Windows 10: Cannot drag file to app in the taskbar

Discus and support Cannot drag file to app in the taskbar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As you can see in the picture I cannot drag and open files to the apps in the taskbarEx: html files to a browser, txt files to a text editor. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hellscythe08, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Cannot drag file to app in the taskbar

As you can see in the picture I cannot drag and open files to the apps in the taskbarEx: html files to a browser, txt files to a text editor. I am having this problem since I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10. In windows 10, It will automatically open the window when you hover over the app icon while dragging the file. This feature is very helpful when opening files from file explorer without changing the default or current file opener. Is there a way in the settings to enable this? Right now I need to minimize the window partially in order to drag the files to the browser or text edito

:)

Hellscythe08, Dec 3, 2021

2. How to drag and move the taskbar on Windows 10?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are unable to move the right side vertical boundary of Start menu. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Right click on the Task bar
    and uncheck the option Lock the Taskbar and then try to drag and move the Taskbar to the location you wish.

Step 2: If above step fails, right click on Taskbar and click on
    Properties.

Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window opens, select the location under the drop down menu of
    Taskbar location on screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Dec 3, 2021
  3. WIndows 10 - Cannot Drag Pinned File from Taskbar to Copy to Location

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please use the feedback app to provide us your valuable suggestion.

Steps to go to feedback app:

• Go to search tab

• Type Windows feedback

• Click the App

• Drop your message

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 3, 2021
  4. Cannot drag file to app in the taskbar

My Taskbar suddenly stretched out

Hello,

I realize that the Taskbar is stretched or extended in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and check if the Lock the Taskbar
      is checked.
    • If it is checked, uncheck it and drag the taskbar down
      and check the taskbar to lock the taskbar again.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the taskbar issue is resolved. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

Cannot drag file to app in the taskbar

1. Cannot drag file to app in the taskbar - Similar Threads - Cannot drag file

2. drag file to icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drag file to icon in taskbar: Hi Trying to add a file to an email. usually with windows 10 you drag and hover over the Outlook icon in the taskbar then it opens and you drop it in the email. Now when you drag it to the outlook icon nothing happens???!?? Please do not tell me this does not exist in Windows...
  3. drag file to icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drag file to icon in taskbar: Hi Trying to add a file to an email. usually with windows 10 you drag and hover over the Outlook icon in the taskbar then it opens and you drop it in the email. Now when you drag it to the outlook icon nothing happens???!?? Please do not tell me this does not exist in Windows...
  4. Dragging Files between Applications via Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dragging Files between Applications via Taskbar: In Windows 10, you could drag a file such as an image from one application, hover over another application in the taskbar with it, then drag it into one of those pop-up minimized application windows to copy or move it between applications.In Windows 11, it seems the taskbar...
  5. Dragging Files between Applications via Taskbar

Dragging Files between Applications via Taskbar: In Windows 10, you could drag a file such as an image from one application, hover over another application in the taskbar with it, then drag it into one of those pop-up minimized application windows to copy or move it between applications.In Windows 11, it seems the taskbar...
  6. Cannot drag file to app in the taskbar

Cannot drag file to app in the taskbar: As you can see in the picture I cannot drag and open files to the apps in the taskbarEx: html files to a browser, txt files to a text editor. I am having this problem since I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10. In windows 10, It will automatically open the window when you...
  7. Dragging items in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dragging items in taskbar: In windows 11, dragging pics , docs to browser or other window is disabled. Is there any particular reason for it. If its a problem from my side , how can i rectify it. Or when will it be back in upcoming software updates???...
  8. WIndows 10 - Cannot Drag Pinned File from Taskbar to Copy to Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 - Cannot Drag Pinned File from Taskbar to Copy to Location: I know this has been an issue for others since 2015 but I would still like to know why it hasn't been fixed- at least 300 people had the same question since then. Is there a way to copy swipe documents direct from the pinned task bar to a different folder with out changing...
  9. Cannot Drag files from Windows Mail

Cannot Drag files from Windows Mail: Hi, I have windows 10 and am using Windows Mail Version 16005.11231.20192.0. I cannot drag an email attachment out of an email to a file on my computer. I was always able to do this with outlook. Is there a fix? This is a very debilitating problem. Jeff...
  10. Cannot drag on touch in windows apps

Cannot drag on touch in windows apps: I have a Surface Book. The problem is in Microsoft Store apps, I cannot drag on touch (It scrolls instead.) Please help me, I am using a drawing app. Tapping works fine though. Thanks!...