Windows 10: Cannot draw with Mouse in Whiteboard

Discus and support Cannot draw with Mouse in Whiteboard in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to draw with the mouse on my Laptop in MS Whiteboard. Please advise how to enable this feature. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PietervdW, Mar 23, 2020 at 9:12 AM.

1. PietervdW Win User

Cannot draw with Mouse in Whiteboard

I am unable to draw with the mouse on my Laptop in MS Whiteboard.

Please advise how to enable this feature.

Thanks

:)

2. Windows 10. Windows Ink workspace. Whiteboard. Can’t draw.

My device. Aspire A315-53

Microsoft Whiteboard. 19.11216.4665.0

Reporting IDs

Whiteboard-ID: e31a3c23-337e-468c-817a-40e100a91170

Correlation ID: 0HLT24NKIN2AA:00000002

Can choose: LINEAL

Can choose: PEN. But drawing is not possible. Neither with a mouse nor with a touchpad.

I've already made numerous drawings. A couple of time before.

Using a mouse or touchpad. Without touchscreen.

The end of DRAWING is only since January 24th, 2020, around 4 p.m.

The drawings that have already been created can be moved, deleted or edited with a magic wand. Photos and notes can be inserted and edited.

Everything OK, but unfortunately suddenly no longer working with pens.

Note

In the "full screen section (cut and sketch)". Everything works, even the freehand drawing.

Objects created here can copy-past to the whiteboard can be moved, edited. Objects containing “drawings” made in "full screen section (cut and sketch)" can’t be edited. Drawing tools do not work in whiteboard.

Is this an error or intention of the program design?

2020-02-17

Whiteboard Works:

Version 20.10127.4764.0

(new) view beginning of post.

Berichterstellungs-IDs

Whiteboard-ID: 7cb28da5-6459-4c0b-8ddd-87d7621ecf49

Korrelations-ID: 0HLTHSU58SNCF:00000001

UlrichKaiser, Mar 23, 2020 at 9:13 AM
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft Whiteboard app version 19.11125.0 for iOS - December 18

Source: Microsoft Whiteboard on the App Store

4. Cannot draw with Mouse in Whiteboard

Windows 10. Windows Ink workspace. Whiteboard. Can’t draw.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to use the Pen feature on Whiteboard to draw and it stopped working since January 24, 2020.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes done on the PC, related to driver updates or Windows update on or just before 24th Jan?

Please provide us the screenshot of the Update history page from Settings>Updates & Security>Windows Updates.
    (Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Thema:

Cannot draw with Mouse in Whiteboard

1. Cannot draw with Mouse in Whiteboard - Similar Threads - Cannot draw Mouse

2. My drawing tablet works only as a mouse an draws only in the drawing program that the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My drawing tablet works only as a mouse an draws only in the drawing program that the...: Hello so i have this problem a girl gave me her old drawing tablet that is a wacom intuos comic the old version and i installed the latest driver through the official wacom website.The installation went smooth and it tells me I installed it perfectly. I'm able to use it as a...
  3. Windows 10. Windows Ink workspace. Whiteboard. Can’t draw.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10. Windows Ink workspace. Whiteboard. Can’t draw.: My device. Aspire A315-53 Microsoft Whiteboard. 19.11216.4665.0 Reporting IDs Whiteboard-ID: e31a3c23-337e-468c-817a-40e100a91170 Correlation ID: 0HLT24NKIN2AA:00000002 Can choose: LINEAL Can choose: PEN. But drawing is not possible. Neither with a mouse nor with a...
  4. Direct Draw

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct Draw: Hi, I am trying to play this game that I downloaded but everytime i open it, this alert comes up, "InitDirectDraw, pSPrimary CreateSurface - Unable to create an DirectDraw Surface. Game shutting down - DDERR_NODIRECTDRAWHW - A hardware only DirectDraw object creation was...
  5. Whiteboard

Whiteboard: When I am trying to sign in to Whiteboard on the web, this happened. Also in the app version, it says couldn't sync. What happened? It works normally a couple days ago.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whiteboard/b76529ac-f5e7-41ac-82cc-36fb91309abf
  6. Cannot record mouse cursor on Microsoft Whiteboard

Cannot record mouse cursor on Microsoft Whiteboard: I use Badicam for record screen by Microsoft Whiteboard but i cannot record mouse cursor Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-record-mouse-cursor-on-microsoft-whiteboard/8504cd81-8e9c-49bf-a3e6-0efa1216957c
  7. Drawing

Drawing: Hi Community..... Is it possible to draw circuit diagrams using Microsoft Paint? Thanks and Regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drawing/a279ff47-9c65-4734-ad2b-77341137caf2
  8. Draw in photos

Draw in photos: I have only 6 colours when I will draw? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/draw-in-photos/f992087b-f5a1-4257-a239-53d443320ae7
  9. Corel Draw

Corel Draw: Hi there I have been offered a complete version of Corel Draw Graphic Suite 12. Is it compatible with Windows 10? Rob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/corel-draw/39139d60-51c4-4d4a-bb41-057afaa59fb0
  10. Cannot draw anymore in Sticky Notes v1.17

Cannot draw anymore in Sticky Notes v1.17: After the reason update using the touchscreen simply selects the sticky note, instead of drawing. Windows 10. 60929