Windows 10: Cannot Download Virus Scan

Discus and support Cannot Download Virus Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can not download dur to failed virus scan [Original Title: Virus Scan]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kathy wallin, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Cannot Download Virus Scan

I can not download dur to failed virus scan

[Original Title: Virus Scan]

:)

kathy wallin, Jun 7, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Cannot Download Virus Scan [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

Cannot Download Virus Scan [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Jun 7, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Virus Scan ONLY tool?

I was using Malwarebytes to run scans on things I downloaded to make sure they're clean before I run them... but now Malwarebytes wants to run constantly and wants to do virus scans all the time, even though I told it not to (I'll scan a single file then it starts another threat scan on its own).

Are there any good tools that do virus scanning only?

4. Cannot Download Virus Scan

Slow as mollasses virus scan on file downloads from Chrome

I run a standard Windows 10 setup, with Microsoft Windows Defender and the only virus and malware tool. I also use Chrome almost exclusively.

When I download a large file (~50-100mb), it takes for-ever (15 to 20 minutes) for the virus scan to happen. I am not sure what the hold up is, but I do know it is very irritating. All of this on a behemoth machine, 8 cores, 16 threads, 32Gb Ram, NVME drives.

Any suggestions?

Inquisitor Shm, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Download Virus Scan

1. Cannot Download Virus Scan - Similar Threads - Cannot Download Virus

2. couldn't download-virus scan failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    couldn't download-virus scan failed.: when i try to down load anything i get this message, please tell me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-download-virus-scan-failed/7e6b8658-6cca-4158-a616-ad20bd3a7f10
  3. couldn't download-virus scan failed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    couldn't download-virus scan failed.: when i try to down load anything i get this message, please tell me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-download-virus-scan-failed/7e6b8658-6cca-4158-a616-ad20bd3a7f10
  4. couldn't download-virus scan failed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Couldn't download, virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't download, virus scan failed: Every time I try to download a file, document, photo, anything I get a message "Couldn't Download Virus Scan Failed. I never had this problem until I got Windows 11. I have changed my internet security, turned off Windows Firewall and got rid of all virus scan programs....
  6. Couldn't download, virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn't download, virus scan failed: Every time I try to download a file, document, photo, anything I get a message "Couldn't Download Virus Scan Failed. I never had this problem until I got Windows 11. I have changed my internet security, turned off Windows Firewall and got rid of all virus scan programs....
  7. Failed download virus scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Failed download virus scan: I am unable to download programs, updates, photos or other items. When I try I get the message: Failed download virus scan. It is a firewall issue, but I can't override it to download necessary updates from any source. I don't know if this is a Microsoft issue, or a Windows...
  8. virus scan blocking downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    virus scan blocking downloads: I cannot download/open any pdf files from email or internet. Keeps giving me virus scan failed. Is there a setting that I need to adjust? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-blocking-downloads/414b2886-73de-447e-9051-28ea322d2a16
  9. Downloading files - VIRUS SCAN FAILED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading files - VIRUS SCAN FAILED: Hi Everyone, I keep getting the message VIRUS SCAN FAILED when I try and download files from all sites on the internet. However can download Windows Updates. Any suggestions would be extremely welcomed. Thank you in advance, John...
  10. "Couldn't download-virus scan failed"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Couldn't download-virus scan failed": I try all the options like that regedit thing and uninstalling my mcafee software but nothing works TT it always couldnt download-virus scan failed HELP plsss...