Windows 10: cannot "drag & drop" file attachment into Outlook 2013 in Win 10

Discus and support cannot "drag & drop" file attachment into Outlook 2013 in Win 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All. Two issues that may be related? 1) after upgrading to Win 10 (I use office 365) I can no longer Drag & Drop a file into a message body, but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rob770, Sep 21, 2015.

1. rob770 Win User

cannot "drag & drop" file attachment into Outlook 2013 in Win 10

Hi All. Two issues that may be related?

1) after upgrading to Win 10 (I use office 365) I can no longer Drag & Drop a file into a message body, but it will allow by using the "attach file" tool in Outlook 2013.

2) the Windows Desktop Search is no longer active making those fast, live searches available, like searching thru my Sent folder. The Add In is disabled but when I enable it, and restart Outlook, it goes back to being a disabled Add In

:)

rob770, Sep 21, 2015

2. Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

• I have been on Win 10 and Edge since June 2016.
    • I was able to drag and drop files in a SP2013 document library until today.
    • I tried it with OneDrive with the same result. I can no longer drag and drop to upload files.

Repeat: Drag and drop worked in my SharePoint 2013 libraries and OneDrive until today.

Was there a recent Win 10 or Edge update that may have broken drag and drop?

Len Gilbert BOTW, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Can't add attachments in Gmail (Windows 10)

Again, not having an issue -- three Win 10 computers, all work. Cannot drag and drop but clicking on the "paper clip" icon allows me to choose files to attach. This does not work for you?

DHFranzoni, Sep 21, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

You were probably trying to drop a file that was too large for your email provider to send. I just dropped a file into an email and sent it to myself, it worked. But I'm limited to 10mb it seems, Apple Email acct. So check your settings, see if you might have tripped any permissions that deny dropping a file into an email.

As far as desktop search, try starting Cortana, once it changes to a circle, then you can right click on it and up at the top it says "Cortana>Show Search Box" click that to get your search box back.

(Edit) actually, no, it's not the same search box from pre-Cortana. I had a Search Box there, when I started Cortana, it took over that area.

XweAponX, Sep 21, 2015
  5. rob770 Win User
    thanks for taking the time to post. In this case it's not the file size issue. I'll keep trying....

rob770, Sep 21, 2015
  6. XweAponX Win User
    Well it worked for me with the new email and its own window or embedded in the outlook interface. I was able to drop right into it. So it's got to be a setting there's got to be a setting somewhere that you flipped and now it's not letting you do it.

XweAponX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. cannot "drag & drop" file attachment into Outlook 2013 in Win 10 - Similar Threads - cannot drag drop

2. Cannot drag and drop/transfer files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot drag and drop/transfer files in Windows 10: Idk when it started but I cannot drag and drop files, copy and paste them anywhere or transfer them at all. Has anyone experienced this before and if so how did you fix it? submitted by /u/PappaG21 [link] [comments]...
  3. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and drop files: i have a touch pad thing and i cant drag and drop files into a diffrent folder how do i do this please help me, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-files/834e0054-f3ba-477b-839c-d09481300874
  4. Drag and drop files into cmd using win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and drop files into cmd using win 10: I see many threads asking why this will not work in windows 10, all are locked, so providing an answer is not possible. I find this rather irritating largely due to the fact that none of the threads have any clear solution other than run a scan that invariably results in...
  5. Drag n Drop in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag n Drop in Win 10: Can you drag & drop files from one Explorer window to another? This is by right clicking the file and moving it holding the mouse down, then release in the target location. It's always worked for me in XP but Win 10 does not. It will however, r-click copy and then r-click...
  6. Cannot Drag&Drop Files from a WinRar Window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Drag&Drop Files from a WinRar Window: I can drag files from Explorer to WinRar or from the Desktop to WinRar, however I cannot drag and drop any files from WinRar onto the Desktop or into Explorer. I used to be able to do it but all of a sudden it stopped working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling WinRar to...
  7. Microsoft adds drag and drop support to Chrome for attachments from Outlook

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft adds drag and drop support to Chrome for attachments from Outlook: As per the latest findings, Microsoft appears to be working on several new features for the Chromium-based browsers. Late last week, a commit revealed that Microsoft is helping the Chromium-browsers to support the Windows 10’s system styling for captions displayed in a video....
  8. Windows 10 Drag/Drop any file to Word 2013 and 2016 fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Drag/Drop any file to Word 2013 and 2016 fails: Topic: I want to be able to drag a file from explorer, desktop, web browser link, etc; into Word 2013 and/or 2016. Software of importance Windows 10 x64 Office 2013 x64 Office 2016 x64 So to start off after upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10, I was no...
  9. Drag and drop attachment

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop attachment: With Win7, I could right click on the taskbar icon, pick up a previous file and drag it into my gmail to attach. Not an option with Win10- any way to do this with a work-around?? thanks Jeff 50882
  10. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop files: [img] when dragging files in win 10 the icon is so big that u can not see where u r dragging to. Is there a way to turn this feature off ? IN THE SCREEN CAPTURE WHEN I DRAG A FILE THIS ICON GOES WITH THE DRAGGING FILE AND MAKE IT HARD TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE DROPPING IT....