Windows 10: Cannot Download From the Internet

Discus and support Cannot Download From the Internet in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. Specifically I am trying to download Steam so I can buy and download the new TABS. I get "virus scan failed". I tried to download a fix for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sharon816, May 3, 2019.

1. Sharon816 Win User

Cannot Download From the Internet

Hi. Specifically I am trying to download Steam so I can buy and download the new TABS.

I get "virus scan failed". I tried to download a fix for this and I can't download that either.

I am running McAfee and I am turning it off for the downloads but still I get the same

error about the virus scan. I tried another update type download to Windows 10 and

I can't download that either.

We have so much fun with TABS and are psyched that a new version is out there but sadly

I can't do anything to download it.

:)

Sharon816, May 3, 2019
  2. Moose Win User

Internet Downloads

Thanks all for the useful suggestions, i certainly can understand the idea of refreshing downloads. I wish Firefox had that little button lol. Now i'll try and download Warrock (a great FREE game) with download manager though (annoyingly) firefox is now downloading without buggering up!
    I just did a few spyware scans which though didn't stop the probs it probably did stop all thoses bloody programs from using the internet and slowing it down.

Moose, May 3, 2019
  3. UK Internet Users Could be Banned for Illegal Downloads

More importantly it would take the entire UK economy a step backwards if 6 million people were to get banned...

Jimmy 2004, May 3, 2019
  4. Cannot Download From the Internet

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Download From the Internet

1. Cannot Download From the Internet - Similar Threads - Cannot Download Internet

2. Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program: My relatively new Windows 10 laptop has a recurring issue where it cannot download any files from the internet.It was so frustrating I reinstalled Windows entirely. After a month or two the problem came back. In Firefox and Steam, the program will crash instantly when trying...
  3. Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program: My relatively new Windows 10 laptop has a recurring issue where it cannot download any files from the internet.It was so frustrating I reinstalled Windows entirely. After a month or two the problem came back. In Firefox and Steam, the program will crash instantly when trying...
  4. Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Downloading apps from internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading apps from internet: Hello my problem is that when i want to download something from Chrome come microsoft store window on my screen and it's subject is Get Apps From Store..... Please help...
  6. Downloading a game from internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading a game from internet: When I download the mahjong game it goes to documents not downloads and then when I open it up it freezes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-a-game-from-internet/65972523-0248-47cd-93ec-91326f76dbe0
  7. Photo downloads from the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo downloads from the internet: My photo downloads from the internet are going to a microsoft word folder in the download file and won't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-downloads-from-the-internet/49043f80-551b-403f-bdba-b66d97d0dd2e"
  8. Cannot download from Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot download from Store: Despite having had a new Windows account page created and a new download of the Store I still cannot get any apps to download from the Store. When I try I get the uninformative response "Something went wrong". The error code is Ox80090016. There is I think a PowerShell...
  9. Background Downloading from Internet(?)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Background Downloading from Internet(?): I have a fairly new Dell Precision 3620 Work Station with an i5 processor that has a catastrophic problem trying to use the internet. I can use the internet at my DSL speed of .63 Mbps for about 1 minute after I turn on the computer then the speed drops to .06 Mbps. Not just...
  10. Downloading files from the Internet.

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloading files from the Internet.: I would be very grateful if someone could advise me if it is considered safe to download OCX files from ocxDump.com website. If not is there a safe free website from which OCX files can be obtained. Thanks 64341