Windows 10: Cannot download from Microsoft store - wrong account / email predefined

Discus and support Cannot download from Microsoft store - wrong account / email predefined in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a strange problem. When I wan to download sometng from Microsoft store it wants me to fill in a password although I am correctly logged in. The... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by tobiberlin2, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Cannot download from Microsoft store - wrong account / email predefined

I have a strange problem. When I wan to download sometng from Microsoft store it wants me to fill in a password although I am correctly logged in. The problem is that in the window which opens another email / account is predefined and I cannot change it. It is my old email which was connected to the Microsoft account long time ago. Looking at the accounts under Setting > Accounts there is only my currently used account visible.

How can I tell my OS that it should use the correct account???

:)

tobiberlin2, Feb 5, 2021
  2. Eric F Win User

Windows 10 - "Something went wrong" - Windows Store / account problems

Scenario

So recently I was trying to install something from the Windows 10 store. I clicked the Get button and it asks for me to verify my Microsoft account. I entered my email address in and password for the Microsoft account I had made before. It comes back with an error saying "Oops, something went wrong. Service unavailable" (no error code).

Cannot download from Microsoft store - wrong account / email predefined LMIw4.png

Followed by:

Cannot download from Microsoft store - wrong account / email predefined qUqMx.png

When I try again "later" the same thing appears. This has been going on for about a month so definitely something wrong on my end.

I tried to use another email address, creating a new Microsoft account from that and I get this "Something went wrong, please try again later 0x80190005". I tried to look up this error code but there is not much information out there from google.

Problem

The main problem is not being able to log in to the Microsoft Store. When I goto microsoft.com and log in to my account, it lets me log in without any issues.

What I have tried

• I have tried making a new account as stated under my scenario with a different email address. I have tried going to Internet Options > Advanced > turning on SSL3.0, TLS1.0, TLS1.1, TLS1.2 as suggested on several sites. SSL2.0 does not appear in my list even though suggested to enable but since not in my list, I can not turn it on of course.
    • I have tried deleting the contents of the two folders:
      C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore and C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download as suggested as well. It deletes the contents of Download no problem but states that the files under the DataStore folder are in use.
    • I have verified that Windows Firewall is indeed turned on.
    • My time and date are accurate (some suggested this as well)
    • My account I am logged in as is Admin, has a PIN and password set up on it (some suggested using a PIN to fix this)

So as you can see, I have tried everything I could find out there and I am still unable to download anything from the Microsoft Store. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Also let me know if you need any other information.

Eric F, Feb 5, 2021
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Cannot download from Microsoft store - wrong account / email predefined

Brink, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Cannot download from Microsoft store - wrong account / email predefined

1. Cannot download from Microsoft store - wrong account / email predefined - Similar Threads - Cannot download Microsoft

2. iCloud cannot be downloaded from Microsoft's store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iCloud cannot be downloaded from Microsoft's store.: The iCloud appon my computer was malfunctioning, so I decided to delete and reinstall it.But now I am unable to install my iCloud app because it is stalled downloading......
  3. iCloud cannot be downloaded from Microsoft's store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud cannot be downloaded from Microsoft's store.: The iCloud appon my computer was malfunctioning, so I decided to delete and reinstall it.But now I am unable to install my iCloud app because it is stalled downloading......
  4. Cannot download from the Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download from the Microsoft Store.: Hi, I have just built a new computer. I also purchased Windows 10 on DVD and installed it and my computer is now up and running. After installing Windows I went to updates and installed all the updates. One of the updates was a preview version of Windows 10 20H2 which I...
  5. Cannot download app from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download app from Microsoft Store: I have an Acer Aspire 5560 laptop computer dating from 2011 It is running Windows 10 Home, which was upgraded to version 2004 yesterday. Microsoft says the OS Build: 10.0.1.19041.388. The laptop is reported as follows: RAM: 3GB System Type: OSType64BitX64 Processor: AMD...
  6. Cannot download from Microsoft Store

Cannot download from Microsoft Store: I have received the same error as several others. Since this has been happening since 2015 and it is now 2020 why has this not been fixed? Why is this happening and why has it not been addressed with a permanent fix?...
  7. Cannot download from Microsoft Store

Cannot download from Microsoft Store: Today I could not download from MS. Anyone else have this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-from-microsoft-store/60943525-74fb-4699-8d8e-6d7ca46e9a24"
  8. Cannot download game from Microsoft Store

Cannot download game from Microsoft Store: I'm trying to buy a game from the Microsoft Store but every time I try and download it gives me this error, "Give this code to an adult. You're not quite old enough for this. PUR-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotInFamily aG8bHsNJeESBMfzF.76.1.11.8". I entered my DOB wrong the...
  9. Cannot download Minecraft from Microsoft store

Cannot download Minecraft from Microsoft store: I bought Minecraft for Windows 10 game through the Microsoft store. I go to 'help' and am told this: Windows 10 Go to order history, find Windows 10 , then select Product key/Install. Select Copy to copy the key, then select Install. Select Download tool now, and follow...
  10. Cannot Download Anything From Microsoft Store

Cannot Download Anything From Microsoft Store: Here is a teaser for the experts. I recently purchased an MS Surface Book and cannot download anything from the MS Store. This came about after MS did a Win 10 upgrade from 1607 to 1703. When I click on “Get The App” it opens a splash screen showing the MS Shopping Bag...