Windows 10: Cannot download games from windows store

Discus and support Cannot download games from windows store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have tried many different steps to be able to get the downloads to work but nothing has worked so far. please help. Code: 0x80072F8F Just says... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Neonsprk, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Neonsprk Win User

Cannot download games from windows store

I have tried many different steps to be able to get the downloads to work but nothing has worked so far. please help.

Code: 0x80072F8F Just says couldnt install will retry later. I tried candy crush and Sea of Thieves and both say the same thing.

:)

Neonsprk, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

can't download games from store

Hi Krishna,

You might be experiencing this issue because of a connectivity issue or the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps and games from downloading and installing correctly. To run the troubleshooter, kindly refer to the following article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download games again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a reply with the following information so we can further pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Do you only experience this issue when downloading a specific game from Microsoft Store? If yes, what is the name of the specific game you are trying to download?
    • Have you tried downloading the game by accessing
      Microsoft Store using your web browser
      ?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 30, 2019
  3. not able to download games from store

Hi,

There are several possible reasons as to why you're encountering issues with downloading games from the Windows Store. Here's a list of the common factors:

• Your account may be restricted from downloading games that are inappropriate for your age.
    • Games you're trying to download are not available in your current region.
    • Corrupted app data
    • An outdated Windows 10 OS

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you using an adult or a child account?
    • Is the Microsoft account you're using in the Windows Store app the same as your Windows 10 user account?
    • Are you using an administrator user account?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help resolve issues with downloading and installing games from the Windows Store.

Catherine Cus., Jan 30, 2019
  4. Cannot download games from windows store

MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Cannot download games from windows store

1. Cannot download games from windows store - Similar Threads - Cannot download games

2. Cannot download anything from windows store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download anything from windows store.: This all started with Minecraft windows 10, I was going to play it then it just said to unlock the full game and buy it I did. I could not go to the servers tab etc, after a while of trying to see what was wrong I just decided to uninstall it, when I tried to reinstall it...
  3. Cannot download a game from Microsoft Store.

Cannot download a game from Microsoft Store.: Hello. I'm wanting to install a game from the Microsoft Store, so I go to the game, click install, select my HDD D: and click install. Nothing happens. If I click off of the Store, it reverts back to the C: SSD option. I also tried installing the same game but from the new...
  4. I cannot download from the Windows Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot download from the Windows Store: Split from this thread. I cannot download from the Windows Store and when I go to SETTINGS ACCOUNTS and click 'SIGN IN WITH A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT INSTEAD', a window quickly appears and then disappears so I have no opportunity to verify the contents or add to it. I have the...
  5. cannot download minecraft from windows store

cannot download minecraft from windows store: I bought Minecraft for Windows 10 game through the Microsoft store. I go to 'help' and am told this: Windows 10 Go to order history, find Windows 10 , then select Product key/Install. Select Copy to copy the key, then select Install. Select Download tool now, and follow...
  6. Cannot download from Microsoft Store

Cannot download from Microsoft Store: I have received the same error as several others. Since this has been happening since 2015 and it is now 2020 why has this not been fixed? Why is this happening and why has it not been addressed with a permanent fix?...
  7. game from the windows store won't download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game from the windows store won't download: When I try to download it, it says it finishes immediately. However it isn't actually downloaded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-from-the-windows-store-wont-download/9249b21d-06aa-4561-8162-0b6379c868d2
  8. Cannot download apps from windows store

Cannot download apps from windows store: I cannot download or update any apps using the windows store. Attempting to do so gives 'Couldn't install. We'll retry shortly' And see details gives the same error code for all downloads and updates error code. Code: 0x80070006...
  9. Cannot download game from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download game from Microsoft Store: I'm trying to buy a game from the Microsoft Store but every time I try and download it gives me this error, "Give this code to an adult. You're not quite old enough for this. PUR-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotInFamily aG8bHsNJeESBMfzF.76.1.11.8". I entered my DOB wrong the...
  10. Cannot download from Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot download from Store: Despite having had a new Windows account page created and a new download of the Store I still cannot get any apps to download from the Store. When I try I get the uninformative response "Something went wrong". The error code is Ox80090016. There is I think a PowerShell...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot download games from microsoft store

2. cannot download game from microsoft store

3. i cannot download from store

4. cannot install game from windows store,
  5. cannot downlod game from windows store,
  6. give this code to an adult youre not quite old enough for this.pur-maturityratingsdenialusernotinfamily,
  7. can not download games from microsoft store,
  8. microsoft store cannot download games,
  9. cant download games on the windows store,
  10. cant download games from microsoft store