Windows 10: Cannot download Minecraft onto PC running Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Cannot download Minecraft onto PC running Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have purchased the windows 10 edition of minecraft from the MS store. When I try to install it, my PC is not recognised on the available devices,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CHART_1, Jan 10, 2019.

1. CHART_1 Win User

Cannot download Minecraft onto PC running Windows 10 Home

I have purchased the windows 10 edition of minecraft from the MS store. When I try to install it, my PC is not recognised on the available devices, only my xbox. However my PC is recognised alongside my xbox in the list of MS registered devices - two of 10.

I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Home edition and have the latest Java update installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

CHART1

:)

CHART_1, Jan 10, 2019

2. Minecraft game is not available in windows 10 Tablet

Hi John,

I realize that you are facing difficulty in downloading Minecraft game in tablet. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know

• What is the make and made of the tablet?
    • Which version of Minecraft you are trying to download?
    • Which build of Windows 10 is installed in the tablet?
    • Are you using the same Microsoft account to check the game on the pc?

This issue might be due to windows update. So, is suggest you update the windows (including all the pending windows updates).

I also suggest you to run windows store app troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps to run windows store app troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and press
      enter
    • Click on view all from the left panel and select
      Windows store apps
      troubleshooter.
    • Click on advanced and select run as administrator.
    • Then click on next.

Please get back to us with necessary information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prahalad Aramanda, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Windows 10 - Minecraft Download Issue

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with downloading Minecraft application.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Are you trying to install Minecraft application from Windows Store?
    • Do you get any error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Corrupt Windows Store cache.

2. Conflict between third party applications.

If you are facing this issue while downloading Minecraft from Windows Store, I suggest you to try these steps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset Windows Store Cache and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open run box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and hit
      Enter.
    Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to disable Antivirus software/ Firewall and check if it helps.

Warning:

1) Please make sure to re-enable Antivirus software after performing troubleshooting steps.

2) Antivirus software/ Firewall can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable or uninstall your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable or uninstall
    it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled or uninstalled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Cannot download Minecraft onto PC running Windows 10 Home

No download link for minecraft for windows 10 on the windows store page.

Hi,

Players who already have the previous PC or Mac edition of Minecraft (running on Java) can download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition for free. To download the game, you'll
    need to get a code from Mojang, the game developer, by signing in to your
    Mojang account before attempting to redeem your code for Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. Otherwise, you may incur a charge.

To get your code from Mojang you may follow the steps below:

• Sign in with your
      Mojang account
    • Under Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, select the link to request a code. Microsoft Windows 10 will open.

The code you receive from Mojang will be kept on your account, in case you’re unable to redeem it straight away, or in case you have problems trying to redeem it in Microsoft Store.

For more information about Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, you may visit this
    link

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Loraine Mon, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Cannot download Minecraft onto PC running Windows 10 Home

1. Cannot download Minecraft onto PC running Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Cannot download Minecraft

2. Pc Freezing when downloading windows 10 onto pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Freezing when downloading windows 10 onto pc: Recently ive been trying to download windows onto my computer once again but my computer freezes whenever i enter my ssd. ive tried different things to fix it like trying diff ram sticks different bios settings and i recently replaced my motherboard thinking it would fix it...
  3. Pc Freezing when downloading windows 10 onto pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Freezing when downloading windows 10 onto pc: Recently ive been trying to download windows onto my computer once again but my computer freezes whenever i enter my ssd. ive tried different things to fix it like trying diff ram sticks different bios settings and i recently replaced my motherboard thinking it would fix it...
  4. Pc Freezing when downloading windows 10 onto pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Downloading windows onto a new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading windows onto a new PC: So I recently bought a new PC and when windows starts to install on it I get this message. "Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation". But even whe I restart I still get the message. Can someone help?...
  6. trying to download minecraft onto windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to download minecraft onto windows 10: Hiya, In 2018 I bought Minecraft via the Minecraft website for a windows 8 computer, however I have since got a new laptop with windows 10 Microsoft surface go. This new laptop only allows apps to be installed via the Microsoft store due to the S mode it has. Due to security...
  7. Cannot download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition: Hello! I wanted to download MC on Microsoft Store, but it says that ARM is supported, but my X64 is not supported The laptop is: LENOVO ideapad 320-15AST Because the web didn't let me upload the photos, here is the photos on onedrive...
  8. Cannot download Windows 10 Minecraft on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download Windows 10 Minecraft on new PC: I wanted to download Windows 10 Minecraft on my new PC, as I had gotten it for free a few years ago. When I went to download it, it said I had to buy it. I attempted to use my code listed on Mojang, but it said it was already redeemed (which I expected.). I checked my order...
  9. I cannot download Minecraft to PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot download Minecraft to PC: First I purchased Minecraft on a disk - it was long time ago and then I was offered a digital version for free. I downloaded it on the xBox. However I am not able to download it on the PC because I receive a message that I need to buy this game...
  10. Cannot download Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download Minecraft: I am running Windows 10, and when I go to install Minecraft, the Windows store pops up with an error message stating, "Reinstall the App The app can't start, reinstalling it should fix it. Code: 0x80073CFC." I'm installing it for the first time so what should I do? PS I...