Windows 10: Cannot drag a document/web page etc to the other monitor

Discus and support Cannot drag a document/web page etc to the other monitor in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This worked: Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break to open System. Step 2: Choose Advanced system settings. Step 3: Click Settings in Performance. Step 4:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Arro, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Arro Win User

Cannot drag a document/web page etc to the other monitor

This worked:

Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break to open System.
    Step 2: Choose Advanced system settings.
    Step 3: Click Settings in Performance.
    Step 4: In the Performance Options window, deselect Show window contents while dragging, and then hit OK.

:)

2. Building a Web Page Help

I am building a web page for my store and i admit its not my strong point. I have used Dreamweaver CS4 and the site when uploaded to the server does not show the frames i used to design the web page.

Any suggestions?

CybertechComputerz, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Opening web pages in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Which web browser are you using?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Open the Web page.
    • Click on Gear icon at the top right corner.
    • Click on File and select Save as
    • You can save in different format.
    • Open file Explorer select and right click on web page which is saved in File Explorer.
    • Select open with and Select WordPad or notepad.
    • There you will be able to Edit .

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot drag a document/web page etc to the other monitor - Similar Threads - Cannot drag document

2. Web Pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Pages: HiWhy do i keep seeing page not responding when looking at a website.Little circle keeps spinning.on topTHANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-pages/5a964af9-02cf-43bf-baf2-a56d037d49d6
  3. Web Pages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Pages: HiWhy do i keep seeing page not responding when looking at a website.Little circle keeps spinning.on topTHANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-pages/5a964af9-02cf-43bf-baf2-a56d037d49d6
  4. Web Pages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Creation of user that cannot access web pages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creation of user that cannot access web pages: I would like to create a user in my windows 10 Home 64 bit, that will not have access to certain pages. For example I would like to create a non-admin user that would not be able to access the youtube but is allowed to access other pages. How can I do that?...
  6. This worked: CANNOT DRAG A DOCUMENT/WEB PAGE ETC TO THE OTHER MONITOR

This worked: CANNOT DRAG A DOCUMENT/WEB PAGE ETC TO THE OTHER MONITOR: CANNOT DRAG A DOCUMENT/WEB PAGE ETC TO THE OTHER MONITOR Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break to open System. Step 2: Choose Advanced system settings. Step 3: Click Settings in Performance. Step 4: In the Performance Options window, deselect Show window contents while...
  7. Cannot drag windows, highlight text, etc.

Cannot drag windows, highlight text, etc.: Windows 10, Dell Optiplex 3040 Computer is up to date, drivers for Logitech keyboard and mouse are up to date. I've tried adjusting mouse and keyboard settings, running the troubleshooter, etc. I restore the computer to 2/11/19 since it was working last week just fine but...
  8. Web pages not loading properly on one monitor but fine on the other?

in Browsers and Email
    Web pages not loading properly on one monitor but fine on the other?: I have a dual screen setup of a Sony Bravia and a standard LCD monitor. The television is connected to a Raedon R9 via hdmi and the monitor is connected to my ASUS P8Z77-V vga port. I have updated both drivers to the most up to date, the monitor is using IntelHD4000. I use...
  9. Edge: Drag Web Page Shortcut?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Drag Web Page Shortcut?: One of the things I use a lot with Internet Explorer is dragging a shortcut from the address bar to the Desktop (actually shift-dragging, or it makes a silly .website shortcut). How can I do this in Edge? 9525
  10. Trouble Dragging Excel Page Across Dual Monitor Screens

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Trouble Dragging Excel Page Across Dual Monitor Screens: I haven't been able to figure out why my Excel pages resist being dragged across my dual monitor screens without first being minimized. "Drag and Drop" movement across monitor screens works for all my other applications. Anyone has a clue on this? Thanks. 47624