Windows 10: Cannot download Messenger App

Discus and support Cannot download Messenger App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot download Messenger app although I am using Win10. Here is the error code:0x80080204. Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HaPham5, Feb 27, 2020.

1. HaPham5 Win User

Cannot download Messenger App

I cannot download Messenger app although I am using Win10. Here is the error code:0x80080204. Thank you

:)

HaPham5, Feb 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

We appreciate you for providing the information to us.

If the Messenger app doesn't show on the list under Notifications & Actions, it's possible that there are too many apps that are using the push notification. There is a limit to the number of apps you have installed that has push notifications enabled. You
    may consider removing other apps that are not in use and check if it helps.

In addition, you can also try to check the Default App for Protocol to prioritize Messenger as the default. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type Default app settings in the Search bar.
    • Click Choose default apps by protocol.
    • Look for the Messenger app then click on it.
    • Restart PC and check if it works.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Suman_B Win User
    Facebook messenger app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand you can’t get FB messenger to work on your PC. It can be difficult when something does not work as expected. We are here to help you fix the issue. We will work as a team and get this sorted out.

To isolate your concern with the FB messenger,
    we would need some information.

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your computer before this issue occurred?
    2. What is the error message you are receiving while using messenger?
    3. Did you download Facebook messenger from Microsoft store?
    4. Which build of Windows 10 is running on your system?

Press the Windows logo key +
    R, type
    winver in theOpenbox, and then select
    OK to find out which version of Windows your device is running.

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Fix issues with app downloaded from the Microsoft Store.

I would suggest you to refer the article to
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store,
    please follow the steps in the article and check if it works for you.

Method 2: Run Sfc scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

I suggest you to run the
    System File Checker (SFC) scan
    to fix any corrupted files.

We await your response.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Cannot download Messenger App

Messenger not supported anymore on Windows Phone

Hi Jane,

The Messenger app may not be updated on the Store app, or the phone's software is malfunctioning. For us to resolve this, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message or code?
    • Have you checked if there's an available update for the Messenger app on the Store app?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Messenger app?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Cannot download Messenger App

1. Cannot download Messenger App - Similar Threads - Cannot download Messenger

2. "Messenger" Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Messenger" Apps: Split from this thread. Hi Chandy, I have a couple of friends who use "Messenger" and are trying to get me interested. I was thinking of downloading it from the Microsoft store until I read this!Meta's Messenger Lite is finally ready to die.Microsoft ends another failed...
  3. "Messenger" Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Messenger" Apps: Split from this thread. Hi Chandy, I have a couple of friends who use "Messenger" and are trying to get me interested. I was thinking of downloading it from the Microsoft store until I read this!Meta's Messenger Lite is finally ready to die.Microsoft ends another failed...
  4. "Messenger" Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Facebook Messenger app - cannot uninstall it.

Facebook Messenger app - cannot uninstall it.: I downloaded the Facebook Messenger app for my PC. It was unsatisfactory, so I removed the app. It, however, keeps showing up on booting. I am unable to locate it in apps to remove it again....
  6. Facebook Messenger Download

Facebook Messenger Download: Hi, So I have been trying to download Facebook Messenger on my Windows 10 Microsoft App Store, and everytime I click install, it says "Try again. There's a problem on our end. Waiting a bit might help." Also, I want to let you know that this is a school laptop,...
  7. Messenger App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messenger App: Live tile, doesn't work, has never worked! App also refuses to stick to taskbar, no matter how may times i try to pin it there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-app/d475558c-3dc1-4f6e-8700-61fec10d828c
  8. messenger app

messenger app: how to reinstall messenger app I uninstall because it was not responding I could not open app or close it please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-app/261ef7be-a270-4f1f-b6e8-e5cb3359e477"
  9. Messenger App

Messenger App: My computer let me install Facebook just fine, it launched and works fine. But when I went to install Messenger and/or Messenger Beta neither of them launched, I did the troubleshooting, updated my computer 4 times, restarted, reinstalled the apps etc. But still NOTHING. what...
  10. Messenger App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Messenger App: I need to download the Messenger App to my desktop PC. Microsoft insists on asking for my PIN. I have a password, not a PIN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-app/8476dd1b-3f0a-4a02-a17a-19362bea6f27