Windows 10: cannot download and open doc from email

Discus and support cannot download and open doc from email in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; cannot download and open doc from email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mezur, Aug 4, 2019.

1. mezur Win User

cannot download and open doc from email

:)

mezur, Aug 4, 2019
  2. mezur Win User

mezur, Sep 29, 2019
  3. .doc attachment email to open?

my concern is , can we open/view email attachment file which came in .doc (word document) format ,thanks

akrama---01, Sep 29, 2019
  4. cannot download and open doc from email

Incopatability with Google Docs

Hi Ba,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that Google Docs print option not working as expected.

Try with a different browser and check if it works.

It could be a browser or browser's settings issue.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. cannot download and open doc from email - Similar Threads - cannot download open

2. Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file: Hi, After a recent update I am unable to open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf files and receive the following message: Windows cannot find file name. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. I have done a clean boot, SFC scan and DISM. Restarted a number of times...
  3. Error with opening Word & Excel docs downloaded from email after recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error with opening Word & Excel docs downloaded from email after recent Windows 10 update: Following the recent Windows Update, I now have a problem with opening Word & Excel and possibly other Office documents contained in emails. It makes no difference if I try and open them directly from the email, save them to my hard drive and try to open from Explorer, or...
  4. Open doc and PC loses focus - cursor not blinking in doc - cannot type

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Open doc and PC loses focus - cursor not blinking in doc - cannot type: At work, on my Win 10 Pro 64-bit (version 1903) machine with Office 2016 (I think 32-bit), when I open a Word document, it appears full-screen, but the "focus" of the machine is not in the document. If I start typing, nothing happens. Then I notice the cursor is not blinking...
  5. Can't view or download email attachments except for Microsoft docs

in Browsers and Email
    Can't view or download email attachments except for Microsoft docs: I am no longer able to view or downloads any attachments I receive on my Hotmail account with the exception of attachments that are Microsoft Office files. Can't view or download any PDF, WordPerfect Office files, or images: .jpg and png. This problem started last week. I...
  6. Cannot download a video from an .mp4 link in an email

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download a video from an .mp4 link in an email: Get message saying Look for an app in the Microsoft Store. When I try to do that it says Results for ttps. No results found for this filtering. I have downloaded loads of these videos in the past with no trouble. Can anyone advise please. Thank you....
  7. Cannot open email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open email: I need to open an email that's important but I keep getting a box coming up that says 'The requested operation requires elevation'. Can anyone tell me what it means and what I can do to get rid of it so I can see the email as soon as possible?...
  8. how to open this doc as word doc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to open this doc as word doc?: This document was originally opened as a notepad document, so it opens that way always. I would like to change it to a Word document. Is that possible?...
  9. Since upgrading to 10, cannot open word 2003 .doc from email link

in Browsers and Email
    Since upgrading to 10, cannot open word 2003 .doc from email link: I upgraded my laptop before attempting my main PC. On the laptop I have received an email with a simple .doc file attached. When I click on it I get the message there is a problem sending the command to the program This never happened in Windows 8.1. I have tried...
  10. Trouble downloading docs from web

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble downloading docs from web: when I try to download/save (Cntl-S) documents from the web they are downloaded/saved to the appropriate location but are incomplete downloads... paragraphs missing. Any idea why? 91789