Windows 10: Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program

Discus and support Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My relatively new Windows 10 laptop has a recurring issue where it cannot download any files from the internet.It was so frustrating I reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Erinren, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Erinren Win User

Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program

My relatively new Windows 10 laptop has a recurring issue where it cannot download any files from the internet.It was so frustrating I reinstalled Windows entirely. After a month or two the problem came back. In Firefox and Steam, the program will crash instantly when trying to download or install. In Chrome the program just sits there quietly doing nothing, forever. Clearing browser cache seems to work most of the time. But I cleared every cache in Steam and nothing will work.I can still save files from Notepad, so it is specifically files from the internet. I have over 300 GB free on my ha

:)

Erinren, Dec 3, 2021
  2. Moose Win User

Internet Downloads

Thanks all for the useful suggestions, i certainly can understand the idea of refreshing downloads. I wish Firefox had that little button lol. Now i'll try and download Warrock (a great FREE game) with download manager though (annoyingly) firefox is now downloading without buggering up!
    I just did a few spyware scans which though didn't stop the probs it probably did stop all thoses bloody programs from using the internet and slowing it down.

Moose, Dec 3, 2021
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Can not download/run any program from the internet.

After downloading just click the "x" and close the downloader

Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program [​IMG]

Then open file explorer and go to downloads.

I already checked with Malwarebytes for malware and it's clean!

Just follow the steps.

Cliff S, Dec 3, 2021
  4. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program - Similar Threads - Cannot download files

2. Cannot dissociate .ani files from VLC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot dissociate .ani files from VLC: I try to open .ani file. Although .ani is not listed among the files with which VLC is associated, it is firmly associated with VLC in practice and VLC cannot open it. I try to associate it with RealWorld Cursor Editor, but cannot pry it loose from VLC. I suspect that this is...
  3. Cannot dissociate .ani files from VLC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot dissociate .ani files from VLC: I try to open .ani file. Although .ani is not listed among the files with which VLC is associated, it is firmly associated with VLC in practice and VLC cannot open it. I try to associate it with RealWorld Cursor Editor, but cannot pry it loose from VLC. I suspect that this is...
  4. Cannot run any programs from the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot run any programs from the start menu: I want to use the start menu to access my programs. However, whenever I click anything it suddenly closed, when I click icons or even search by typing....
  5. Cannot run any programs from the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run any programs from the start menu: I want to use the start menu to access my programs. However, whenever I click anything it suddenly closed, when I click icons or even search by typing....
  6. Cannot run any programs from the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program: My relatively new Windows 10 laptop has a recurring issue where it cannot download any files from the internet.It was so frustrating I reinstalled Windows entirely. After a month or two the problem came back. In Firefox and Steam, the program will crash instantly when trying...
  8. Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program: My relatively new Windows 10 laptop has a recurring issue where it cannot download any files from the internet.It was so frustrating I reinstalled Windows entirely. After a month or two the problem came back. In Firefox and Steam, the program will crash instantly when trying...
  9. any downloaded files from the web

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    any downloaded files from the web: I cant seem to ever get the media player to pull up and play any of my downloaded files off the internet. Why is this and what shall I do to fix it? Or suggest a media player or app that I can use please....
  10. Can not download/run any program from the internet.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not download/run any program from the internet.: Using windows 10 on a Surface 3. I've tried to download several programs from the internet using chrome and the explorer that comes with windows 10. It will show were it downloads and says it is complete, but it will not open and run the program. It just disappears . I have...