on running their business. The process – an alternative to liquidation – is often known as going into administration. A company in administration is operated by the administrator (as interim chief executive) on behalf of the creditors as a going concern while options are sought short of liquidation. These options include recapitalising the business, selling the business to new owners, or demerging it into elements that can be sold and closing the remainder.

FreedomEclipse, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Cannot do anything as an administrator, despite being an administrator!

1. Cannot do anything as an administrator, despite being an administrator! - Similar Threads - Cannot anything administrator

2. Can't use administrator privileges windows 11 despite me being the administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use administrator privileges windows 11 despite me being the administrator: I am the only user on my PC, there is no standard user, In short I am the administrator.for some reason my Windows Update service is disabled,I try to enable it by selecting startup type as Automatic, Manual however to my amusement I am getting access denied message.PS...
  3. Can't use administrator privileges windows 11 despite me being the administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use administrator privileges windows 11 despite me being the administrator: I am the only user on my PC, there is no standard user, In short I am the administrator.for some reason my Windows Update service is disabled,I try to enable it by selecting startup type as Automatic, Manual however to my amusement I am getting access denied message.PS...
  4. Cannot run anything as administrator no access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot run anything as administrator no access: Hello, here is what I am trying to do. I want to give a family member one of my three desktop PCs. I am the only one that has an account on it both a MS account and a local account. I has basically nothing but win 10 on it. Very little used. I cannot access or run anything in...
  5. Cannot run anything as administrator no access

Cannot run anything as administrator no access: Hello, here is what I am trying to do. I want to give a family member one of my three desktop PCs. I am the only one that has an account on it both a MS account and a local account. I has basically nothing but win 10 on it. Very little used. I cannot access or run anything in...
  6. Being denied Admin priveleges despite being logged in as the Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Being denied Admin priveleges despite being logged in as the Administrator: When I try to shut down my laptop Windows 7 using Alt+F4, it says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." And all this despite I'm logged in with the admin account & it's the one & only user...
  7. Being denied Admin priveleges despite being logged in as the Administrator

Being denied Admin priveleges despite being logged in as the Administrator: When I try to shut down my laptop Windows 7 using Alt+F4, it says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." And all this despite I'm logged in with the admin account & it's the one & only user...
  8. Unable to do anything as administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to do anything as administrator: Hello, I have been playing Genshin Impact which required admin permissions to run and worked fine for about a month. One time when I shut down my laptop and tried to play it again, it would show this error. [ATTACH] I tried multiple restarts and have done all...
  9. administrator not doing anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    administrator not doing anything: hi i wanted to run a setup to install a game but when i run it i have to do the administrator think and after that it does nothing but i already installed it earlier but deleted it and then i worked so how do i fix this i am using windows 10 see the video how it looks...
  10. I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.: The other day I had to make some changes to the hosts file under /System32/Drivers. That's when Windows told me I don't have the privileges. Under the security tab, the only permissions I have are: Read List Folder Contents Read and Execute Funny enough, these are...