Windows 10: Cannot Download The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

Discus and support Cannot Download The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't download Microsoft's Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter, it gives me a 404 page when I try to download it. I need the file to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alchemist987, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Cannot Download The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

/u/Alchemist987, Aug 20, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Cannot Download The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter :confused:

oli_ramsay, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Cannot Download The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Download The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

1. Cannot Download The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter - Similar Threads - Cannot Download Program

2. Is there a "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" for Windows 11?: I have some issues with software not installing correctly specifically Visual C++ ReDist. 2008. I have resolved similar issues in the past using the "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" tool found at this...
  3. Is there a "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" for Windows 11?: I have some issues with software not installing correctly specifically Visual C++ ReDist. 2008. I have resolved similar issues in the past using the "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" tool found at this...
  4. Silently run Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Silently run Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter: I have an app on a number of machines that I need to uninstall silently, it doesn't show up in control panel 'uninstall programs'This tool does find it and uninstalls it....
  5. What happened to the Microsoft's Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happened to the Microsoft's Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter?: Hi, This page from MS KB used to provide a very useful tool to troubleshoot install/uninstall issues: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed The tool I am referring to is the Microsoft's Program...
  6. Windows Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter - broken download link

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter - broken download link: Hi, I want to download the Windows Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter. But the Download link on that page is broken. Does anyone know where it can be downloaded? Regards, Leigh...
  7. Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter not available?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter not available?: im trying to uninstall visual c++ and get the error message for msi file, but the link in this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed leads to a 404 error. Please help...
  8. Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter: I am unable to download "Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter" from the link : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed It is giving 404 - File or directory not found. All my colleagues...
  9. Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter - 404 file not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter - 404 file not found: The link to the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter found here seems to be dead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-install-and-uninstall-troubleshooter-404/846e01c8-91c0-4af0-8630-33667af534e2
  10. Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows: How to: Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows How to Download and Use Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows [img] Information The Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter allows you to automatically repair issues including...