Windows 10: Cannot download Paint from MS Store - your PC is not updated

Discus and support Cannot download Paint from MS Store - your PC is not updated in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; For some reason, I cannot download Paint from MS Store I've deleted it lately to reinstall because "my PC version is not updated", even though I have... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PiotrBorowiec, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Cannot download Paint from MS Store - your PC is not updated

For some reason, I cannot download Paint from MS Store I've deleted it lately to reinstall because "my PC version is not updated", even though I have all the updates up to today 03/23. What could be the reason? Are there any other ways I could download a Paint installer?

:)

PiotrBorowiec, Mar 23, 2022

2. MS Paint not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use Microsoft Paint on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to check if you are able to launch Microsoft Paint from System32 folder.

1. Press Windows + E key to open
      File/Windows Explorer

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32
    3. Double click on mspaint.exe
    4. If you are able to launch then Pin to Taskbar and
      create a shortcut.

If the issue persists then try these steps.

Step 1: Run DISM & SFC scan

We would also suggest you to run the DISM & SFC Scan tool to check if you are able to launch MS Paint, refer this article:
    System File Checker.

Step 2: Reinstall Microsoft Paint app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & features
      from left pane.
    3. Click on Optional features and select
      Microsoft Paint from the list.
    4. Click on Uninstall. Close
      Settings
      and restart the PC.
    5. Now perform step 1 and 2.
    6. Click on Optional features and click
      Add a feature.
    7. Check the box beside Microsoft Paint and click on
      Install.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 23, 2022
  3. The King is Dead; Long Live the King - MS Paint's Announced Demise

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

dorsetknob, Mar 23, 2022
  4. Cannot download Paint from MS Store - your PC is not updated

MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 23, 2022
Thema:

Cannot download Paint from MS Store - your PC is not updated

1. Cannot download Paint from MS Store - your PC is not updated - Similar Threads - Cannot download Paint

2. Cannot download from MS Store on Win 11/Cannot open store app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download from MS Store on Win 11/Cannot open store app.: I can open web pages within the store but the install button does nothing. Open the store app button does nothing. I've tried the Poweshell commands with no luck. I get an error that the line is not found....
  3. Cannot download the video purchased from MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download the video purchased from MS Store: As discussed yesterday. Repurchased the same video from MS Store but still cannot download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-the-video-purchased-from-ms-store/4e5ae859-5d8b-4a1c-a19f-5a6318d69c23
  4. Cannot download the video purchased from MS Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download the video purchased from MS Store: As discussed yesterday. Repurchased the same video from MS Store but still cannot download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-the-video-purchased-from-ms-store/4e5ae859-5d8b-4a1c-a19f-5a6318d69c23
  5. Cannot download Paint from MS Store - your PC is not updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download Paint from MS Store - your PC is not updated: For some reason, I cannot download Paint from MS Store I've deleted it lately to reinstall because "my PC version is not updated", even though I have all the updates up to today 03/23. What could be the reason? Are there any other ways I could download a Paint installer?...
  6. Cannot download Paint from MS Store - your PC is not updated

Cannot download Paint from MS Store - your PC is not updated: For some reason, I cannot download Paint from MS Store I've deleted it lately to reinstall because "my PC version is not updated", even though I have all the updates up to today 03/23. What could be the reason? Are there any other ways I could download a Paint installer?...
  7. Cannot download Paint 3D in Microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download Paint 3D in Microsoft store.: I'm in need of Paint 3D. This app is a very excellent app and helped me a lot. After some type of update the "Save" and "SaveAs" feature didn't work so I thought I will use the "Reset" button in Settings Apps and Features. It didn't work so I tried to reinstall Paint 3D. The...
  8. Cannot download Paint 3D in Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download Paint 3D in Microsoft store.: I'm in need of Paint 3D. This app is a very excellent app and helped me a lot. After some type of update the "Save" and "SaveAs" feature didn't work so I thought I will use the "Reset" button in Settings Apps and Features. It didn't work so I tried to reinstall Paint 3D. The...
  9. Cannot download Paint 3D in Microsoft store.

10. MS Paint not on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Paint not on PC: So, I wanted to open MS Paint, but my computer said "not found". I then ran sfc /scannow which found corrupted files and repaired them, then rebooted my PC. I searched for Paint again, it it still wasn't found. So then I ran chkdsk, and it still wasn't found. Is there any way...