Windows 10: Cannot download patches after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Cannot download patches after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just upgraded my HP Envy dv7 series laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro. The download and installation of Windows 10 Pro went just fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ellisj1, Sep 25, 2015.

1. ellisj1 Win User

Cannot download patches after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro

I just upgraded my HP Envy dv7 series laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro. The download and installation of Windows 10 Pro went just fine. However when I attempted to check for hotfixes\patches for Windows 10 after the initial install the process failed to download and install any of the identified updates. I let the process run for 12 hours and still nothing was downloaded and installed.

I have tried to stop the WUAUSERV & BITS services but get "the service is not responding to the control function" error for both services. I have also successfully downloaded the identified patches with a 3rd party tool but when I tried to install a single patch it hung and never installed and after about 10 hours I cancelled the process. I have shutdown the laptop and restarted it hoping I could then get the services to respond to the control function so I could delete the C:\windows\softwaredistribution directory and ideally get the patching process to work but even after the reboot when I tried to stop the WUAUSERV & BITS services I still get "the service is not responding to the control function" error.

I have also checked my NICs to make sure they were not set to metered, but so far I have not been able to get this process to work. I can get out to the Internet and download other updates just fine.

:)

ellisj1, Sep 25, 2015
  2. DiKay Win User

June 24th 2016, Windows 10 pin has changed, and computer appears to be wiped

checking email, cannot log in with PIN, I was able to log into access with .live account, but I am unable to access anything in files, it appears there are files I just cannot access files, and I don't see any other accounts?

Windows 10 upgrade from Win7 pro, I don't remember allowing any patches, downloads, or changes recently. I have has the Win 10 upgrade for over 6 months now.

DiKay, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro was aborted

Dear friends at Microsoft,

I recently had to reformat my PC. I am on WIndows 7 Pro but it was upgraded for free to Windows 10 Pro. But when reinstalling the upgrade an error occur and that the upgrade cannot be reinstall. Here's the error number 0x8007007e.

Please help me with this and tell me where I can find this patch?

Sincerely yours,

E.S. Bustillo

Esmeraldo S Bustillo Jr, Sep 25, 2015
  4. Lb8068 Win User

Hi, just wanted to give this thread a quick bump because I have been having the same problem as OP for the last week now.

Sorry can't give you any solutions man but hopefully somebody who can comes across this thread.

Lb8068, Nov 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot download patches after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Cannot download patches

2. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure: Hi there,i got a new lenovo laptop, ideapad 3, with a Windows 10 Home license included. Then i bought an update to Windows 10/11 Pro in the Microsoft Store, because i wanted to bind the laptop to Azure. I started without network and created a local user. Then i went to buy...
  3. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure: Hi there,i got a new lenovo laptop, ideapad 3, with a Windows 10 Home license included. Then i bought an update to Windows 10/11 Pro in the Microsoft Store, because i wanted to bind the laptop to Azure. I started without network and created a local user. Then i went to buy...
  4. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot join Azure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot bind to Azure

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot bind to Azure: Hi there,i got a new lenovo laptop, ideapad 3, with a Windows 10 Home license included. Then i bought an update to Windows 10/11 Pro in the Microsoft Store, because i wanted to bind the laptop to Azure. I started without network and created a local user. Then i went to buy...
  6. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot bind to Azure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot bind to Azure: Hi there,i got a new lenovo laptop, ideapad 3, with a Windows 10 Home license included. Then i bought an update to Windows 10/11 Pro in the Microsoft Store, because i wanted to bind the laptop to Azure. I started without network and created a local user. Then i went to buy...
  7. After Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, cannot bind to Azure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 pro after doing a clean install of Windows 10. After installing Activation shows that Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account. I then enter the key to do the upgrade. get msg Unable to upgrade your...
  9. Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I currently have Windows 10 Home. This morning I purchased the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the store. When it tried to install I got the error code 0x80070005 initially. When I checked in the Activation page it showed the error code 0xC004F034 and said that my Windows...
  10. Cannot Activate upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Activate upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store on my computer. I was charged for the order but no Product Key came with the order, which seemed odd. I can see the paid receipt in my order history, but cannot activate Windows. It keeps...