Windows 10: Cannot download the CU update ISO on my FAST linux server

Discus and support Cannot download the CU update ISO on my FAST linux server in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there Seems Ms will only let you download the ISO from a Windows machine -- I've got a Mega fast Linux server (download speed almost 1 Gib/s) but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Apr 15, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Cannot download the CU update ISO on my FAST linux server

Hi there

Seems Ms will only let you download the ISO from a Windows machine -- I've got a Mega fast Linux server (download speed almost 1 Gib/s) but am forced to use a slower Windows machine (on a different network with around 50 Mib/s). - The network speed here is not a Windows problem - just a slower physical network.

Grrhh !!!! Seems Ms checks Windows version before allowing download -- I suppose because it asks do you want this for current machine or another one when using Windows media creation option from the website.

I want the ISO as I'm going to do a few CLEAN installs - I'm happy that for me the CU update has worked fine.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 15, 2017

2. Updating Windows 10 to 1607 from 1511

Sure you downloaded the
    correct 64-bit MSU
    and not the one for Server 2016?

Edit: Wait, you have 1511 now? Then obviously the latest CU for 1607 won't install. You need to download an

ISO of 1607
    first, double-click to mount it, run setup and perform an in-place upgrade. Afterwards run Windows Update and if it still fails
    then install the latest CU manually.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I downloaded the x64 msu.

Re the ISO, basically this is a complete reinstall?

Andrew82XD, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Updating Windows 10 to 1607 from 1511

Sure you downloaded the
    correct 64-bit MSU
    and not the one for Server 2016?

Edit: Wait, you have 1511 now? Then obviously the latest CU for 1607 won't install. You need to download an

ISO of 1607
    first, double-click to mount it, run setup and perform an in-place upgrade. Afterwards run Windows Update and if it still fails
    then install the latest CU manually.

RobertJWin, Apr 15, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

If you want to get the ISO file on a non Windows machine, you have to go to the same Microsoft.com website where the MCT is, except it will revert to the same interface that Tech bench used to have.

I can download the ISO file on Android even.

NavyLCDR, Apr 15, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
  6. N9NU Win User
    See my sticky post at the top of the this forum and use the HeiDoc method (#2) as shown. It's easy as pie.

Tim

7. jimbo45 Win User
    Thanks everybody

got the iso --the CLEAN install IMO is well worth while .

BTW old W8 / W7 etc technet keys still working for upgrade etc -- on asking for activation as after install Ms said "Activation required as you don't have a digital licence" so I did "Change product key" and entered an old technet W8 key. Still worked fine !!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot download the CU update ISO on my FAST linux server - Similar Threads - Cannot download update

2. Cannot download Windows 11 ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download Windows 11 ISO: When I try to download the Windows 11 ISO I get the following:We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding technologies when connecting to...
  3. Cannot download Windows 11 ISO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download Windows 11 ISO: When I try to download the Windows 11 ISO I get the following:We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding technologies when connecting to...
  4. Cannot Download Windows 11 iso

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Download Windows 11 iso: I cannot download Windows 11 iso. I used to be able to download iso while not on VPN, then that stopped working saying We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging...
  5. Cannot Download Windows 11 iso

Cannot Download Windows 11 iso: I cannot download Windows 11 iso. I used to be able to download iso while not on VPN, then that stopped working saying We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging...
  6. Cannot download Windows 11 ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download Windows 11 ISO: I am unable to download Windows 11 because of this error. I live in the United States.We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding...
  7. Cannot download Windows 11 ISO

Cannot download Windows 11 ISO: I am unable to download Windows 11 because of this error. I live in the United States.We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding...
  8. Kali Linux ISO Exploit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Kali Linux ISO Exploit: Help please! Hello, I downloaded the kali linux iso which I only use in my virtual machine, I usually do analysis with windows defender for security and it detects exploits in this ISO, when I tried to take actions to remove it,...
  9. Cannot download .iso

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot download .iso: Hello, I cannot download the Windows 10 .iso file from the website. When I click on the Install link I either get a Gateway Timeout error, or I get a .html file that displays in plain text. I have tried the link on multiple machines and it is not working. Is anybody...
  10. 1809 update ISO download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1809 update ISO download: how can i complete my iso download if my computer keeps on crashing every min https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1809-update-iso-download/5b2b31d4-e8dd-4583-b636-1ca55c31370e