Windows 10: Cannot download windows updates

Discus and support Cannot download windows updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Our WSUS server is stuck with 4 "updates needing files". 2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems KB4601330... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TBeames, Feb 12, 2021.

1. TBeames Win User

Cannot download windows updates

Our WSUS server is stuck with 4 "updates needing files".

2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems KB4601330

2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 for x64-based Systems KB4601345

2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems KB4601345

Security Update For Exchange Server 2016 CU18 KB4602269

I have tried to manually download them with the links below but they do not get to 100% downloaded.

KB4601330: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4601330%20x64

KB4601345: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4601345%20x64

KB4602269: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4602269%20cu18

Are there problems with these or how can I fix this and get these downloaded?

:)

TBeames, Feb 12, 2021
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Feb 12, 2021
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot download windows updates - Similar Threads - Cannot download updates

2. Cannot download updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download updates: I have just been on the telephone with John Herald, technical support in the Phillipines. I gave him access to my laptop to help him resolve the problem. We got cut off and John did say he would ring me back if we got cut off, he has my phone number.My case number is...
  3. Cannot download updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download updates: I have just been on the telephone with John Herald, technical support in the Phillipines. I gave him access to my laptop to help him resolve the problem. We got cut off and John did say he would ring me back if we got cut off, he has my phone number.My case number is...
  4. Cannot download updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot download Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot download Cumulative Update: Cannot download 2023-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028166, getting this: 0x80073701 error message back every time, I have already ran recommended command prompts...
  6. Cannot Download Windows Update for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Download Windows Update for Windows 11: I previously asked the same question in December ongoing problem since then! and I was told to reinstall Windows, I did twice and it's still the same as before and my question was closed down before I had the chance to complain about how horrible all this has become! I even...
  7. Cannot Download Windows Update for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Download Windows Update for Windows 11: I previously asked the same question in December ongoing problem since then! and I was told to reinstall Windows, I did twice and it's still the same as before and my question was closed down before I had the chance to complain about how horrible all this has become! I even...
  8. Cannot download windows updates bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot download windows updates bug: Hi, i'm not able to download windows updates as i just cleared my SSD and downloaded windows 10 again. I got down most of the updates except two of them (KB4534132) and (KB4551762). I've tried downloading them manually and that didnt work either as it failed. Anyone who...
  9. Cannot download Defender updates.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot download Defender updates.: I can't download Defender updates for the last week? My internet connections are fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cannot-download-defender-updates/243777e4-1c88-42f9-a8f3-145eaef141a3
  10. cannot download or update apps on windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cannot download or update apps on windows: not able to download or update apps on my laptop from windows store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-or-update-apps-on-windows/c50abc0e-b60e-4aac-a749-13ff1b796d50"