Windows 10: cannot download anything it says scan failed

Discus and support cannot download anything it says scan failed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i cannot download anything ,It says cannot download security scan failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JACKIEMcCOLLUM, Oct 19, 2022.

1. cannot download anything it says scan failed

i cannot download anything ,It says cannot download security scan failed

:)

JACKIEMcCOLLUM, Oct 19, 2022
  2. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Oct 19, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error: Couldn't download - virus scan failed message when trying to download a program

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive an error, 'Couldn't download - virus scan failed message' when trying to download a program. I'll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the program that you are trying to download?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • Are you able to download any other programs?

I would suggest you to try using a different browser like Microsoft Edge and see if that helps.

If you are receiving this error while using Google Chrome, I would suggest you to refer the section
    "Virus scan failed" or "Virus detected" in the article Fix file download errors
    and see if that helps.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer the article How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I would also recommend you to create a system restore point.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 19, 2022
  4. cannot download anything it says scan failed

Downloading files - VIRUS SCAN FAILED

Hi Everyone,

I keep getting the message VIRUS SCAN FAILED when I try and download files from all sites on the internet.

However can download Windows Updates.

Any suggestions would be extremely welcomed.

Thank you in advance,

John

JohnKershaw1, Oct 19, 2022
Thema:

cannot download anything it says scan failed

1. cannot download anything it says scan failed - Similar Threads - cannot download anything

2. I cannot download anything - virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download anything - virus scan failed: I do not know if I deleted something important. But I am now unable to download pdfs, or anti virus software. :'Please help me. I also tried to upload a screenshot using the insert image option here and upload failed too....
  3. I cannot download anything - virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot download anything - virus scan failed: I do not know if I deleted something important. But I am now unable to download pdfs, or anti virus software. :'Please help me. I also tried to upload a screenshot using the insert image option here and upload failed too....
  4. I cannot download anything - virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. cannot download anything, keep getting message virus scan failed!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot download anything, keep getting message virus scan failed!: I have a new HP , I used to be able to download , now when I try to download or ope a PD file or any fle , all I get back is a error message that reads virus scan failed! ?????? I need help ! Thank you...
  6. cannot download anything, keep getting message virus scan failed!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot download anything, keep getting message virus scan failed!: I have a new HP , I used to be able to download , now when I try to download or ope a PD file or any fle , all I get back is a error message that reads virus scan failed! ?????? I need help ! Thank you...
  7. I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed: For month on and off I go through periods of receiving virus scan has failed and it messes with everything including my downloading of file through dropbox. I use the most up to date version of chrome, my computer is updated, virus protection is through windows and is on and...
  8. cannot download anything it says scan failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot download anything it says scan failed: i cannot download anything ,It says cannot download security scan failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-anything-it-says-scan-failed/8977fbd4-2a27-435a-a16e-9268efd22e90
  9. cannot download anything it says scan failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot download anything it says scan failed: i cannot download anything ,It says cannot download security scan failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-anything-it-says-scan-failed/8977fbd4-2a27-435a-a16e-9268efd22e90
  10. Unable to download anything! Failed - Virus Scan failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to download anything! Failed - Virus Scan failed: Hi! I am unable to download anything, no photos, no document. When I try to download I get this message: "Failed - Virus Scan failed".I have no idea what to do. Please help!...