Windows 10: Cannot download the updates I need from the catalog

Discus and support Cannot download the updates I need from the catalog in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had multiple machines that are having issues downloading updates. I clear the stuck ones and try to go download them from the catalog and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JWilliams_1987, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Cannot download the updates I need from the catalog

I have had multiple machines that are having issues downloading updates. I clear the stuck ones and try to go download them from the catalog and I cannot get them to download. When using Chrome the window that pops up wont download them even if I right click and open in new tab. While using Internet Explorer the update will go to the basket but when you go to download them the location window locks up and wont allow you to do anything. We are running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB. There are no errors in Windows event viewer.

:)

JWilliams_1987, Apr 2, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog

Another way:
    Download WHDownloader (Windows Hotfix Downloader) 2.2
    Unzip to desktop or where ever then run.

1. Download the KB's list from catalog. Should run when starting the program to get the latest list.
    2. Select Office/Windows edition
    3. Put check mark(s) to select the KB's
    4. Download Updates.
    NOTE: The KB's with huge file size are normally the cumulative updates from one version to next. If you are currently running 1607 then you'd need to run the KB for 1073 first then run the next one (1709), The rest of the KB's are security updates, Flash Updates etc...

Cannot download the updates I need from the catalog [​IMG]

topgundcp, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Installing update after downloading it through Microsoft Update Catalog

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

There is no need to install update separately it will be automatically installed when you download the update, I suggest you to go to Control panel and check whether the update is installed are not.

Follow the steps to check for Update.

• Open Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Click on View installed updates.

• Check for the Update in the list.

Keep us posted on the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Cannot download the updates I need from the catalog

Windows Update Catalog / Search Options

Hello ANoTest,

Windows Update Catalog is a website that offers updates for computers. Through this, you can download Windows Updates manually. Here are the steps on how to download Update from Window Update Catalog manually:

• OpenWindows Update Catalog.
    • In the search text box, type your search terms. (Example: Windows 10 1607 X64)
    • Click Search.
    • Browse the list that is displayed to select the updates that you want to download.
    • Click Add for each selection to add it to the download basket.
    • Click view basket under the Search box to view the download basket.
    • Verify your list of updates, and then click Download.
    • Note If you are prompted, click Accept to accept the license agreement.
    • Select the location where you want to save the updates. You can either type the full path of the folder, or you can click Browse to locate the folder.
    • Click Continue to start the download.
    • When the download is complete, click Close to close the Download Window.
    • Close the Windows Update Catalog Window.
    • Find the location that you specified in step 9.
      Note: If you have downloaded device drivers for installation, go to
      Installing Drivers.
    • Double-click each update, and then follow the instructions to install the update. If the updates are intended for another computer, copy the updates to that computer, and then double-click the updates to install them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Antoneth Ber, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Cannot download the updates I need from the catalog

1. Cannot download the updates I need from the catalog - Similar Threads - Cannot download updates

2. Windows 11 update KB5021255 does not download or install from cataloge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update KB5021255 does not download or install from cataloge: My PC has been fine with updates until the end of 2022. It is now refusing to go past 5% downloaded in updates and with the msu from the catalogue, it isn't going past a fifth for the install on the progress bar.I have tried to resolve this myself by doing some of the usual...
  3. Windows 11 update KB5021255 does not download or install from cataloge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update KB5021255 does not download or install from cataloge: My PC has been fine with updates until the end of 2022. It is now refusing to go past 5% downloaded in updates and with the msu from the catalogue, it isn't going past a fifth for the install on the progress bar.I have tried to resolve this myself by doing some of the usual...
  4. Why Are Download Files From Windows Update Catalog HTTP and not HTTPS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why Are Download Files From Windows Update Catalog HTTP and not HTTPS: I have a few Windows 10 machines so thought I would download KB5004945 (printer spooler issue) via the official download site. When I click on the file to download a browser extension says its not a secure download ie: using http instead of Https. I have never thought about...
  5. I Can't Download a Canon Printer Update From Windows Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I Can't Download a Canon Printer Update From Windows Update Catalog: A Canon Printer Update, 2.90.2.10 keeps downloading but never installs. I was overjoyed to see that this Update is in The Microsoft Update Catolog. When I downloaded and opened it, t, it was an unfamiliar group of filing cabinets, cogwheel icons and documents I couldn't run...
  6. Installing an update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, when it goes to the download folder...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing an update from the Microsoft Update Catalog, when it goes to the download folder...: I wanted to download and install Intel Graphics Update 20.19.15.5107 because HP Support Assistant said to, but the download from the HP website kept failing. The HP download sites seem to be all messed up. Then I used the "new EDGE" to search for this update. It was listed,...
  7. How do I install a .cab file downloaded from Microsoft Update Catalog?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I install a .cab file downloaded from Microsoft Update Catalog?: My H81 chipset is not on the list in this post. Windows Update MiniTool shows "pci\ven_8086&dev_8c3a" and "11.7.0.1040". I have downloaded the following from Microsoft Update Catalog. Intel - System - 7/18/2017 12:00:00 AM - 11.7.0.1040 Windows 10 and later drivers Drivers...
  8. Cannot access Microsoft update catalog from any browsers

Cannot access Microsoft update catalog from any browsers: It just started on October 24, I went to support microsoft.com page to download (KB4462933), When I clicked Microsoft update catalog link, it gave me a download file 4462933.csv (you can see the picture). [img] It is the same to all other browsers: Firefox, Tor, Internet...
  9. Download Updates From WU Catalog Using Any Browser

Download Updates From WU Catalog Using Any Browser: This was first posted on AskWoody and now posted in other forums http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/do...g-any-browser/ 62123
  10. Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog: How to: Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog [img] Information Most users obtain Windows Updates automatically through the Windows Update Service (aka WUS). Sometimes, however, an update may fail to download or install properly. At other...