Windows 10: Cannot download and install free games/apps or buy games/apps in the Microsoft store

Discus and support Cannot download and install free games/apps or buy games/apps in the Microsoft store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Ever since my Xbox One was stolen, my account linked to that Xbox One has been unable to download & install free games/apps or even buy them from the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by KennethBicknell, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Cannot download and install free games/apps or buy games/apps in the Microsoft store

Ever since my Xbox One was stolen, my account linked to that Xbox One has been unable to download & install free games/apps or even buy them from the Microsoft store. Every time I try to check out, the order will not process and it keeps reloading the page asking for my payment option. However, when I use a different account that was on that Xbox One, it works just fine. Is anyone else having this kind of issue?

:)

KennethBicknell, Feb 14, 2021

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Feb 14, 2021
  3. how can install app store game

Hi Kannan,

Installing any apps on Windows 10 device can be done through Windows Store. To properly assist you with your concern, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to install a game or an app from the Windows Store app?
    • Are you using a Windows 10-based device?

To install games on Windows 10 device, we recommend that you follow the steps provided on the link below:

Where to download game from Windows 10

Wilfred Mac, Feb 14, 2021
  4. AaronBe Win User

Cannot download and install free games/apps or buy games/apps in the Microsoft store

Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store

Hi there,

I am trying to download No Man's Sky onto my computer via both the microsoft and xbox gaming app. I am able to download other games (Sea of Theives, Moonlighter) with no issue, but others (such as no mans sky) either do nothing (when trying in microsoft
    app) or Error code 0x00000001 (Xbox store).

Steps I have done to troubleshoot:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled both stores

2. Reparied and reset both apps from apps settings

3. Uninstalled Xbox app and tried to download from microsoft store

4. Went into services and ensured all xbox services are running

- I have 2 instances of Gaming services. One is running and the other gives error code 31 when trying to start it

5. I have reset gaming services and the app downloader from settings

6. I have restarted my pc many times

7. I have fully updated windows

8. I have peformed a repair install of windows

Nothing works. All other forms and questions I have seen only seem to generate the generic responses of

1. Restart your PC

2. Reset the app

3. Update windows

4. Repair install

I have followed all of these steps and still cannot properly access services. Can you please suggest any other approaches to fixing this error?

Many thanks,

Aaron

AaronBe, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Cannot download and install free games/apps or buy games/apps in the Microsoft store

1. Cannot download and install free games/apps or buy games/apps in the Microsoft store - Similar Threads - Cannot download install

2. Cannot download apps or games using microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download apps or games using microsoft store.: I tried to download the xbox app on pc, but when i press the download button, it does nothing. When i try to press the button in my library, it just disappears. I don't know what to do....
  3. Game app in Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game app in Microsoft store: Unable to run an app I purchased long ago. I uninstalled and then reinstalled. Still nothing. Help. Game is Solitaire HD and the store says I own it, but now I can't even reinstall. I tried Microsoft Store Support, but that was just a rabbit hole with no help at all. Thank...
  4. Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store: Hi there, I am trying to download No Man's Sky onto my computer via both the microsoft and xbox gaming app. I am able to download other games Sea of Theives, Moonlighter with no issue, but others such as no mans sky either do nothing when trying in microsoft app or Error...
  5. Can't download apps/games from microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download apps/games from microsoft store: Hello! I bought Forza Horizon 4 from Microsoft Store, but when i try downloading it, it won't download. I click the download button and all it does is get greyed out: I've tried signing in and out, troubleshooting, reseting the computer multiple times, WSreset.exe and all...
  6. install apps & game Microsoft store , windows 10 app

install apps & game Microsoft store , windows 10 app: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** , +989172149531 , 5544221251 , Pasha5544 install app Microsoft store & windows10 app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-apps-game-microsoft-store-windows-10-app/02bd6437-7b8b-4706-882d-6a0ca6552a0f
  7. microsoft store game app

microsoft store game app: Gardenscapes-new acres game app has frozen and crashed. It did this in august and no solution given has worked. I've reset and uninstalled repeatedly and still nothing, updates to my computer haven't changed anything. I guess I should call the app dead and walk away. but, I...
  8. free games and apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free games and apps: I am new to playing games and only choose the "Free" ones to play but when I am playing the "Free" games they have popups that ask me to "Buy" items to continue playing the "Free" games. Is there a way to get rid of this option? I am recovering from cancer surgery and just...
  9. downloading and installing game apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    downloading and installing game apps: I tried installing a game, I get a notification saying that no devices and I have 2 devices registered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-and-installing-game-apps/98a09928-61b2-49e5-af30-160f346b7f66"
  10. Microsoft Store Not downloading Games but updating apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Not downloading Games but updating apps: I bought GW4 the other day and have been trying to install it though it use to give me an error 0x80072ee2 after saying starting download for twenty minutes. I have tried gooling how to fix the issue and such though to no avail. i have tried windows app troubleshooter,...