Windows 10: Cannot Edit Anything in Security Center

Discus and support Cannot Edit Anything in Security Center in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting Event 16 errors where it seems that any changes to my anti-virus Bitdefender won't properly be recognized by the Security Center.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DJKennedy90, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Cannot Edit Anything in Security Center

I keep getting Event 16 errors where it seems that any changes to my anti-virus Bitdefender won't properly be recognized by the Security Center.

"Error while updating Bitdefender Antivirus status to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON."

So, I ran services.msc to see if I could do something about it, but as stated, I've discovered that I cannot do anything to edit any property of Security Center. Everything is basically greyed out.

Would appreciate assistance!

Cannot Edit Anything in Security Center 88567c33-9bd7-46e4-9023-21fbe51f423f?upload=true.png

:)

DJKennedy90, Jan 25, 2020

2. Windows keeps turning off the security center.

Hi Maninder,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type Services.msc then hit enter.
    • Services Console will appear.
    • Find Security Center Service on the right details pane > right click it choose properties >
    • Security Center Properties should appear > on the General Tab
    set start-up type to automatic (Delayed start)

• On service Status Stop and then Start.

If this does not works & error still continues then there are more chances that your system is infected

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with Security Center. Your reply is important to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Cannot Edit Anything in Security Center

Windows 10 Security Center Service can't be started

I am also having a probem starting windows security center. When I did the following step: I found the following disabled:

Security center properties

Windows update properties

Security center WSCSV

Remote registry

net.tcp port sharing

internet connection sharing

COMODO LPS launcher

COMODO Internet security

Auto time zone update

Should these be enabled and if so how do I enable them?

I have no defense toward any threats at this time. Please help!!

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.
    • Type “Services.msc” without quotes and press Enter.
    • Locate for Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Check whether the following services are Started and set to Automatic.

vickibaughman, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Edit Anything in Security Center

1. Cannot Edit Anything in Security Center - Similar Threads - Cannot Edit Anything

2. Security Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Center: My win Defender and my whole system is now broken cause of the security center i cant turn it on or restart i cant even update windows ples help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-center/1c12daa7-9691-49cf-8617-36f02b57992b
  3. Security Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Center: My win Defender and my whole system is now broken cause of the security center i cant turn it on or restart i cant even update windows ples help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-center/1c12daa7-9691-49cf-8617-36f02b57992b
  4. Security Center

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot enable Microsoft Defender or the Security Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Microsoft Defender or the Security Center: Hello,I had an IT expert configure and optimize my computer a couple of days ago.I have now realized that one of his actions was to disable multiple services through "services.mcs".This he said was for faster startup and performance. However, I really wish to use Windows...
  6. Cannot enable Microsoft Defender or the Security Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Microsoft Defender or the Security Center: Hello,I had an IT expert configure and optimize my computer a couple of days ago.I have now realized that one of his actions was to disable multiple services through "services.mcs".This he said was for faster startup and performance. However, I really wish to use Windows...
  7. Cannot enable Microsoft Defender or the Security Center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows Defender Security Center doesn't load anything?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Security Center doesn't load anything?: Title. Opening the Security Center from the taskbar opens the window itself, but no options are presented. A couple seconds of waiting are normal, but nothing EVER loads now. Anyone else experiencing the same issue? submitted by /u/Pikman_2 [link] [comments]...
  9. security center

security center: how do i get mcafee security off my pc. i have purchased nortons and installed but i cant get rid of mcafee. it just wont uninstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-center/733b71c2-9c97-4fb0-b0f2-694b1960b649
  10. Security Center

Security Center: Why after any restart does Security Center ask to set up OneDrive. I use personal OneDrive for some personal files, about 500mg of space. I don't need it for anything more. If I open Security Center and click on "Virus Protection" the message goes away, until the next...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 security center properties cant chamge