Windows 10: Cannot edit URL: Error writing the value's new contents.

Discus and support Cannot edit URL: Error writing the value's new contents. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have changed c:\users\Old_Name to c:\users\New_Name, but have an error above when trying to edit in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WoodworkerGreenDog, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Cannot edit URL: Error writing the value's new contents.

I have changed c:\users\Old_Name to c:\users\New_Name, but have an error above when trying to edit in the registry.[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search\CrawlScopeManager\Windows\SystemIndex\DefaultRules\9] "URL"="file:///C:\\[6f804862-93fa-4bca-890c-203d57d40c96]\\Users\\Old_Name\\MicrosoftEdgeBackups\\" I am logged in as Administrator and not my normally used account. I have about 15 errors to fix.How do I change or delete the entries?

:)

WoodworkerGreenDog, Oct 4, 2022

2. Microsoft Money Plus with windows 10

I tried the registry edit, but I'm getting an error

Cannot edit Version: Error writing the value's new contents.

Any suggestions on how to resolve would be appreciated.

CatherineWise, Oct 4, 2022
  3. understanding total writes values on SSD

Thank you all for your input.

The SMART values are the same whether I use the manufacturer's software or any of the programs you have suggested.

Still, no feedback on why the number of NAND writes is lower than the number of total host writes? If accurate, this seems to go against the write amplification effect.

justtesting, Oct 4, 2022
  4. Bob 2023 Win User

Cannot edit URL: Error writing the value's new contents.

airplane mode

Tried all steps-no cigar.

With respect to changing radio enable I received the following message-"cannot edit RadioEnable -error writing value new content"

Bob 2023, Oct 4, 2022
Thema:

Cannot edit URL: Error writing the value's new contents.

1. Cannot edit URL: Error writing the value's new contents. - Similar Threads - Cannot edit URL

2. Cannot create value or key, Error writing to the registry

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot create value or key, Error writing to the registry: [IMG]When some Windows users tried creating value or key in Registry Editor, they failed due to lack of permission or misconfiguration. This issue is mainly caused when the user doesn’t have permission to access or perform actions on the folder under which they are trying to...
  3. Editing Video content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing Video content: Hi I have downloaded a apple video from my iPhone to my Microsoft office suite and am wanting rotate the video image which is currently on its side. How do you rotate the video?...
  4. Editing Video content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing Video content: Hi I have downloaded a apple video from my iPhone to my Microsoft office suite and am wanting rotate the video image which is currently on its side. How do you rotate the video?...
  5. HotspotShield Install Error Could not write value DisplayName to Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HotspotShield Install Error Could not write value DisplayName to Key: I uninstalled it yesterday and tried to reinstall it. When I go to reinstall, during the phase where it says 'Copying Registry Files' or something along the lines of that last phase, it gives me an error saying: Could not write value DisplayName to key...
  6. HotspotShield Install Error Could not write value DisplayName to Key

HotspotShield Install Error Could not write value DisplayName to Key: I uninstalled it yesterday and tried to reinstall it. When I go to reinstall, during the phase where it says 'Copying Registry Files' or something along the lines of that last phase, it gives me an error saying: Could not write value DisplayName to key...
  7. Cannot edit URL: Error writing the value's new contents.

Cannot edit URL: Error writing the value's new contents.: I have changed c:\users\Old_Name to c:\users\New_Name, but have an error above when trying to edit in the registry.[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search\CrawlScopeManager\Windows\SystemIndex\DefaultRules\9]...
  8. RegSetValueExW failed to write value name and value data to registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    RegSetValueExW failed to write value name and value data to registry: RegSetValueExW Unicode version of function failed to write the value name and value data to registry in windows 10. The value name contains more than 1000 characters,value data contains 16,000 characters. RegSetValueExW function return returns ERROR_SUCCESS but the value...
  9. cannot write to new extrenal drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot write to new extrenal drive: I ran out of space on my c drive. added an external drive. windows 10 will not load or "write to it . why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-write-to-new-extrenal-drive/4fa29ab3-74e4-4c94-8ce2-40c0100b4e6c
  10. Editing WindowsApps Contents?

Editing WindowsApps Contents?: So, I recently downloaded World of Tanks Blitz, and I've been looking forward to modding it, however, the files, contained in the WindowsApps folder present a 'access denied' warning whenever I try to edit them (even when trying as an admin). I have heard of a method using...