Windows 10: Cannot Download a certain file

Discus and support Cannot Download a certain file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to download an iso file that was 6.2 GB on a 2TB HDD. The download resulted as a fail and it reported as "Disk Full" as the error, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaZeNuk3r, Jun 8, 2019.

1. DaZeNuk3r Win User

Cannot Download a certain file

I was trying to download an iso file that was 6.2 GB on a 2TB HDD. The download resulted as a fail and it reported as "Disk Full" as the error, even though there was nothing on the drive. PLEASE HELP

:)

DaZeNuk3r, Jun 8, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Unable to download certain applications

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply.

This issue may also happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly
    follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 8, 2019
  4. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot Download a certain file - Similar Threads - Cannot Download certain

2. I cannot open certain files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot open certain files: I get these messages when I try to open files: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-certain-files/3850bac9-1894-43ea-bfb8-52cee0f4d291
  3. I cannot open certain files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot open certain files: I get these messages when I try to open files: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-certain-files/3850bac9-1894-43ea-bfb8-52cee0f4d291
  4. Cannot download certain app in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download certain app in Microsoft Store: Hello. I had no problem downloading apps from Microsoft store until recently; I've been unable to download a free app named "bluetooth audio receiver", and ONLY this app. Just to double check, I have installed a few apps Microsoft sudoku, bluetooth data receiver, send to...
  5. Cannot download files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot download files: windows 10 pro. every thing was working fine until it wasn't - new install, few days old. I stopped being able to download large files from a browser. was using Firefox, but the problem also persists with Edge. Files bigger thaan a couple of MB fail. Edge gives no...
  6. unable to download certain word files

unable to download certain word files: Hi, Just got a new laptop. I'm getting this message when I try to open Word docs that are attached to my work e-mail: [ATTACH] Unable to access these irrespective of which e-mail I try to open them from. How do I change file permissions?...
  7. Cannot download files.

Cannot download files.: I installed this application by the name of " MalwareByte " and it removed my files that I use. When I try to re-install them and try to open them, it says "removed" Anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Cannot access certain fo0lder/files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access certain fo0lder/files: Prior to upgrading to Windows 10, I was able to access all files/folders via Windows/File Explorer. After the upgrade, I can access the files under "This PC". But when creating and saving a new document, downloading a file from email or trying to attach a file to an email,....
  9. Cannot install or download certain programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot install or download certain programs: New system I built. Everthing works fine until I switch users to my other account. I cannot download Firefox; absolutely nothing happens. Further, Google did install but running it, even as Admin, does absolutely nothing. Don't understand what could be going on. Thanks....
  10. Unable to download a certain file.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to download a certain file.: Hello, I've recently been trying to download this file. <potentially hazardous file removed by VM> It is an exploit for an online game I play. Sadly it keeps getting blocked/denied due to the reason of having a potential virus. I've already scanned it and it's a false...