Windows 10: Cannot drag recent/pinned documents from the Taskbar into New Email

Discus and support Cannot drag recent/pinned documents from the Taskbar into New Email in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, My problem is that I cannot drag an Excel/Word file from the Recent window (right-click on Task bar icon) into an Outlook email. I could do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Karlskii, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Karlskii Win User

Cannot drag recent/pinned documents from the Taskbar into New Email

Hi all,

My problem is that I cannot drag an Excel/Word file from the Recent window (right-click on Task bar icon) into an Outlook email. I could do this in Win 7 but now my work has upgraded and I seem to have lost this amazing shortcut...

I cannot find a solution, just that this feature was removed in Win 10.. Surely there are others with a similar issue to me? *Smile

Kind regards,

Karl

:)

Karlskii, Jun 21, 2017

2. Pinned shortcuts won't work in Windows 10

This is still unresolved. I can't unpin any documents and new recent files don't appear in the list. I have managed to pin a new file to the recent excel list by dragging and dropping the file onto the excel icon in the task bar, but can't then permanently
    pin it by clicking on the pin icon.

This is most frustrating.

Malcolm Green FD, Jun 21, 2017
  3. How to pin a WEBSTITE ADDRESS (in Edge) to my taskbar?

How can I pin a WEBSTITE ADDRESS(in Edge)to my desktop taskbar?

Specifically, Face Book. I want it to open in Edge.

Just recently upgraded to Windows 10 which uses Edge and I cannot drag & Drop to add a website to my taskbar.

DebbieT_1219, Jun 21, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

To be honest, I had not realised this was possible. Now I know, I can see how useful it is. Please add this as a request in the Feedback app to Microsoft.

You can still drag files from within a file explorer window but not from the recent files list of the taskbar icons or start menu items. Perhaps others can comment if there is a work around for this.

philc43, Jun 21, 2017
  5. Karlskii Win User
    Hi,

Thanks for your response.

It seems that Outlook 2013 has a built-in work around by allowing Recent Files to be added via the Attach File button within the New Mail window. Neat.

Cannot drag recent/pinned documents from the Taskbar into New Email [​IMG]

It seems like this is the replacement for the previous drag and drop from the task bar function as it works in pretty much the same way

This topic can be closed if necessary.

Thanks again to @philc43 for the reply

Karlskii, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot drag recent/pinned documents from the Taskbar into New Email - Similar Threads - Cannot drag recent

2. Cannot drag file to app in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot drag file to app in the taskbar: As you can see in the picture I cannot drag and open files to the apps in the taskbarEx: html files to a browser, txt files to a text editor. I am having this problem since I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10. In windows 10, It will automatically open the window when you...
  3. Cannot drag file to app in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot drag file to app in the taskbar: As you can see in the picture I cannot drag and open files to the apps in the taskbarEx: html files to a browser, txt files to a text editor. I am having this problem since I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10. In windows 10, It will automatically open the window when you...
  4. Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar: Hi,under Windows 10 I could drag & drop any file e.g. docx or xlsx to the Word/Excel icon, which is pinned on my taskbar. When righ-clicking on the Excel icon, I could see my pinned Excel files. Same with Word: I saw all my pinned documents. Windows 11 doesn't let me drag &...
  5. Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar: Hi,under Windows 10 I could drag & drop any file e.g. docx or xlsx to the Word/Excel icon, which is pinned on my taskbar. When righ-clicking on the Excel icon, I could see my pinned Excel files. Same with Word: I saw all my pinned documents. Windows 11 doesn't let me drag &...
  6. WIndows 10 - Cannot Drag Pinned File from Taskbar to Copy to Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 - Cannot Drag Pinned File from Taskbar to Copy to Location: I know this has been an issue for others since 2015 but I would still like to know why it hasn't been fixed- at least 300 people had the same question since then. Is there a way to copy swipe documents direct from the pinned task bar to a different folder with out changing...
  7. Recent documents not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent documents not showing on taskbar: Hello. My recent documents are not showing up on the taskbar. I've tried several solutions and nothing seemed to work. The "quick access" is activated and working, showing the recent files. The option " Show Recently opened ..." on Start settings is activated as well....
  8. Documents won't open from recent list on taskbar

Documents won't open from recent list on taskbar: I have applications (e.g. Word, Excel) pinned to the taskbar. You used to be able to click on a list of recent documents and then that would open the document. Now after the latest W10 Feature update, when you click on any of the documents nothing happens. The application...
  9. Cannot pin to Taskbar

Cannot pin to Taskbar: I have a brand new HP Pavilion laptop. Why is there no Pin to Taskbar? When I bought my new PC I believed I would have all my usual functions plus up to date facilities of a new machine. I my pc faulty or is it Microsoft being mean for the sake of it?...
  10. Will 'Documents' pin to taskbar in 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will 'Documents' pin to taskbar in 10?: Wonder if this will work in 10? Configure Shortcut thusly: ==================================== Target: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\WINWORD.EXE" C: \Users\Pam\Documents\PHONE.DOC Start In: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot drag from taskbar

2. can you attach a document from the pinned area into an email

3. windows 10 cant drag and drop pinned excel files into outlook

4. drag pinned recent docs into email windows 10,
  5. drag pinned files from task bar to email