Windows 10: Cannot Drag&Drop Files from a WinRar Window

Discus and support Cannot Drag&Drop Files from a WinRar Window in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can drag files from Explorer to WinRar or from the Desktop to WinRar, however I cannot drag and drop any files from WinRar onto the Desktop or into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Puckuu, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Puckuu Win User

Cannot Drag&Drop Files from a WinRar Window

I can drag files from Explorer to WinRar or from the Desktop to WinRar, however I cannot drag and drop any files from WinRar onto the Desktop or into Explorer. I used to be able to do it but all of a sudden it stopped working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling WinRar to see if it would do anything but it didn't, this issue has persisted through restarts and shut downs. I use Windows 7 and the latest version of WinRar.

:)

Puckuu, Nov 24, 2019

2. Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Win User
  4. Cannot Drag&Drop Files from a WinRar Window

Drag and Drop

When using "Drag and Drop":
    • "Alt + left mouse button" to create a Link/Shortcut
    • "Ctrl + left mouse button" to Copy the file
    • "Shift + left mouse button" to Move the file

lehnerus2000, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Drag&Drop Files from a WinRar Window

1. Cannot Drag&Drop Files from a WinRar Window - Similar Threads - Cannot Drag&Drop Files

2. Drag and Drop Windows / Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and Drop Windows / Files: In Windows 10, you could have an application open and maximized such as a Word Document, PDF, etc. and you could just drag and drop it to another area, such as the 2nd screen without any issues. As soon as you clicked to drag it, it would just minimize itself not minimize as...
  3. Drag and Drop Windows / Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and Drop Windows / Files: In Windows 10, you could have an application open and maximized such as a Word Document, PDF, etc. and you could just drag and drop it to another area, such as the 2nd screen without any issues. As soon as you clicked to drag it, it would just minimize itself not minimize as...
  4. Drag and drop freezing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop freezing files: Same problem as hereNew tab reddit.comWhat i do:1 Repair windows files2 Recovery windows3 update windows4 Reset windows5 Custon install windows6 Full wipe and then install windows.7 Full clean install and then reset for "factory" windows...NOTHING... Please help...
  5. Cannot drag and drop/transfer files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot drag and drop/transfer files in Windows 10: Idk when it started but I cannot drag and drop files, copy and paste them anywhere or transfer them at all. Has anyone experienced this before and if so how did you fix it? submitted by /u/PappaG21 [link] [comments]...
  6. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and drop files: i have a touch pad thing and i cant drag and drop files into a diffrent folder how do i do this please help me, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-files/834e0054-f3ba-477b-839c-d09481300874
  7. Unable to drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to drag and drop files: I use MacOS Catalina 10.15. and have an issue with drag and drop files into the OneDrive sidebar folder in Finder. I've given access to my entire disk in Security & Privacy, but it still won't work. Any suggestions?...
  8. Cannot Drag And Drop From Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Drag And Drop From Firefox: Hello all, This question involves Windows Server 2016. I post on this forum because of its similarities with Windows 10. Hopefully there is a similar fix. The issue is I am not able to drag content from Firefox and drop it onto my desktop or any other application. I tried...
  9. Cannot Drag&Drop Files from a WinRar Window

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Drag&Drop Files from a WinRar Window: I can drag files from Explorer to WinRar or from the Desktop to WinRar, however I cannot drag and drop any files from WinRar onto the Desktop or into Explorer. I used to be able to do it but all of a sudden it stopped working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling WinRar to...
  10. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop files: [img] when dragging files in win 10 the icon is so big that u can not see where u r dragging to. Is there a way to turn this feature off ? IN THE SCREEN CAPTURE WHEN I DRAG A FILE THIS ICON GOES WITH THE DRAGGING FILE AND MAKE IT HARD TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE DROPPING IT....