Windows 10: Cannot Download Apps Due to Account Lock - Terms of Service Issue?

Discus and support Cannot Download Apps Due to Account Lock - Terms of Service Issue? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello,This is actually on behalf of my resident's account, not mine, but due to privacy reasons I don't want to risk asking under their account.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by EstiEquinox, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Cannot Download Apps Due to Account Lock - Terms of Service Issue?

Hello,This is actually on behalf of my resident's account, not mine, but due to privacy reasons I don't want to risk asking under their account. Basically this individual has new tech issues near daily. Despite having a password document we have to reset things for them a lot.They recently got a new windows 10 Gateway computer. There are issues when they wish to download a game from the Microsoft store. A popup tells them that the account is locked due to a potential terms of service violation.However, I looked up how to log in and was able to via this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

:)

EstiEquinox, Jan 27, 2022
  2. AO180 Win User

Errors downloading apps concerning Store Terms of Use

• On your computer, go to My Family on the Windows Phone website.

• Sign in using the parent's Microsoft account email address and password. If the parent doesn't have a Windows Phone, that's fine—you can still
      set up My Family. If the parent doesn't have a Microsoft account, you'll have a chance to create one.

• On the My Family setup page, clickGet started. (If you've added a child to My Family before or have set up a family using another Microsoft service, you may not see Get started and can just click Add a kid.)

• To add a child to My Family, click Go. On the sign-in page, enter the Microsoft account email address and password the child uses to sign in to their phone.

• On the My Family home page, next to the child's name, click Fix it and follow the instructions to accept the Windows Phone Store Terms of Use. Now the child can download apps from the Windows Phone Store.

• To add another parent to My Family, click Add a parent on the My Family home page. Parents can jointly manage children's settings, but won't be able to change each other's settings.

• To enable the child to download Xbox games, go to Xbox.com, sign in with the child's account, and follow the instructions to accept the Xbox Terms of Use.

Note

If you've already accepted the Xbox Terms of Use for your child (on your Xbox console, for instance), you won't need to accept it again, and you won't see instructions for doing so on Xbox.com.

To change app download settings for a child
    You can set whether or not a child can download apps and games from the Windows Phone Store and which game ratings you want the child to be able to view and download.

• On your computer, go to windowsphone.com.

• In the drop-down menu underExplore, click My Family.

• Sign in using the Microsoft accountyou use to sign in to your phone.

Note

If you're already signed in to windowsphone.com, you'll see your name, not Explore, at the top of the drop-down menu, and this sign-in step will be skipped.

• On the My Family home page, next to the child's name, click Change settings, and then do any of the following:
      • To allow the child to purchase apps and games, under App+game downloads, select Allow free and paid.
      • To allow the child to download only free apps and games, underApp+game downloads, selectAllow free only. This will also prevent the child from making in-app purchases, even from within free apps.
      • To prevent the child from downloading any apps or games, under App+game downloads, select Don't allow.
      • To set the most mature game rating you want the child to be able to browse or download, turn on the Game rating filter. To go to the Microsoft Family Safety website and change the rating, click Change rating.
      • To allow the child to browse and download unrated games, select the check box next to Allow unrated games. (Some unrated games might have content you'd rather the child not see.)
      Note

When the Game rating filter is turned off, the game rating settings are hidden. Turn it on to reveal them.

AO180, Jan 27, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot Download Apps Due to Account Lock - Terms of Service Issue? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 27, 2022
  4. AO180 Win User

Cannot Download Apps Due to Account Lock - Terms of Service Issue?

Unable to access parent microsoft account meaning i cant accept xbox's terms of service.

• On your computer, go to My Family on the Windows Phone website.

• Sign in using the parent's Microsoft account email address and password. If the parent doesn't have a Windows Phone, that's fine—you can still
      set up My Family. If the parent doesn't have a Microsoft account, you'll have a chance to create one.

• On the My Family setup page, clickGet started. (If you've added a child to My Family before or have set up a family using another Microsoft service, you may not see Get started and
      can just click Add a kid.)

• To add a child to My Family, click Go. On the sign-in page, enter the Microsoft account email address and password the child uses to sign in to their phone.

• On the My Family home page, next to the child's name, click Fix it and follow the instructions to accept the Windows Phone Store Terms of Use. Now the child can download apps from the Windows Phone Store.

• To add another parent to My Family, click Add a parent on the My Family home page. Parents can jointly manage children's settings, but won't be able to change each other's settings.

• To enable the child to download Xbox games, go to Xbox.com, sign in with the child's account, and follow the instructions to accept the Xbox Terms of Use.

Note

If you've already accepted the Xbox Terms of Use for your child (on your Xbox console, for instance), you won't need to accept it again, and you won't see instructions for doing so on Xbox.com.

To change app download settings for a child
    You can set whether or not a child can download apps and games from the Windows Phone Store and which game ratings you want the child to be able to view and download.

• On your computer, go to windowsphone.com.

• In the drop-down menu underExplore, click My Family.

• Sign in using the Microsoft accountyou use to sign in to your phone.

Note

If you're already signed in to windowsphone.com, you'll see your name, not Explore, at the top of the drop-down menu, and this sign-in step will be skipped.

• On the My Family home page, next to the child's name, click Change settings, and then do any of the following:
      • To allow the child to purchase apps and games, under App+game downloads, select Allow free and paid.
      • To allow the child to download only free apps and games, underApp+game downloads, selectAllow free only. This will also prevent the child from making in-app purchases, even
        from within free apps.
      • To prevent the child from downloading any apps or games, under App+game downloads, select Don't allow.
      • To set the most mature game rating you want the child to be able to browse or download, turn on the Game rating filter. To go to the Microsoft Family Safety website and change the rating, click Change
        rating.
      • To allow the child to browse and download unrated games, select the check box next to Allow unrated games. (Some unrated games might have content you'd rather the child not see.)
      Note

When the Game rating filter is turned off, the game rating settings are hidden. Turn it on to reveal them.

AO180, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

Cannot Download Apps Due to Account Lock - Terms of Service Issue?

1. Cannot Download Apps Due to Account Lock - Terms of Service Issue? - Similar Threads - Cannot Download Apps

2. Cannot download apps on childs account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download apps on childs account: My kid got a new laptop, to be on the safe side we set him up with a child email account so we can monitor usage. However when we tried to download Netlfix for him the app store just says that he owns the app but there is no option to download it....
  3. Cannot download apps on childs account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download apps on childs account: My kid got a new laptop, to be on the safe side we set him up with a child email account so we can monitor usage. However when we tried to download Netlfix for him the app store just says that he owns the app but there is no option to download it....
  4. Windows Installer Service will not load. Cannot download apps ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer Service will not load. Cannot download apps ???: When I try to download or upgrade a program a popup says windows Installer Service could not be accessed ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installer-service-will-not-load-cannot/4aa9193f-f3da-4630-9f17-ba91448e2a93
  5. Cannot Download Apps Due to Account Lock - Terms of Service Issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Download Apps Due to Account Lock - Terms of Service Issue?: Hello,This is actually on behalf of my resident's account, not mine, but due to privacy reasons I don't want to risk asking under their account. Basically this individual has new tech issues near daily. Despite having a password document we have to reset things for them a...
  6. Cannot Download Apps Due to Account Lock - Terms of Service Issue?

Cannot Download Apps Due to Account Lock - Terms of Service Issue?: Hello,This is actually on behalf of my resident's account, not mine, but due to privacy reasons I don't want to risk asking under their account. Basically this individual has new tech issues near daily. Despite having a password document we have to reset things for them a...
  7. Software Protection Service cannot start due to a registry issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Software Protection Service cannot start due to a registry issue: I had to do a System Restore recently. Everything went fine except that I was soon greeted by the "Activate Windows" overlay. Tried to activate Windows, error code 0xc0000022. Turns out the System Protection Service won't start due to being denied access to certain files. I...
  8. Software Protection Service cannot start due to a registry issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software Protection Service cannot start due to a registry issue: I had to do a System Restore recently. Everything went fine except that I was soon greeted by the "Activate Windows" overlay. Tried to activate Windows, error code 0xc0000022. Turns out the System Protection Service won't start due to being denied access to certain files. I...
  9. Software Protection Service cannot start due to a registry issue

10. New terms of service change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New terms of service change: I asked this before a while ago and got some info but nothing etched in stone. I know of the new update to the terms of service that go in effect today(august 30th 2019). I logged into my Microsoft account and went to activity section in my account management page and i did...