Windows 10: Cannot download from MS Store on Win 11/Cannot open store app.

Discus and support Cannot download from MS Store on Win 11/Cannot open store app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can open web pages within the store but the install button does nothing. Open the store app button does nothing. I've tried the Poweshell commands... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JH3OFL, Dec 1, 2023.

1. JH3OFL Win User

Cannot download from MS Store on Win 11/Cannot open store app.

I can open web pages within the store but the install button does nothing. Open the store app button does nothing. I've tried the Poweshell commands with no luck. I get an error that the line is not found.

:)

JH3OFL, Dec 1, 2023
  2. DonT5 Win User

New downloaded apps from MS Store now requires MS Store to open them

Hello everyone. I am running Win 10 Home, Version 22H2, O.S. Build 19045.2846. I noticed this morning that when I downloaded a simple App from MS Store that in order to open the App after downloading it took me to MS Store in order to get it open. I tried this with several other Apps just to test and they did the very same thing at opening the Store in order for me to open the App from the Store's Library Page. I did notice that after I deleted the Apps from my computer that I had downloaded they would appear again in the Stores Library list of installed Apps with a cloud icon and a down arrow in it. I did click on the cloud for one of them and what it did was download it again on my computer which I deleted again. All my other Apps that I have installed before now are working fine. Now before anyone suggests I do the following [please note that I have tried terminating store App processes then repairing the App and resetting it then restarting it but did not work. I tried signing out of the Store App then restarting my computer then signing back in and did not work. I uninstalled the Store app then reinstalled the App and restarted my computer to no avail. I have run out of ideas to try. I still get updates on the Apps I have installed and like I said they work perfectly and do not need the store to open them but any new Apps downloaded from the store now requires the store to open them. I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this behavior or has MS Store made changes. I would greatly appreciate any assistance on this.

Respectfully

DonT5, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Apple Mac App Store passes 100 Million Downloads

Cupertino-based Apple Inc. has just announced that its Mac-friendly app store has managed to surpass 100 million downloads in less than a year. Launched on January 6th (2011), the Mac App Store is accessible to Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Mac OS X Lion users, and offers thousands of free and paid apps covering Education, Games, Graphics & Design, Lifestyle, Productivity, Utilities and other categories. In contrast, the iOS-only App Store has over 500,000 apps and has surpassed 18 billion downloads.

"In just three years the App Store changed how people get mobile apps, and now the Mac App Store is changing the traditional PC software industry," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "With more than 100 million downloads in less than a year, the Mac App Store is the largest and fastest growing PC software store in the world."

For more info about the Mac App Store just see Apple's website.

Cannot download from MS Store on Win 11/Cannot open store app. apple_mac_app_store_lion_01_thm.jpg

Cristian_25H, Dec 1, 2023
  4. Cannot download from MS Store on Win 11/Cannot open store app.

Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Cannot download from MS Store on Win 11/Cannot open store app.

1. Cannot download from MS Store on Win 11/Cannot open store app. - Similar Threads - Cannot download Store

2. Cannot download from MS Store on Win 11/Cannot open store app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download from MS Store on Win 11/Cannot open store app.: I can open web pages within the store but the install button does nothing. Open the store app button does nothing. I've tried the Poweshell commands with no luck. I get an error that the line is not found....
  3. Cannot download the video purchased from MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download the video purchased from MS Store: As discussed yesterday. Repurchased the same video from MS Store but still cannot download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-the-video-purchased-from-ms-store/4e5ae859-5d8b-4a1c-a19f-5a6318d69c23
  4. Cannot download the video purchased from MS Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download the video purchased from MS Store: As discussed yesterday. Repurchased the same video from MS Store but still cannot download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-the-video-purchased-from-ms-store/4e5ae859-5d8b-4a1c-a19f-5a6318d69c23
  5. cannot open app store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open app store: cannot open app store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-app-store/868af4cf-cf7a-4638-b4fe-92fdb025d5a9
  6. cannot open app store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot open app store: cannot open app store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-app-store/868af4cf-cf7a-4638-b4fe-92fdb025d5a9
  7. Cannot download app from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download app from Microsoft Store: I have an Acer Aspire 5560 laptop computer dating from 2011 It is running Windows 10 Home, which was upgraded to version 2004 yesterday. Microsoft says the OS Build: 10.0.1.19041.388. The laptop is reported as follows: RAM: 3GB System Type: OSType64BitX64 Processor: AMD...
  8. Cannot open photo or MS store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot open photo or MS store: Following the latest update, I cannot now open photos. I get the error message "The app can't open. Check windows store for info about photos. See instore." Unfortunately, MS store won't open. I just get a blank screen for a couple of second then it closes. I have tried...
  9. cannot download apps from store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot download apps from store: hello I cannot download most of the apps it used to say "you need a device with more features" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cannot-download-apps-from-store/31cdf977-5bf7-413c-aa18-acbe5d269777
  10. Cannot download from Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot download from Store: Despite having had a new Windows account page created and a new download of the Store I still cannot get any apps to download from the Store. When I try I get the uninformative response "Something went wrong". The error code is Ox80090016. There is I think a PowerShell...