Windows 10: Cannot drag from one screen to another

Discus and support Cannot drag from one screen to another in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Windows 10 on my laptop and recently tried to connect an Acer monitor for an additional screen using an HDMI cable. 1. Followed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jogoo2019, Sep 14, 2020.

1. jogoo2019 Win User

Cannot drag from one screen to another

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 on my laptop and recently tried to connect an Acer monitor for an additional screen using an HDMI cable.

1. Followed online instructions.

2. Acer monitor shows desks with no icons but has an active taskbar.

3. On occasion, the mouse will move over to Acer monitor

4. Cannot display anything on Acer monitor, however, when creating an action on Acer monitor it will show on my laptop screen.

5. Cannot drag anything over to Acer monitor.

Help, please.

:)

jogoo2019, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Cannot drag from one screen to another

Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Cannot drag from one screen to another

1. Cannot drag from one screen to another - Similar Threads - Cannot drag screen

2. Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly: I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have two monitors. I have no problem with respect to their orientation re which is monitor 1 and 2. Moving the mouse from left to right, right to left is correct.My issue is moving a window from one monitor to the other. When I grab the top...
  3. Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly: I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have two monitors. I have no problem with respect to their orientation re which is monitor 1 and 2. Moving the mouse from left to right, right to left is correct.My issue is moving a window from one monitor to the other. When I grab the top...
  4. Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. why can't i drag and place windows They jump from one place to another

why can't i drag and place windows They jump from one place to another: when you want to move a tab it doesn't follow the curser but it just teleport to the place the curser is at when you let go of the click i wonder if there is a fix for this i have tried this but i don't have the option in the setting i wonder if there is a different way....
  6. Issue dragging from one monitor to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue dragging from one monitor to another: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 with the latest version of Chrome as my browser. This is an issue that only started today or at least I only noticed it today. I can drag google chrome tabs from one monitor to another but certain other things I can not. For...
  7. Drag and drop often does not work from one program to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop often does not work from one program to another: When I try to drag and drop files to copy, move them to another program or a link from the browser to a file manager to copy the link location and so on it often is not possible (sometimes it works, sometimes it does not, although the programs always are the sames), this sign...
  8. Drag and drop email from one folder to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and drop email from one folder to another: I am trying to move a file from one folder to another personal folder and is not working. When I open up the personal folder the latest emails are a month old. Why can't I move these files and view them?...
  9. Can't disable docking of window dragged from one monitor to another

Can't disable docking of window dragged from one monitor to another: I've already disabled the "Snap" feature in Settings => System => Multi-tasking. This turns off docking *within* a single monitor, but does nothing to disable docking of windows dragged from one monitor to another. EVERY time I drag a window from one monitor to another, it...
  10. dragging messages from one account to another

in Browsers and Email
    dragging messages from one account to another: I have used Windows Live Mail 2012 in Windows 7 for a few years; most of my activity is in two Hotmail/Outlook accounts. One useful feature was the ability to move messages from one account to the other -- I kept all my archived messages under one account, no matter which one...