Windows 10: Cannot draw with Mouse in Whiteboard

Discus and support Cannot draw with Mouse in Whiteboard in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to draw with the mouse on my Laptop in MS Whiteboard. Please advise how to enable this feature. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PietervdW, Mar 23, 2020.

1. PietervdW Win User

Cannot draw with Mouse in Whiteboard

I am unable to draw with the mouse on my Laptop in MS Whiteboard.

Please advise how to enable this feature.

Thanks

:)

PietervdW, Mar 23, 2020

2. Windows 10. Windows Ink workspace. Whiteboard. Can’t draw.

My device. Aspire A315-53

Microsoft Whiteboard. 19.11216.4665.0

Reporting IDs

Whiteboard-ID: e31a3c23-337e-468c-817a-40e100a91170

Correlation ID: 0HLT24NKIN2AA:00000002

Can choose: LINEAL

Can choose: PEN. But drawing is not possible. Neither with a mouse nor with a touchpad.

I've already made numerous drawings. A couple of time before.

Using a mouse or touchpad. Without touchscreen.

The end of DRAWING is only since January 24th, 2020, around 4 p.m.

The drawings that have already been created can be moved, deleted or edited with a magic wand. Photos and notes can be inserted and edited.

Everything OK, but unfortunately suddenly no longer working with pens.

Note

In the "full screen section (cut and sketch)". Everything works, even the freehand drawing.

Objects created here can copy-past to the whiteboard can be moved, edited. Objects containing “drawings” made in "full screen section (cut and sketch)" can’t be edited. Drawing tools do not work in whiteboard.

Is this an error or intention of the program design?

2020-02-17

Whiteboard Works:

Version 20.10127.4764.0

(new) view beginning of post.

Berichterstellungs-IDs

Whiteboard-ID: 7cb28da5-6459-4c0b-8ddd-87d7621ecf49

Korrelations-ID: 0HLTHSU58SNCF:00000001

UlrichKaiser, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft Whiteboard app version 19.11125.0 for iOS - December 18

Source: Microsoft Whiteboard on the App Store

Brink, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Cannot draw with Mouse in Whiteboard

Windows 10. Windows Ink workspace. Whiteboard. Can’t draw.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to use the Pen feature on Whiteboard to draw and it stopped working since January 24, 2020.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes done on the PC, related to driver updates or Windows update on or just before 24th Jan?

Please provide us the screenshot of the Update history page from Settings>Updates & Security>Windows Updates.
    (Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Cannot draw with Mouse in Whiteboard

1. Cannot draw with Mouse in Whiteboard - Similar Threads - Cannot draw Mouse

2. Whiteboard cannot show recent boards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whiteboard cannot show recent boards: When I go into the app appears a message telling that cannot show recent boards and I see the boards but not updatedWhen I try to open any board a message appears An error occurred while processing your requestWe encountered an unknown errorReference Id: I was working in a...
  3. Mouse drawing to much power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse drawing to much power: Today I was just going on my windows 11 computer when I wasn't able to use my mouse, before it worked fine, but suddenly I gotten a error message telling me it was drawing to much power from the USB port, it was weird as I didn't expect a mouse to be able to draw that much...
  4. Mouse drawing to much power

Mouse drawing to much power: Today I was just going on my windows 11 computer when I wasn't able to use my mouse, before it worked fine, but suddenly I gotten a error message telling me it was drawing to much power from the USB port, it was weird as I didn't expect a mouse to be able to draw that much...
  5. Rotating the ruler in whiteboard without a mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotating the ruler in whiteboard without a mouse: I am using whiteboard with a drawing pad/pen instead of the mouse. This means I do not have a scrollwheel, yet this seems to be the only way to rotate the ruler in whiteboard. I have tried using the alt+arrow keys as suggested elsehwere, but this has no effect. Is there...
  6. Microsoft Whiteboard: how to rotate a composite drawing

Microsoft Whiteboard: how to rotate a composite drawing: When drawing in Whiteboard, a completed drawing often consists of multiple elements, or objects. Single objects can be rotated, but a selection of multiple objects does not have the rotation handle. How can I rotate a composite drawing without having to rotate and move each...
  7. Whiteboard Mouse cursor

Whiteboard Mouse cursor: Why the mouse cursor is not changing to pen or cross when using Whiteboard like when using paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whiteboard-mouse-cursor/fa20ef60-c18e-4e51-9414-6ad6af8ce0d0
  8. My drawing tablet works only as a mouse an draws only in the drawing program that the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My drawing tablet works only as a mouse an draws only in the drawing program that the...: Hello so i have this problem a girl gave me her old drawing tablet that is a wacom intuos comic the old version and i installed the latest driver through the official wacom website.The installation went smooth and it tells me I installed it perfectly. I'm able to use it as a...
  9. Windows 10. Windows Ink workspace. Whiteboard. Can’t draw.

Windows 10. Windows Ink workspace. Whiteboard. Can’t draw.: My device. Aspire A315-53 Microsoft Whiteboard. 19.11216.4665.0 Reporting IDs Whiteboard-ID: e31a3c23-337e-468c-817a-40e100a91170 Correlation ID: 0HLT24NKIN2AA:00000002 Can choose: LINEAL Can choose: PEN. But drawing is not possible. Neither with a mouse nor with a...
  10. Cannot record mouse cursor on Microsoft Whiteboard

Cannot record mouse cursor on Microsoft Whiteboard: I use Badicam for record screen by Microsoft Whiteboard but i cannot record mouse cursor Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-record-mouse-cursor-on-microsoft-whiteboard/8504cd81-8e9c-49bf-a3e6-0efa1216957c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whiteboard mouse not inking

2. draw on microsoft whiteboard laptop

3. drawing on MS whiteboard with mouse

4. how to use microsoft whiteboard draw with mouse,
  5. draw on whiteboard without a pen,
  6. unable to use the pen function in ms whiteboard on laptop,
  7. why im i not able to write on whiteboard,
  8. how to draw on whiteboard with mouse,
  9. how to draw on whiteboard with a mouse,
  10. microsoft whiteboard draw with mouse,
  11. microsoft whiteboard freehand with laptop touchpad,