Windows 10: Cannot download to the downloads or documents section on the computer-Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot download to the downloads or documents section on the computer-Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I also cannot upload from that section, either. Examples: Getting documents as attachments in an email I want to download to the computer. Paying a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarolMunson, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Cannot download to the downloads or documents section on the computer-Windows 10

I also cannot upload from that section, either.

Examples: Getting documents as attachments in an email I want to download to the computer.

Paying a bill online and saving the confirmation receipt to documents.

Uploading something from downloads into Docusign. Will not work on upload feature. I have to drag & drop it in.

Pretty much all my time on my computer is spent downloading & uploading things for my business.

Happens on both direct download and print to pdf. Sometimes when I am in Chrome, the print to pdf screen is the one you normally see in Chrome and sometimes it switches to the print screen you'd see in Edge even though I am in the Chrome browser.

It all doesn't work, whether I am in Chrome or Edge as a browser. It may take the first attempt, but after that, the documents screen goes blank and says "working on it" and nothing happens and I see a message that it is not responding.

My company tech support cannot figure it out. Apparently there isn't anyway to get a hold of Windows Support. Always that annoying message we will report this issue to Microsoft.

Anyone out there have a fix for this? Thank you in advance.

:)

CarolMunson, Mar 5, 2021
  2. MilkyWay Win User

Future of TPU Download Section

Well i personally see less of a need for a downloads section other than to host your own programs like GPU-Z.
    • Most demos you can download using torrents or direct on the official website.
    • Trailers you can get on other various sites dedicated to gaming or youtube (other video hosting sites).
    • Programs i download from file hippo or directly from the official website.
    The only time i use TPU own servers is when i see new drivers posted on the news section, then i use the TPU servers but likewise i could get them from the official website. Steam will update your drivers for you also.

Im struggling to think of any foreseeable use for that extra bandwidth.

MilkyWay, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Cannot download to the downloads or documents section on the computer-Windows 10

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Cannot download to the downloads or documents section on the computer-Windows 10

1. Cannot download to the downloads or documents section on the computer-Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot download downloads

2. I cannot download documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot download documents: i cannot download documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-download-documents/5e572ae3-d177-44c6-906d-28d741d76307
  3. I cannot download documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download documents: i cannot download documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-download-documents/5e572ae3-d177-44c6-906d-28d741d76307
  4. Downloads Is Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Is Documents: I don't know what I did but the downloads folder is the same as the documents, I've been trying to fix it for 2 hours but I've accomplished nothing... Please Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-is-documents/478db130-b902-40a2-8084-44cc4c326e21
  5. Downloads Is Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Is Documents: I don't know what I did but the downloads folder is the same as the documents, I've been trying to fix it for 2 hours but I've accomplished nothing... Please Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-is-documents/478db130-b902-40a2-8084-44cc4c326e21
  6. Downloads/documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads/documents: Why did my downloads, documents and pictures disappear when Windows 10 was updated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloadsdocuments/d3b51cb5-4c59-4921-848a-19f8eb213d80
  7. Documents and Downloads

Documents and Downloads: Where have all my Documents and Downloads gone? There are only a few left from 2018. Window 10 recently undated after many failed attempts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-and-downloads/26e9d0bb-3401-453a-82fc-6c5eb24dd4c9
  8. Files explorer downloads section is showing recent downloads

Files explorer downloads section is showing recent downloads: I just recently updated windows and when I did the downloads section of the files explorer shows only recent files, previously it showed all my personal files in alphabetical order, Does anyone know how to change it back?...
  9. Downloading documents

Downloading documents: Since the last Windows update, if I download a document, it saves it as a web page link rather than as a pdf document on my computer. I can't save as or print to pdf. I don't know what's going on. I thought it was my avg as it was opening things in an avg browser. I got...
  10. Downloaded documents

Downloaded documents: I run W10. When I had W7 Pro I could "Save As" and poke the web doc / page etc. straight to my selected folder; but now that option doesn't appear, and stuff goes straight to the "Download" folder (which I NEVER look at, as it's irrelevant) thus necessitating an extra step...