Windows 10: Cannot downgrade from Windows 10 Education edition to Home edition

Discus and support Cannot downgrade from Windows 10 Education edition to Home edition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've just bought a new laptop which is already installed Windows 10 Home edition. Then I upgrade to Education edition via product key, But I found It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Teerawee Sukanchanon, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Cannot downgrade from Windows 10 Education edition to Home edition

I've just bought a new laptop which is already installed Windows 10 Home edition.

Then I upgrade to Education edition via product key, But I found It is not good: I cannot search for any apps in Microsoft Store Only apps that provided by university are found,and I have to only log in with my school account

So I was finding ways to change back to Home edition. But nothing worked.

1. I find an OA3xOriginalProductKey which I guessed is the product key that originally used from the manufacturer and I tried to use this product key to activate windows but got an error.

2. I factory reset the laptop, but when it started up, it asked me to use only work or school account.

How can I get the Windows 10 Home edition back.

Anyone please help me. I'm crying

Note: Moved from Microsoft Thai support / Microsoft SEA

:)

Teerawee Sukanchanon, Jan 5, 2021

2. Change from Windows 10 Education edition to Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Education is an academic edition of Windows 10 used in schools. Features like Cortana are removed because of the environment it is used in.

Windows 10 Pro Education builds on the commercial version of Windows 10 Pro and provides important management controls needed in schools. Windows 10 Pro Education is effectively a variant of Windows 10 Pro that provides education-specific default settings,
    including the removal of Cortana1. These default settings disable tips, tricks and suggestions & Windows Store suggestions.

Windows 10 editions for education customers

If you want to downgrade to the Windows 10 Pro edition, you will need to perform a clean install and you will need a unique product key to install it. The Windows 10 Pro Edu or Windows 10 Education key will not activate Windows 10 Pro.

If you don't have a license for Windows 10 Pro, you will either need to request it from the institution you got Windows 10 Education; or you will have to purchase a license for Pro, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Pro Education Edition ISO?

Yeah, I'm well aware of that. No Product codes were listed for Pro Education last time I looked though. Or I'd be running it for a look see.

alphanumeric, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Cannot downgrade from Windows 10 Education edition to Home edition

Minecraft: Education Edition will launch November 1

Source: Minecraft: Education Edition will launch November 1 | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Cannot downgrade from Windows 10 Education edition to Home edition

1. Cannot downgrade from Windows 10 Education edition to Home edition - Similar Threads - Cannot downgrade Education

2. Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.: Hi,For reference: I am using Windows 11 home edition on ROG Zephyrus G14 and I am in Canada. I got my keys using my student account on Azure portalI am trying to upgrade the Windows on my laptop from the OEM home edition to the Education edition. I have two keys: one key for...
  3. Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.: Hi,For reference: I am using Windows 11 home edition on ROG Zephyrus G14 and I am in Canada. I got my keys using my student account on Azure portalI am trying to upgrade the Windows on my laptop from the OEM home edition to the Education edition. I have two keys: one key for...
  4. Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?: I have a VM running an evaluation copy of Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. I don't really need all of that functionality and would like to downgrade to Home Edition, but I wouldn't want to reinstall everything from scratch. Is it possible to simply enter a Home edition license...
  5. Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?: I have a VM running an evaluation copy of Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. I don't really need all of that functionality and would like to downgrade to Home Edition, but I wouldn't want to reinstall everything from scratch. Is it possible to simply enter a Home edition license...
  6. Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition: I some how accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro instead of home edition that I have key/license for. I have tried doing the Registry edits in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion and the other path as well but when I run the...
  8. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to HOME Edition.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to HOME Edition.: I have a Dell Xps 8900 I purchased several years ago that came with Windows 7 Pro. I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro, but I want Windows 10 HOME Edition. Can this be done, and if so, how???...
  9. Cannot downgrade from Windows 10 Education edition to Home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot downgrade from Windows 10 Education edition to Home edition: I've just bought a new laptop which is already installed Windows 10 Home edition. Then I upgrade to Education edition via product key, But I found It is not good: I cannot search for any apps in Microsoft Store Only apps that provided by university are found,and I have to...
  10. Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...: I recently just finished building my dream pc & managed to get Windows 10 on it without any actual "issues". The only thing I didn't realize until later on was that I originally intended to get Windows 10Home edition & instead I have the Windows 10 Pro edition which I don't...