Windows 10: Cannot eject a USB.

Discus and support Cannot eject a USB. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The "Safely Eject Hardware and Media" will not pop up on my Windows 10 laptop. I tried to open it a different way, but then it said it couldn't eject... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EggFriedOmelettes, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Cannot eject a USB.

The "Safely Eject Hardware and Media" will not pop up on my Windows 10 laptop. I tried to open it a different way, but then it said it couldn't eject the USB. The USB has been read by the laptop. Any help on how to fix this?

:)

EggFriedOmelettes, Jul 19, 2019

2. ejecting a usb drive in 10

Hi Walden,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with accessing Safely Remove and Eject Media USB icon on the taskbar.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "not I can not get it to show up in bottom right lower", are you referring that you are not able to see the Eject USB icon under the show hidden icons?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to understand the system

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Turn on Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Please get back to us with an update on issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    An error occured while ejecting

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to follow the steps listed in
    problem ejecting USB mass storage device
    and check if it works.

Note: The article holds good for Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Cannot eject a USB.

Missing Eject in "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" List

Hi Tze Lin Wong,

The configuration to this can be found under settings. To enable this feature follow these steps:

1. Right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    2. Under Notification Area, choose
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    3. Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media
      and turn it on.

If this doesn't work, I suggest that you check with your USB drive manufacturer for new drivers or other updates.

All the best.

Mark Isi, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Cannot eject a USB.

1. Cannot eject a USB. - Similar Threads - Cannot eject USB

2. Windows 10 cannot "Safe Eject" USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 cannot "Safe Eject" USB drive: In case anyone is still having this problem, a simple solution that worked for me is to restart Windows Explorer from task manager.That's it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cannot-safe-eject-usb-drive/d936ef04-76a6-4a39-a96f-9c64e0de8eec
  3. Windows 10 cannot "Safe Eject" USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 cannot "Safe Eject" USB drive: In case anyone is still having this problem, a simple solution that worked for me is to restart Windows Explorer from task manager.That's it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cannot-safe-eject-usb-drive/d936ef04-76a6-4a39-a96f-9c64e0de8eec
  4. Windows 10 cannot "Safe Eject" USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB stick not ejecting

USB stick not ejecting: Hi I am running Windows 10 64bit 20H2 but this problem has been happening for the past few iterations of W10. Whenever I plug in a USB stick to delete some files and then try to safely eject the stick, I get the pop up message about "the device is currently in use". The...
  6. Unable to eject USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to eject USB: I can't just eject a USB drive. To safely eject I'm having to shut down. Win 10 Pro x64 156341
  7. cannot eject usb mass storage device

cannot eject usb mass storage device: Hi, I am using windows 10 in a dell desktop. I cannot eject usb mass storage device. With all programs closed I am told "this device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device. with everything closed this still comes up. How can I...
  8. USB EJECT

USB EJECT: When I try to eject a sandisk cruiser device I get a message saing that the volume12 sideband is being used..?what is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-eject/b5b258ae-7e86-4af9-8258-41775b2a4dfa
  9. Cannot eject safely an external USB drive

Cannot eject safely an external USB drive: Hello, Recently I bought one "WD Elements" 1TB external drive for data storage. When attachet it to the pc, it was found by the file explorer, it is already NTFS formated, one whole partition. On it found "WD Smartware pro trial" installer and an 'autorun.inf' file....
  10. Cannot eject safely usb external drive

Cannot eject safely usb external drive: Hello, The problem of beeing unable to eject the usb drive safely still exists, the only way I found (temporarily) is to disable it in the device manager, but then the change asks to restart the computer, if I do not restart, the drive is unabled. It seems I will have to...