Windows 10: Cannot edit Windows 10 VPN Connection

Discus and support Cannot edit Windows 10 VPN Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a VPN connection setup on my Windows 10 laptop on build 10240 which has been working fine for three months.. It has somehow become corrupted so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by balein, Sep 23, 2015.

1. balein Win User

Cannot edit Windows 10 VPN Connection

I have a VPN connection setup on my Windows 10 laptop on build 10240 which has been working fine for three months.. It has somehow become corrupted so I cannot connect with it, edit it or delete it from within Settings. I also cannot delete or change it from the Network Adaptors screen in Control Panel. I am also unable to create a new VPN connection.

Can someone advise how to fix this, or whether I can delete it directly in the registry?

:)

balein, Sep 23, 2015
  2. MMichela Win User

Windows 10 Home Edition initiating a PPTP VPN Connection to office.

I've looked at the version differences between Windows 10 Home and Professional and I see that a Home version cannot join a Domain. My question is;

Can the Home Edition of Windows 10 connect to a network (SBS 2011) using the build in VPN Settings (PPTP)? I've only ever done this with Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Pro but didn't know if it was possible with Windows 10 Home edition.

Thank You

MMichela, Sep 23, 2015
  3. Balein Win User
    Windows 10 Add VPN not working

I had a VPN connection setup on my Windows 10 laptop on build 10240 which has been working fine for three months.. It has somehow become corrupted so I could not connect with it, edit it or delete it from within the Settings App. I eventually managed to
    delete it from the Network Adaptors screen in Control Panel combined with running sfc / scannow. However now I cannot add a new VPN connection form the Settings app. When I click on the + sign to add new VPN the Settings App freezes and nothing happens.

Is there any way I can reset the Settings App to overcome this issue or any other way I can create a VPN connection?

Balein, Sep 23, 2015
  4. z3r010 Win User

I've had all sorts of issues with my vpn's screwing up on 10, the only way I've found to remove a connection other than in settings is via a powershell command (I don't know much about powershell, I just google copy&paste).

These may help (see examples at the end).Remove VPN - Remove-VpnConnection
    Add VPN - Add-VpnConnection

z3r010, Sep 23, 2015
  5. balein Win User
    Thanks for this link - while you were sending it I was running chkdsk /r and sfc /scannow and between them they have removed the broken VPN connection. However I am still not able to create a new VPN connection, so my problem has now changed to how do I restore the broken VPN functionality?

When I have time I will try the Add VPN connection method you posted above - looks right on the limit of my technical understanding (or beyond!!) to get the right parameters though.

balein, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot edit Windows 10 VPN Connection - Similar Threads - Cannot edit VPN

2. Fix VPN Connection, Can’t connect to VPN connection error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix VPN Connection, Can’t connect to VPN connection error on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Amongst various VPN connection problems and issues you may encounter on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC could be the general error message Can’t connect to VPN connection with the full error message as follows: VPN Connection, Can’t connect to VPN connection, A...
  3. Cannot connect any VPN on windows 10.. Help plz

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect any VPN on windows 10.. Help plz: Hi, I am using windows 10 21H1 version. Since the last month i coulnot connect any vpn(Nord,Proton etc).. When I try to connect a vpn, its either stuck in connecting mode or my wifi internet disconnects. When I cancel the connection then only my wifi connects. So I searched...
  4. Error in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: Cannot connect to the world.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: Cannot connect to the world.: Hey everyone, I'm having troubles since I purchased the game connecting to external servers. Actually, I have the version 1.16.201, and I can join the default servers. The problem is when I try to add an external server, because the game can't find them. I've read that it...
  5. VPN connection gone after Windows 10 update. Cannot open VPN settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VPN connection gone after Windows 10 update. Cannot open VPN settings.: Hi! I've updated my Windows 10 Education edition to the latest version this weekend. I tried logging into my workplace VPN this morning and found that the connection was gone, so I tried to go to the VPN settings to re-add it, but when I click on "VPN settings" it just loads...
  6. Cannot connect to Desktop VPN

Cannot connect to Desktop VPN: Hey, so I recently built a new desktop, and purchased a domain, and set up Dynamic DNS on my said desktop. Desktop is Running Windows 10 - 64Bit. So, to start off: - when I ping my domain from an external location, I do see that the IP Address being pinged is indeed the...
  7. Cannot connect to VPN

Cannot connect to VPN: Hi, Since a while ago I cannot connect to a VPN connection. I get the error “Can’t connect to … The modem or other connecting device is already in use or is not configured properly”. I have seen many, usually old, posts, but they all have to do with dial-up modems. I am...
  8. Exporting a VPN connection windows 10

Exporting a VPN connection windows 10: I would advise waiting for your VPN provider to update their VPN service for Windows 10 1803.
  9. Remove a VPN Connection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove a VPN Connection in Windows 10: How to: Remove a VPN Connection in Windows 10 How to Remove a VPN Connection in Windows 10 [img] Information Whether it's for work or personal use, you can connect to a VPN (virtual private network) on your Windows 10 PC. A VPN connection can help provide a more...
  10. Connect to VPN in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect to VPN in Windows 10: How to: Connect to VPN in Windows 10 How to Connect to a VPN in Windows 10 [img] Information Whether it's for work or personal use, you can connect to a VPN (virtual private network) on your Windows 10 PC. A VPN connection can help provide a more secure connection to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to edit vpn connection info

2. cannot edit windows 10 vpnm connection