Windows 10: Cannot Download/Launch Xbox App Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot Download/Launch Xbox App Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So my friend has had this issue where he cannot download/launch the Xbox Live app on windows 10. It tells him "this is not compatible with your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dayvidddd, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Dayvidddd Win User

Cannot Download/Launch Xbox App Windows 10

So my friend has had this issue where he cannot download/launch the Xbox Live app on windows 10. It tells him "this is not compatible with your device". Any solutions?

:)

Dayvidddd, Jul 5, 2019

2. XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Hi Kellon,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Xbox app, I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Xbox
    app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8

If you are still facing an issue with Xbox app, I suggest you to contact the Xbox support team and check.

You may refer the following link to post your query on Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Cheri F Win User
    Xbox app closes on launch

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately...

• Has any new software or hardware been added recently? No.
    • Did you also change any settings prior to this issue? No.
    • Is there any error message? None.
    • For the Xbox app issue, have you also tried the suggestions posted by Syed Md Bilal in this thread?
      Quite a few people found it helpful. - I did try this (for the Xbox and Photos app) and it made absolutely no difference.
    I'd appreciate any additional suggestions. I'm still unable to use either the Xbox or Photos app. I'd really like to use them.

Cheri F, Jul 5, 2019
  4. JaqFinch Win User

XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

tried tagging you and a few others.. not sure if it worked so i'm replying this way.

i've used the help here, on Lenovo, and Xbox to no avail. final roadblock was the "rollbacking" issue. i'm no techie and don't want to do something that will put my computer at risk.

how else can i resolve this issue?

JaqFinch, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot Download/Launch Xbox App Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot Download Launch

2. Nothing will launch on xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing will launch on xbox app: Hey ive got a good pc and ive check and my graphics drivers r updated and windows updates r up to date but nothing will launch on xbox app. Nothing at all happens when i press play on any game. Ive tried terminated, repair, reset, restarting pc. reinstalling windows 11 idk...
  3. Cannot launch any games via Xbox App on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot launch any games via Xbox App on Windows 10: REFERRED FROM XBOX SUPPORT TO SEEK WINDOWS SUPPORTI have reinstalled Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool with the option to Keep My Files, this has resolved one of the errors however I still cannot launch any games via the Xbox App.The File System Error with the...
  4. Cannot launch any games via Xbox App on Windows 10

Cannot launch any games via Xbox App on Windows 10: REFERRED FROM XBOX SUPPORT TO SEEK WINDOWS SUPPORTI have reinstalled Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool with the option to Keep My Files, this has resolved one of the errors however I still cannot launch any games via the Xbox App.The File System Error with the...
  5. Cannot download xbox app stuck pending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download xbox app stuck pending: Had a new gaming pc for Christmas with windows 11 OS, tried everything to download xbox app but all I get is it saying stuck pending, I have googled everything I can find on the topic and tried numerous ways of fixing it with all the suggestions I have found on the web, yet...
  6. Cannot download xbox app stuck pending

Cannot download xbox app stuck pending: Had a new gaming pc for Christmas with windows 11 OS, tried everything to download xbox app but all I get is it saying stuck pending, I have googled everything I can find on the topic and tried numerous ways of fixing it with all the suggestions I have found on the web, yet...
  7. Cannot download or install apps Windows 10 xbox gamepass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download or install apps Windows 10 xbox gamepass: i recently installed a new SSD and moved my games over to it so it wasnt eating up my OS drive. i deleted all games and moved the folders over. Originally i had the main drive partitioned. once everything was moved over i deleted the partition and expanded my main drive....
  8. Cannot download or install apps Windows 10 xbox gamepass

Cannot download or install apps Windows 10 xbox gamepass: i recently installed a new SSD and moved my games over to it so it wasnt eating up my OS drive. i deleted all games and moved the folders over. Originally i had the main drive partitioned. once everything was moved over i deleted the partition and expanded my main drive....
  9. Xbox app and Gamebar cannot be downloaded

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox app and Gamebar cannot be downloaded: I deleted these apps a while back and I would now like to download them again, but the installation always stops halfway through, although all the files are downloaded, and even running XboxAppSetup.exe gives me the same error code submitted by /u/BigSadOof [link]...
  10. Xbox Accessories App will not launch.

Xbox Accessories App will not launch.: I purchased an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and for whatever reason I can not get the Xbox Accessories App to open up. It always just starts to open and then shuts down immediately. I wouldn't care except the controller is not playable until can access the software. I tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot download the xbox app on my laptop