Windows 10: Cannot download zip files

Discus and support Cannot download zip files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Cannot download .zip files, click on them brings up a blank page. 50775 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bamp, May 18, 2016.

1. bamp Win User

Cannot download zip files

Cannot download .zip files, click on them brings up a blank page.

:)

2. Synchronising PC suite with Nokia 6124

Professor

Cannot download zip file

Yellow

yellow---01, May 18, 2016
  3. Problem with extension.!UT

!UT files are partially downloaded files. When they are completely downloaded they will change to "rar" or "zip" You cannot open them until they complete.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, can you clarify
    a. How are you trying to download them?
    b. Can you download them, but not open them?
    c. "a blank page" - in which program?

Maybe a screenshot or so would help. Thanks!

dalchina, May 18, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    ..............click on them brings up a blank page..............

I am assuming you meant you cannot OPEN zip files, not download.
    If my supposition is correct, then my answer is :
    You need a program to UN-zip the files before you can open them.
    The most popular program to un-zip is 7 zip.

Here is the 7 Zip download link.
    Make sure you download the correct bit version.

Download

davidhk, May 19, 2016
  6. Try RIGHT click
    select save / save as

Slartybart, May 19, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Note: From at least Win 8, File Explorer can open zip files. You don't need another program, but you may prefer to use a 3rd party program.

What is the icon for your zip files?

(If your problem is OPENING the file, please check your file type association - if necessary, set one by rt clicking the file, 'Open With', Choose another app, make sure you check the box at the bottom, click the program you want to use).

dalchina, May 19, 2016
  8. bamp Win User

No Sir, I know the difference between downloading and opening a file.....I cannot download , I have a program to unzip a file.

9. davidhk Win User
    All zip files or just one particular one that you cannot download ?

Would you mind post a link to a zip file that you cannot download ?

davidhk, May 26, 2016
  10. See if you can download this compressed folder
    It contains a custom Disk Management mmc that I created.

dmDskmgr-vd.zip

I tried a left click - it downloaded the file (Chrome browser)

Try right click / save

What browser are you using?
    Do you have an extension or add-on that opens zip files in the browser?

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot download zip files - Similar Threads - Cannot download zip

2. file cannot be zipped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file cannot be zipped: why does a warning message appear when I try to zip a file "file cannot be compressed as it includes characters that cannot be used in a compressed folder, such as T but the T icon is a small thing that sits lower down on the line of text. please help me try to resolve this...
  3. file cannot be zipped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file cannot be zipped: why does a warning message appear when I try to zip a file "file cannot be compressed as it includes characters that cannot be used in a compressed folder, such as T but the T icon is a small thing that sits lower down on the line of text. please help me try to resolve this...
  4. file cannot be zipped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. on download zip file some files deleted

on download zip file some files deleted: I wanted to package my OS this evening, Then I saw weird behaviour. Whenever I download a zip file, Some files get deleted, Is there a way to fix this? Yes storage sense is on, But it runs at low disk space while my free disk space is 108 GB....
  6. Downloading a zip file

Downloading a zip file: I purchased turbo tax online and keep getting the error below while trying to install it, what should I do? Thank You! could not write value DefaultTokenId to key...
  7. Cannot zip a file

Cannot zip a file: For some dumb reason I can't zip up my file of a project. I clicked the option to send that file into a compressed zipped file but it wouldn't carry that option out, as if I never clicked the option. What the fluff is going on???...
  8. Cannot open zip files

Cannot open zip files: So I've read some other posts, and tried some of the solutions and it still hasn't brought me closer to opening a zip file. I have Windows 10 Home. Not sure what else would be pertinent to include, but let me know if there is something. I have made sure my Windows is...
  9. cannot open a zip file after MS Download

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot open a zip file after MS Download: I don't know why but maybe after a update of MS I cannot open any .zip file I need. It simply copies itself. Can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-a-zip-file-after-ms-download/e9b521dc-1e9f-4ba7-819d-ed2a2a026442
  10. Zip file downloads.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Zip file downloads.: I have been struggling with tweaking my newly restored Win 10. Nearly every set of instructions that I follow is wrong. I am continuously downloading the same program repeatedly. I am doing tasks two or three times before it fully responds. It can't be just me. To...