Windows 10: Cannot download HP Smart app in Microsoft Store - keep getting error code 0x800u3cfb

Discus and support Cannot download HP Smart app in Microsoft Store - keep getting error code 0x800u3cfb in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I purchased a new HP LaserJet printer this week. On one of two Windows 10 laptops I am encountering a recurring issue trying to download the HP Smart... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by KC064, Apr 16, 2021.

1. KC064 Win User

Cannot download HP Smart app in Microsoft Store - keep getting error code 0x800u3cfb

I purchased a new HP LaserJet printer this week. On one of two Windows 10 laptops I am encountering a recurring issue trying to download the HP Smart app. It appears to download about 585KB out of about 130MB total package and then stop, reporting this error:

Cannot download HP Smart app in Microsoft Store - keep getting error code 0x800u3cfb de911350-911c-4b60-89a9-2e5b868c0fa5?upload=true.png

If I press the reset on the download link another 585KB will download and then stop. I am not going to do that 140 or so times and then still have it bail out.

I contacted HP Printer Support and an agent worked with me for a couple of hours. He claimed the problem lies with corruption in the Microsoft Store data on my machine. He ran SFC /Scannow and then used DISM with the follow command parameters as I recall $DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHeatlh That did not resolve the issue and HP agent said that he could refer me to HP SmartFriend Services $49 per incident? or Microsoft. He said to tell them "It is an operating system issue. The Microsoft store is corrupted. Suggested resolution is to perform and Inplace upgrade."

Do any of you have experience with this type of problem, and/or performing an inplace upgrade to repair a Microsoft Store issue? It seems a little heavy-handed to me.

Thank you for any suggestions.

:)

KC064, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

HP SMART app - crash

Hi Blair,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 16, 2021
  3. HP Smart app will not download

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues when downloading HP smart app from Microsoft Store. I will certainly assist you with the issue.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

3. Have you tried downloading any other apps from the Microsoft Store?

4. Do you receive any error code when trying to download apps?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the suggestions mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot Microsoft Store

Try running troubleshooting the app using the troubleshooter. Refer the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Method 2: Re-register Microsoft Store

Try re-registering the app using PowerShell command and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Now type in the command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Restart the PC.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Cannot download HP Smart app in Microsoft Store - keep getting error code 0x800u3cfb

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Cannot download HP Smart app in Microsoft Store - keep getting error code 0x800u3cfb

1. Cannot download HP Smart app in Microsoft Store - keep getting error code 0x800u3cfb - Similar Threads - Cannot download Smart

2. Microsoft store - HP Smart App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store - HP Smart App: Hi,Wondering if I can get assistance on an issue with downloading the HP Smart App from the Microsoft store. I recently got a new printer, and as part of the set up process I'm required to download the HP Smart App. However, when directed to Microsoft store to install the...
  3. Microsoft store - HP Smart App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store - HP Smart App: Hi,Wondering if I can get assistance on an issue with downloading the HP Smart App from the Microsoft store. I recently got a new printer, and as part of the set up process I'm required to download the HP Smart App. However, when directed to Microsoft store to install the...
  4. Cannot download HP Smart app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download HP Smart app from Microsoft Store: Hi, I've got a new printer and I had to install the HP Smart app, I tried to install it and it failed. How could I fix this? I tried running the troubleshooter and it didn't detect anything.PS: The printer's model is HP ENVY 6020e All-in-One Printer...
  5. Cannot download HP Smart app from Microsoft Store

Cannot download HP Smart app from Microsoft Store: Hi, I've got a new printer and I had to install the HP Smart app, I tried to install it and it failed. How could I fix this? I tried running the troubleshooter and it didn't detect anything.PS: The printer's model is HP ENVY 6020e All-in-One Printer...
  6. Cannot download HP Smart app from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download HP Smart app from Microsoft Store: Hi, I've got a new printer and I had to install the HP Smart app, I tried to install it and it failed. How could I fix this? I tried running the troubleshooter and it didn't detect anything...
  7. HP Smart app stopped working and cannot be downloaded from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HP Smart app stopped working and cannot be downloaded from Microsoft Store: This problem started about 1 week ago. Both HP Smart and Microsoft Store apps are grayed out in our app list. We have tried all the recommended solutions we could find online and so far nothing has helped. Message received "You will need a new application to open this...
  8. HP Smart app stopped working and cannot be downloaded from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Smart app stopped working and cannot be downloaded from Microsoft Store: This problem started about 1 week ago. Both HP Smart and Microsoft Store apps are grayed out in our app list. We have tried all the recommended solutions we could find online and so far nothing has helped. Message received "You will need a new application to open this...
  9. HP Smart app stopped working and cannot be downloaded from Microsoft Store

10. HP Smart App Stopped Working and Cannot Download from Microsoft Store

HP Smart App Stopped Working and Cannot Download from Microsoft Store: This issue started about 2 weeks ago. Both HP Smart and the Microsoft Store Apps are greyed-out on our app list. We have tried all recommended solutions we could find online and so far nothing has helped. Message received "You'll need a new app to open this MS-Windows...