Windows 10: Cannot download Defender updates.

Discus and support Cannot download Defender updates. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't download Defender updates for the last week? My internet connections are fine.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Android_223, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Cannot download Defender updates.

I can't download Defender updates for the last week? My internet connections are fine.

:)

Android_223, Nov 17, 2019

2. Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Cannot download Defender updates.

Windows Defender unable to download updates

Hello Daniels,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

To be able to assist you better, I would like to know a few more details on the below questions.

1. Is the status of the Windows Defender active?

2. Did you check if there was any recent update already installed for Windows Defender?

Now, refer to the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

A. Check whether the Windows date and Time set to Automatic and synced.

B. Disconnect all the peripheral devices except for the mouse and keyboard.

C. Update all your computer's drivers from manufacturer’s website.

D. Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.
    E. Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8

(Also applies to Windows 10)

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Cannot download Defender updates.

1. Cannot download Defender updates. - Similar Threads - Cannot download Defender

2. Cannot download updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download updates: I have just been on the telephone with John Herald, technical support in the Phillipines. I gave him access to my laptop to help him resolve the problem. We got cut off and John did say he would ring me back if we got cut off, he has my phone number.My case number is...
  3. Cannot download updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download updates: I have just been on the telephone with John Herald, technical support in the Phillipines. I gave him access to my laptop to help him resolve the problem. We got cut off and John did say he would ring me back if we got cut off, he has my phone number.My case number is...
  4. Cannot download updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. cannot update defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot update defender: cannot update defender starts then cuts out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-update-defender/a6de6123-ce28-4f06-a4cb-8ca20b892347
  6. cannot update defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot update defender: cannot update defender starts then cuts out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-update-defender/a6de6123-ce28-4f06-a4cb-8ca20b892347
  7. cannot update definitions in Defender?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot update definitions in Defender?: cannot update Defender definitions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-update-definitions-in-defender/ea442830-2972-460d-9cc8-c22ac27a3489
  8. downloading updates for windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    downloading updates for windows defender: i tried to download updates but it keeps responding,"updates could not be installed" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-protectwindows8_1/downloading-updates-for-windows-defender/a4ac0a4b-a978-4331-9384-b653463711be
  9. downloading updates for windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    downloading updates for windows defender: i tried to download updates, but it keeps responding,"updates could not be installed" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-protectwindows8_1/downloading-updates-for-windows-defender/04b93e05-6f1e-4ac9-a8a0-5a1d07c0cff0
  10. Cannot update Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot update Windows Defender: Windows does not update my defender because it says i have a internet or network connectivity problem,but the internet works as usual.Does anyone have any ideas about this? 28412